Nigeria : Nigerian Woman Barely Escapes Stoning Death; Now Her Countryman Faces the Same Fate

Pharaoh Jahil

Aug 2, 2003
Mother Earth
Occupation
College Student
Nigerian Woman Barely Escapes Stoning Death; Now Her Countryman Faces the Same Fate
By Alicia Johnson, Special to BET.com

Posted September 26, 2003 -- Just moments after a Nigerian woman escaped being stoned to death for adultery, her countryman was sentenced to the same fate for molesting boys.

Amina Lawal, a 32-year-old peasant woman, attracted worldwide attention when she was sentenced to die under Sharia, strict Islamic law. After months of legal battles and pleas from international human rights groups, a panel of five judges ruled 4-to-1 to spare the single mother, stating Lawal was not given "ample opportunity to defend herself."

Lawal is the second Nigerian woman to be condemned to death for having sex out of wedlock and later acquitted. The first woman, Safiya Hussaini, had her sentence overturned in March.

To read the rest of this article, please go here http://www.bet.com/articles/0,,c3gb7541-8365,00.html

Deepa

Aug 8, 2003
Sad situations in a sick world.

Many see it as "us" and "them" when it is "we".

If "we" would have acted as a worldwide nation of people then "our" sistas and brothas wouldn't victimize other victims.

Now back to reality....

Don't ya just love subjective religious laws? Makes ya feel all warm and confused inside.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
i was watching this and i agree with Deepa very sad and sick
to stone her to death in time a over rule that save her life .wow!

Pharaoh Jahil

Aug 2, 2003
Mother Earth
Occupation
College Student
<<<Don't ya just love subjective religious laws? Makes ya feel all warm and confused inside.>>>

This just further proves that 'religion' is man-made.

Tetsujin

Aug 18, 2003
I find it interesting that the offending man in the stoning situation would not have received such a harsh sentence.....

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

We want to make this website the last destination for people who wish to the right product for their needs. Regardless of whether it be a new gaming keyboard, baby product, trendy fashion, monitors and or workstation gadgets, you will consider our unbiased reviews on only beasts.com the essential guide to understanding your choices.
https://only-beasts.com
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.