Black Positive People : OK the march is over, what is the result desired of real change?

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Martin Luther King Speech - Where do we go from here

Southern Christian Leadership Conference
Atlanta, Georgia
16 August 1967

Now, in order to answer the question, "Where do we go from here?" which is our theme, we must first honestly recognize where we are now. When the Constitution was written, a strange formula to determine taxes and representation declared that the Negro was 60 percent of a person. Today another curious formula seems to declare he is 50 percent of a person. Of the good things in life, the Negro has approximately one half those of whites. Of the bad things of life, he has twice those of whites. Thus half of all Negroes live in substandard housing. And Negroes have half the income of whites. When we view the negative experiences of life, the Negro has a double share. There are twice as many unemployed. The rate of infant mortality among Negroes is double that of whites and there are twice as many Negroes dying in Vietnam as whites in proportion to their size in the population.

In other spheres, the figures are equally alarming. In elementary schools, Negroes lag one to three years behind whites, and their segregated schools receive substantially less money per student than the white schools. ....

COMPLETE HERE:
http://www.famous-speeches-and-speech-topics.info/martin-luther-king-speeches/martin-luther-king-speech-where-do-we-go-from-here.htm

Corvo

navigator of live
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
people are not expecting any thing to change.

Things are getting worst, so there is little people expect to change.

The prez talked about hope, now most are feeling hopeless.

Look around, most of what I see is sadness. Pent anger.

ProphetikGeneral

Apr 29, 2013
Unfortunately, the march did what it was designed to do: lull our people into the "American dream" drivel yet again and keep them suspended in the belief that somehow white people are going to repent from their wicked ways and stop their system of domination.

I mentioned in a previous thread, marching solves little, and many of our movements move nothing if we don't have an economic agenda with it. This is why the homosexuals, latinos and feminists can easily jump on our movements. Tell me, where were those groups when our homes were being firebombed, when we had dogs sicked on us or when we were obligated to sit in the back?

ProphetikGeneral

Apr 29, 2013
Yeah,

One of the issues that irks me most about our lack of organization as a people presently is our ability to outsource our struggle. We give everybody else and allow every other subgroup to take on what we've gone through as though they have had similar experiences. Now, since Latinos are the white dominators new pet project, they've melded the "immigration" battle into our revolutionary strides.

Our problem is that we keep letting white people shape our political and social options.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Nice posts and pasted up articles but form the supporters of the new 2013 March (which day is it?)

No one has simply said in their own worlds what the marchers expect from the president!

Just like the marchers received from LBJ in 64, not his congress!!!!

Take this or leave it Alarm Clock, but to answer your one question, would take a complete run-down, covering all the events occurring during and after the March ... And what would that benefit the person that painstakingly, provided succinctly, all that was said; nothing, absolutely nothing ... it would only be ridiculed. To mix this March with the end result of the 1963 March, is to mix apples to oranges.

So again, steps were outline, measurably, by all that participated and spoke during the rally, indicating the course of action following the March.

To mention one thing, Congressman John Lewis, vowed to fight Congress' dismantling of the Voting Rights Act, unequivocally. There are many other things to take place with constant and persistent agitation; according to Rev. Lowery ("We commemorate to go home and to agitate"), repeatedly profusely at the Rally ...

"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation…want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters…. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

Frederick Douglass, 1857
http://www.publiceye.org/buildingequality/Quotes/Frederick_Douglass.htm

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly