Nigeria : Nigerians wary of corruption crackdown

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Africa's most populous nation and the world's eight largest oil exporter is regularly ranked as one of the world's most corrupt countries.

Corruption and mismanagement mean that despite the country's vast oil wealth, some 60% of Nigerians live in poverty.

Much of the debt was built up during Nigeria's many years of military rule and was unashamedly pocketed by army generals.

Former leader Sani Abacha is accused of personally stealing $2.2bn during his five years in office.

Many Nigerian officials took their cue from their leaders.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4497915.stm

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Nigeria : Who Likes President Trump? In Africa, Nigerians are Big Fans of the Donald Nigeria 2
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Nigerians? Happy People yet so Stupid! and Gullible! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
A Black Entertainment : Nigerians Are Quick To Claim Famous African Americans as Their Own Black Entertainment 58
S Nigeria : Nigerians have the highest level of education in the U.S. Nigeria 0
Amnat77 Nigeria : Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Spend $225 million on Private Jets Nigeria 20
Amnat77 Nigeria : Nigerians angry at oil pollution double standards Nigeria 6
P Nigeria : Nigerians re-living the highlife Nigeria 0
K Nigeria : Nigerians Nigeria 34
P Nigeria : UK visa delay for young Nigerians Nigeria 10
Khasm13 Khasm13 : destee fam be wary... Khasm13 33
chuck Black People : They Be Baiting Don't Be Biting! Ever Cautious/Wary! Black People Open Forum 2
P Zimbabwe : Farmers wary of Zimbabwe's offer Zimbabwe 1
Ndugu Black People : If Africans desire us to Return, by the Millions they must Battle Corruption the way we battled White Supremacy so they could come here Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : arrange my raps to set strange traps for a scene of production // Its extreme corruption, see an a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Arrange my raps to set strange traps for a scene of production Its extreme corruption, see an affair Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : violence-corruption-within-the-Chicago-PD Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
shaka64 Black People : On going Corruption watch thread (Watch List) Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People : Freedom Rider:Charter School Corruption Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : 20 LA deputies charged with corruption... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
RAPTOR Black People : Marsha Coleman-Adebayo: "A Whistleblowers Triumph Over Corruption And Retaliation At The EPA" Black People Open Forum 1
$$RICH$$ Black People : A system of corruption battle of black & white Black People Open Forum 33
S Ghana : OPED: The UK and Corruption in Ghana Ghana 0
P Black People : Who or what , behind the Corruption in the Motherland Black People Open Forum 0
H Black Spirituality Religion : Biblical Corruption Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 15
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : The knowledge of God avoids crime and corruption in devotee Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Global Family-Corruption Garbing others money- Blood Relations Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : VOICE of CORRUPTION Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
P Africa : The cost of corruption in Africa All Things Africa 1
I Black People : Negan's corruption Black People Open Forum 6
P Nigeria : Nigerian's war against corruption Nigeria 8
SpiritualONE Black People : CIA (Corruption In Action) Black People Open Forum 2