Black Atheists : No God Made Man, Man Apparently Made Gods!

Please Donate

I need your help. destee.com will be 25 years old in October and I don't know that we'll make it. It is hard to keep us alive right now. Our costs have only increased over the years. We have all put our love into this community, but love is not enough to keep the lights on. destee.com needs your financial help too. We are the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world. Please help us remain. Click the Donate button below or CashApp $8664destee - Thank you.

Astrocometman

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 6, 2013
Inglewood, California
By believing in what the title of this thread says, people will label you an Atheist. Since the begining of times there have been questions that people have sought answers for. I fully realize that religion is a complicated factor in the lives of people, yet, I believe that religion and Gods are a man made concept. Yes, in my personal view the construction of religion and God was by man. if you noticed this created God too has many human characteristics, emotions, etc. Btw, while God is supposed to be a reflection of man, the bible is a reflection of the time when it was originally written. Since why would such a God have a personality consistent with that of man. Why should such a creator display disappointment, anger, regret, happiness, and many other human emotions? If you can't really witness it, Gods attributes are a reflection of his creators and a direct representation of how humans [man] perceives themselves. As I see it, there can be no religion without a deity [GOD!] As I find that most religions are fear based anyway! There is a punishment concept attached to all religions. Believe it or not!!!
I advocate for the existence of God, not only by faith, but also by evidence. I am referring to Yahweh. It goes without saying there are idols and imagined gods, scripture speaks of both in context of providing a specific and broad based report on the Living God, of which there is a range of evidence the atheist mind cannot give place to in the blind of it's state of being.

Some atheists say there is unconvincing evidence of God. Other atheists swear there is no evidence at all. Those who declare unconvincing evidence can't say what they are referring to. What is your position, that there's no evidence or reason to perceive?

The atheist mind is in a hole, having to rely on the theory of evolution to account for it's being. Self organization of chemicals to create complex systems of functional biological elements is hardly what can be called or imagined as a workable explanation for one's existence. Is that what you buy into?

The biblical report of works by God are In hand as artifacts in a number of instances. In every case, where science has had opportunity to test/research the findings are unlike any other in the world. Your line of reasoning does have place where idols and imagined gods go. However,, your problem is in an argument that doesn't comprehend all that is in view in your assertion.

Da Flash

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 10, 2007
H-Town!
Occupation
underpaid peon
I advocate for the existence of God, not only by faith, but also by evidence. I am referring to Yahweh. It goes without saying there are idols and imagined gods, scripture speaks of both in context of providing a specific and broad based report on the Living God, of which there is a range of evidence the atheist mind cannot give place to in the blind of it's state of being.

Some atheists say there is unconvincing evidence of God. Other atheists swear there is no evidence at all. Those who declare unconvincing evidence can't say what they are referring to. What is your position, that there's no evidence or reason to perceive?

The atheist mind is in a hole, having to rely on the theory of evolution to account for it's being. Self organization of chemicals to create complex systems of functional biological elements is hardly what can be called or imagined as a workable explanation for one's existence. Is that what you buy into?

The biblical report of works by God are In hand as artifacts in a number of instances. In every case, where science has had opportunity to test/research the findings are unlike any other in the world. Your line of reasoning does have place where idols and imagined gods go. However,, your problem is in an argument that doesn't comprehend all that is in view in your assertion.

Astrocometman,

I know that your response is intended for Swagli but, I have a few questions;

1) What is your evidence for the existence of a god? I mean, not just because of the beauty in the world nor because no one can think of a better answer. I mean things that point directly to a god.

2) To say that "The atheist mind is in a hole" is disputed by your next line of "having to rely on the theory of evolution to account for it's being". You are aware that there are atheist that don't believe in evolution, right?

3) Do you think that references to the bible mean much to a person that doesn't believe in your god let alone your bible? It's like pointing to Harry Potter novels to prove that Hogwarts actually exist.

Astrocometman

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 6, 2013
Inglewood, California
Is there such a thing as an absolute truth?!? I have found that it is the religious that try to promote absolute truths about things that they cannot know. I for one would like to see an example of an absolute truth!
It is absolutely true you will be destroyed standing in the path of an onrushing train. The Shroud of Turin is an absolute truth in evidencing an event science has no means 5
Astrocometman,

"1) What is your evidence for the existence of a god? I mean, not just because of the beauty in the world nor because no one can think of a better answer. I mean things that point directly to a god."

I'm happy to address your questions. What you've posed as inquiries are balanced and quite reasonable. If you are willing to put in the work to come to a reasonable conclusion about what's in view I am comfortable with the possibility you can appreciate where I'm coming from.

What I am saying is to the presentation of the Living God, not an artifact of man's imagination. In India alone there
2) To say that "The atheist mind is in a hole" is disputed by your next line of "having to rely on the theory of evolution to account for it's being". You are aware that there are atheist that don't believe in evolution, right?

3) Do you think that references to the bible mean much to a person that doesn't believe in your god let alone your bible? It's like pointing to Harry Potter novels to prove that Hogwarts actually exist.

Astrocometman,

1) What is your evidence for the existence of a god? I mean, not just because of the beauty in the world nor because no one can think of a better answer. I mean things that point directly to a god.

I have been busy with a number of things today. I will begin dealing with your post tomorrow. You are not being ignored.

Latest profile posts

2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.
Kemetstry wrote on Cindy's profile.
Why are you following me?
Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss: