Nigeria : Nigerians

Riada

May 14, 2005
Destee said:
Sister Riada ... Welcome Home ... :wave:

What comes to mind when reading your posts in this thread, is Mr. Neely Fuller's basic premise, which is:

If you do not understand 'white' supremacy (as racism)
----- what it is, and how it works ------
everything else that you understand, will only confuse you.

For you to blame Nigerians, or any non-white person for the condition in which they live, under this universal system of white supremacy, is an indication that you don't understand white supremacy ... in my opinion.

But i love you anyway Sister ... :love: ... again ... Welcome Home!

:heart:

Destee
Thanks for the welcome back, Destee!

Re this discussion, I'm going to be honest here and admit I don't understand what y'all are saying and yes, I have listened to Neely Fuller and Francis Cress Welsing, and the whole nine. Are you and others here saying that if I, for ex. stole food from nursing mothers, let your children die for lack of one antibiotic shot, stole medicine from sick people in the hospital, sold diluted medicine to poor patients, allowed others to poison your water and food supply, that y'all would say, "Oh poor Riada, she's suffering from post traumatic slavery disorder, so let's give her a pass."

I SINCERELY hope not!! Even though my ancestors were enslaved, PLEASE hold me accountable because I know what I'm doing, and if I can get over on y'all that easily, I'm gon think y'all are a bunch of weak-minded, suckers. At the very least, I wouldn't have any respect for people who would allow me to do those things to them and give me a pass.

I would hope y'all would chase me down and chop me up!!

Maybe, I'm missing something, but what has happened to Black people that we don't hold each other accountable for ANYTHING, anymore? This is SCARY! It seems like y'all are saying that anything terrible that any Black person does to another Black person does is understandable and justified because they're Black and have been traumatized by racism, colonialism, or both. Am I understanding this correctly?

Riada

May 14, 2005
Cedric Denson said:
In defense of my Afrikan Brothas and Sistahs across the globe, may I ask the following question:

With all of this "corruption" talk, Is Nigeria responsible for the loss of:

Knowledge of Self?
Spirituality?
Language?
Culture?
Name?
HEALth-n-Wellness-based System?

Because if not, I don't see what the gain is here, trying to point out one of Our 'Homelands' as "corrupt." They have been 'robbed' just like we were over here in this KKKountry. By the way, Where are the threads talking about the corruption(s) of Spaniards, Portuguese, Italian, German, Greek, Russian, Turkish people at? I am pretty sure that they at least have 3 of the aforementioned "things" in the question, as it applies to them. As for us, ...well...go figure...

KD
Brother CD, I understand your point, however, I "don't care" about corruption in those other countries because corruption in those places don't rob me and my children of our birthright since we have no connection or investment--emotional, cultural or otherwise in those other places and have no plans to live in any of them.

It sounds like you're saying that if I stole your car and you caught me, I could just point out to you that other people steal cars, so why do you have a problem with me stealing yours. lol What I'm not getting is why pointing the finger at others who do wrong things seems to absolve us Black folks from guilt in the eyes of Black people these days for the wrong things that some of us do to each other?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Riada said:
Thanks for the welcome back, Destee!

Re this discussion, I'm going to be honest here and admit I don't understand what y'all are saying and yes, I have listened to Neely Fuller and Francis Cress Welsing, and the whole nine. Are you and others here saying that if I, for ex. stole food from nursing mothers, let your children die for lack of one antibiotic shot, stole medicine from sick people in the hospital, sold diluted medicine to poor patients, allowed others to poison your water and food supply, that y'all would say, "Oh poor Riada, she's suffering from post traumatic slavery disorder, so let's give her a pass."

I SINCERELY hope not!! Even though my ancestors were enslaved, PLEASE hold me accountable because I know what I'm doing, and if I can get over on y'all that easily, I'm gon think y'all are a bunch of weak-minded, suckers. At the very least, I wouldn't have any respect for people who would allow me to do those things to them and give me a pass.

I would hope y'all would chase me down and chop me up!!

Maybe, I'm missing something, but what has happened to Black people that we don't hold each other accountable for ANYTHING, anymore? This is SCARY! It seems like y'all are saying that anything terrible that any Black person does to another Black person does is understandable and justified because they're Black and have been traumatized by racism, colonialism, or both. Am I understanding this correctly?
No Sister, i'm not saying all of that. We must be responsible for our actions, and not continue to perpetuate what is being done to us.

But when i hear you speaking so negatively regarding an entire group of our people ... all victims of white supremacy ... makes it appear as though you are not considering the overwhelming influence that white supremacy plays in this picture.

We don't have to go to Nigeria, to point out where Black people need to do better. We can go to most any place that Black people are allowed to congregate, and see us doing virtually the same. Not only in Nigeria, but where ever we are ... you will find lots of the worst of everything.

None of this is by accident, as it is global. Where ever you find us, you find us mistreating each other. We manifest the weapons of mass destruction put upon us, very well. We are victims, and so, we act like victims. The only way not to be a victim, living under a universal system of white supremacy, is to be white ... or replace that system with a system of justice.

If pointing fingers at each other were the answer, then surely we would have cleaned up our own back yard by now, and Nigeria, or any other place in the world would welcome our critique, for we would also be bringing with us answers ... but we have no answers ... for we have not solved the problem in our own backyard. The problem is white supremacy (racism).

:heart:

Destee

kemetkind

Oct 8, 2005
Ultimately, none of the long-term solutions to the global condition of our people can be achieved without the strength of African nations.

This is why corruption in African governments concerns us more than corruption of western governments.

I finally understand where Brother omo is coming from when he says White Supremacy is defeated. In a sense, he's absolutely right. There is no longer any consensus whatsoever that by definition to be white is to be superior to anyone else.

The TACTICS of white supremacy now hold more sway over black/africans the world over than they do over other groups....that should tell us there are some things we are doing wrong which we can (must) do better.

For starters, we have to accept accountability for our actions and our condition.

Corruption of some continental leadership is damaging to our future, and should be called out and corrected, the same as corruption of our diasporan leadership here.

Understanding that white supremacy creates an environment for corruption does not mean we let ourselves off the hook when we fall prey to it.

If we do that we have implanted UPON OURSELVES a doctrine of Black Inferiority which would doom us to permanent victim status at the bottom of the world's races.

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
Riada said:
Brother CD, I understand your point, however, I "don't care" about corruption in those other countries because corruption in those places don't rob me and my children of our birthright since we have no connection or investment--emotional, cultural or otherwise in those other places and have no plans to live in any of them.

It sounds like you're saying that if I stole your car and you caught me, I could just point out to you that other people steal cars, so why do you have a problem with me stealing yours. lol What I'm not getting is why pointing the finger at others who do wrong things seems to absolve us Black folks from guilt in the eyes of Black people these days for the wrong things that some of us do to each other?
...Just as I said, because Black folks have not robbed anyone of their Name, Language, Culture, Knowledge of Self, and so on, and so forth. I understand your point as well, but I am one of those People who get to the 'root(s)' of things. Our Ancestors were not a [mischievous] People of thieves. I don't remember if I recall saying it at the moment, but if I stole something from you that destroyed you, your children, your Grandchildren, and 'on down the line,' How would you feel?

The difference in your 'analogy' is - You can get a car back much quicker than you can get yourself back. When you really think about it, it does not take much work to get a 'thing' back, such as a car. However, when it comes to learning your True roots, as they apply to you, how easy is it to get that back?

In my Mind, I believe as long as White Supremacy is alive and well, we have no reason or time to blame each other. No matter how "corruptive" we may be, we have to unify, and break the chains of White Supremacy on us, as well as return to a Knowledge of who we are. When that happens, let us see how "corruptive" of a People we really are...

KD

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: