Science and Technology : Now even the FBI is warning about your smart TV's security

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Now even the FBI is warning about your smart TV's security

Zack Whittaker
TechCrunch

ZealotX

Jan 21, 2020
I think it's worth discussing, but I don't know how much I would fear all of this connected technology. Everything is basically turning into a computer now: your phone, your tv, your car, your thermostat, your radio, your fridge, your vacuum, your door bell, etc. etc.

However, there is only so much personal data all these other devices have on you. And typically, it's not visible outside your local network which should be protected by a firewall. Now, I heard that there was hacking stuff out there which could penetrate your phone via blue tooth. Now, THAT, to me, is scary. But someone hacking my TV via blue tooth... not as scary. I think there needs to be new ways of periodically resetting and rotating security protocols on all devices controlled by some air gap'd device that requires physical USB key or something.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I think it's worth discussing, but I don't know how much I would fear all of this connected technology. Everything is basically turning into a computer now: your phone, your tv, your car, your thermostat, your radio, your fridge, your vacuum, your door bell, etc. etc.

However, there is only so much personal data all these other devices have on you. And typically, it's not visible outside your local network which should be protected by a firewall. Now, I heard that there was hacking stuff out there which could penetrate your phone via blue tooth. Now, THAT, to me, is scary. But someone hacking my TV via blue tooth... not as scary. I think there needs to be new ways of periodically resetting and rotating security protocols on all devices controlled by some air gap'd device that requires physical USB key or something.

Well said ZealotX, well put indeed.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.