Nigeria : Nigerians

karmashines

Banned
Feb 26, 2005
There is a very RACIST perception that Nigerians are swindlers and it sickens me. Are there any Nigerians here that can shed light on why such a perception exists except for RACISM? Anyone here know any Nigerians personally?

militant

Jun 21, 2005
Thanks. I am glad you brought up the topic.
I dont condone criminal activity of any form and it is unfortunate for those who have been affected. That said, I believe people have to be rational when making senseless generalizations. Make no mistake, I am Nigerian and proudly because I feel deep down whites fear strong and educated black people.
Firstly, 95% of American fraud is perpetuated by White Americans. Something CNN refused to indicate in its recent onslaught of Nigerian in Houston. Mind you Nigerians in Houston has the highest per capita of medical doctors than any other racial group, including the Jews or Asians.

Secondly, I always felt that if we were to put up all criminal activities of Italians, russians, East Indians or hispanics on the news media, one would be forced to switch off the tv very often. However, the News Media will not do so because they feel it is politically incorrect to attack these groups of people. Consider the narrative of a certain friend of mine in UK with whom I brought up the exact question you raised, his words are as follows:
Coming back to the CNN/BBC aired programmes, i was once stopped by the police here in the UK in 2002 for driving a Jaguar S-type and the two policemen wanted to really know what i do for a living to be able to afford a Jaguar, the two policemen being so stupid not for anything but the fact a Jaguar of that type sells for a small amount of less than 20K Pounds, we slugged it out for a very long time and because i had no drivers license on me, they took me to a local Police Station and when due identifications had taken place, i was promptly released with an official apology, now this is my point, after the identifications, we became partial friends and this particular constable revealed alot to me and please read below:

1. Credit card fraud here in the UK are being perpetuated on a gross note by the Asians and not Nigerians- Nigerians make a hell of noise when some small dough drops in via identity fraud.

2. Big crimes dont have the involvement of Nigerians at all, we are only into pettystuff and at the end of the day make a hell of noise on non issues

3. Nigerians here in the UK drink drive alot most especially from popular spots in the South-East of London and run into patrolling local bobbies-a typical Asian or Caribbean will leave his or her car at home and hire a cab to go drink at the local pub.

4. Nigerians run away with meager loans from the banks-the officer even told me that it’s so embarrassing when Nigerians run away with 5K Pounds loans, what nonsense.

5. Nigerians don’t rape, commit murders or car jack!! But the very small identity frauds that we commit are loud trumpeted and the rest of the world thus see us as bad images of the African continent.

I think the labelling of Nigerians as criminals has to do with many factors:
(1) Identifiable criminal element(s) ala 419, drug peddlers.
(2) A very visible Nigerian immigrant population in health care sector, economics, universities such that it goes against the tenets of white supremacy and as such needs to be qualified.
(3) The unfortunate arrogance and loudness of many Nigerians that does little to win them friends and plenty to win them enemies.

It is noteworthy that the recent Operation Return to Sender arrested 2000 illegal imigrants, 800 of which were Nigerians. That is on the back of millions of mexicans protesting, attemtping to bring American to a standstill, with the Mexican flag.

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
We do have a fellow young Brotha here who is Nigerian and from Nigeria (out of respect for him, I will not mention his name), and from what he tells me and has told me, things are not very good for him either. I will make an attempt to find him though.

CD06

ibrahim

Sep 17, 2005
Ghana, West Africa
Occupation
Student
Cedric Denson said:
We do have a fellow young Brotha here who is Nigerian and from Nigeria (out of respect for him, I will not mention his name), and from what he tells me and has told me, things are not very good for him either. I will make an attempt to find him though.

CD06

I have met a couple Nigerians who feel that way.
Some too have been arrested for Fraud, 419.
But you know what?
Their victims are always white men
GREEDY WHITE MEN

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
ibrahim said:
I have met a couple Nigerians who feel that way.
Some too have been arrested for Fraud, 419.
But you know what?
Their victims are always white men
GREEDY WHITE MEN

............I hear you my Beloved Brother.......

I will even admit for my sake that it gets hard considering what goes on with our people around the globe. My take - 'Good Times' are surely coming to an end.

CD06

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on rhymebad's profile.
@rhymebad ... i love you ... :love: ... what was going wrong about polls and being blocked and stuff?
Destee wrote on pdiane's profile.
Welcome Home Sister! :love:
pdiane wrote on panafrica's profile.
Hey Destee, thank you for still being here! You are loved!
pdiane wrote on panafrica's profile.
I'm Black on Destee, I feel at home! It's been a while! Soooo in 2004 I married my Senegalese Husband, when I first went to Senegal, I loved, it! The people were hospitable and my husband's family was very kind! Well I've been there many times now, have taken African Americans, well over 150 and it has been an amazing experience!
Free as free can be