Nigeria : Nigerian Woman Barely Escapes Stoning Death; Now Her Countryman Faces the Same Fate

HerukhuMaat

Aug 13, 2003
Bucktown USA
I'm not saying that stoning her was morally justified. I'm just saying that certain cultures handle crime and punishment their own way. The woman was Muslim. That's how they handle their crime in that particular culture. Let them continue to handle it themselves without the U.S. stepping in. Now why isn't everyone in an uproar over the lynching and dragging deaths of black men in this country over the past 3 years. Again we ignore the problems at home because it's easy to look at some other culture and say they're uncivilized and barbaric. How hyporcitical and American.

Now that America as liberated Iraq, I'm sure you don't mind all the women taking off their veils and telling their husbands that they're independent women and he can't do anything for her.

Here's to good old fashioned American Values and Imperialism.
Cheers.

Pharaoh Jahil

Aug 2, 2003
Mother Earth
Occupation
College Student
Why focus on what only goes on here in Amerikkka with the treatment of blacks. That's divide and conquor, The revolution also takes place with our people in the motherland. I wonder if you had that same attitude when U.S-Africans were speaking out against aparthied in South Africa.

My gosh, it's okay to have an 'opinion' about problems that take place in other countries.

PurpleMoons

Administrator
STAFF
Apr 22, 2003
Why do you feel that people here in America is not in an uproar over our troubles. we have been struggling and fighting this cruelty for years. You may not have seen or heard of it but like the Creator our struggles exist. I understand also where you are coming from but cruelty is cruelty whether or not it is religious or political. whether or not it is there or here. Its this type of thinking that keeps us so oppressed as a people because if it dont have anything to do with us why should we care. We should just turn a blind eye to it? We need to form a union, a connection with all who are oppressed. There is power in
numbers. You believe that that woman was muslim because of choice? I think she didnt have much of a choice in that matter.
We as a people need to start loving each other no matter where we are.
Ex: If I see a child lying on the street hungry for food, It is not my child. I dont even know him. Would it be humane for me to walk on by or would it be humane for me to take him and feed him and guide him in the direction where help would be more sufficient for his needs. As black people we need to show some love to each other. Its not a religious thing but a spiritual one.

HerukhuMaat

Aug 13, 2003
Bucktown USA
I appreciate all of your opinons, thoughts and comments.
There are injustices going on all around the world. There is still chattel slavery going on in the Sudan but since it's not making headlines in the major newspapers we pretend it's not happening anymore. Here today gone tomorrow. The incident with the nigerian woman is happening everyday around the world. Give it a few weeks and we'll all forget about it. If we're not going to make a concerted effort to actively do something about it on a daily basis then why bother getting all worked up about it. That's my concern. Let's not keep it real, let's keep it right.

Pharaoh Jahil

Aug 2, 2003
Mother Earth
Occupation
College Student
Hmm, you kinda have a point Heru but the fact that Im posting this up, trigers a thought threw the minds who were never aware that this type of treatment was going on in the motherland.

Shem Hotep.

PurpleMoons

Administrator
STAFF
Apr 22, 2003
Yes Pharaoh Jah, Your conscious thought and you passing the message is makin all who reads this aware. We all cant be Nelson Mandela's or Martin's and Malcolm but our awareness can trigger the consciousness of others. All though we may not be on the front line our contribution is actively alerting and teachin all
about whats going on. Just because we dont see or hear about the struggle it doesnt mean it aint happening and that it is forgotton. Herukhumaat you have a very unique name. Will you tell me what it means? I been meaning to ask you because I like It.

HerukhuMaat

Aug 13, 2003
Bucktown USA
Hey Purple,
Thank you for the compliment. Heru means that which is above, or one which has a consciensness that is above or high.
My full name is Heru Khufu Un Nefer Maat. means "He Who Provides and Beautifully Exists within all that is righteous, true, Just and balanced.

PurpleMoons

Administrator
STAFF
Apr 22, 2003
Wow Heru Khufu Un Nefer Maat! Just like I thought. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing your voice and your beautiful name.
Peace go with you

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.