Nigeria : nigeria kidnapping a hoax?

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
The Nigerian mothers wailing and fathers beating their breasts sure had me fooled (NOT!):

U.S. joins hunt for missing Nigerian schoolgirls
What happened
Drones, manned spy planes, and intelligence agents from the U.S., the U.K., and other Western nations were deployed to Nigeria this week in a bid to help locate about 275 Nigerian schoolgirls being held hostage by Islamist militants Boko Haram in a remote region of the country. A video released Monday showed around 100 of the girls wearing full veils and praying; the group’s leader, Abubakar Shekau, claimed they had converted to Islam and threatened to sell them into slavery unless the government released 4,000 Boko Haram prisoners. “There is a market for selling humans,” he said. “Allah says I should sell.” Nigerian government officials said they had opened “talks” with Boko Haram leaders. Throughout the world, there was growing outrage over the kidnapping, which took place a month ago at a boarding school in Nigeria’s northeast state of Borno. A Twitter campaign–#BringBackOurGirls–went viral.
Boko Haram, which translates as “Western education is forbidden,” was set up to establish an Islamic state governed by sharia law. But when Shekau took the reins in 2009, he made it much more radical; his men have killed an estimated 7,000 people in the past two years alone, including Muslims he deems too secular. “He seems to want to distinguish himself by the depth of his brutality,” said former U.S. counterterrorism chief Daniel Benjamin. “It is a big part of his calling card.”
What the editorials said
This kidnapping has brought Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan under an “international spotlight,” said The Economist—and he doesn’t look good. For several years, Jonathan “has publicly shrugged off the deaths of thousands of people” at the hands of Boko Haram, saying there is little he can do about such fanatics. Two weeks passed before he even commented on the girls’ kidnapping. Nigeria’s army clearly isn’t up to the task of rescuing the girls, either: It was reportedly warned of the kidnapping four hours in advance, and has a reputation for incompetence and brutality.
With each day that passes, the job of finding these poor girls “gets more complicated,” said the New York Post. Intelligence reports suggest many of them have been separated into smaller groups and are being hidden in the caves of the Gwoza mountains and the dense Sambisa forest. But it’s imperative that the U.S. doesn’t dismiss this as “merely a local problem.” In recent years, terrorists have struck all over Africa, from a gas plant in Algeria to a shopping mall in Kenya. “Any Islamist war on modernity will sooner or later target America.”

http://theweek.com/article/ppArticle/669/25040

Kamau47

Dec 6, 2005
In The Shadows
Google+, for me, is the adult version of Facebook, which I never use. Thanks.

On another note:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/boko-haram-doesnt-differentiate-children-plans-to-kidnap-more-nigerian-schoolgirls/

It bothered me that this man was blatantly saying that more kidnappings could be in the works, but then I saw the name "al Qaeda" tossed in the article. Now, all of a sudden, things are looking not quite clear. I'm not saying one way or another if this whole mess is real or fabricated. But to throw in the mix, a well hated & targeted group............ :thinking:

Corvo

navigator of live
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
As usual, we are being played. Always look to who benefits from the event. It's that simple.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Wow. Are we really that negative, that easily (mis)led that all someone has to do is to say black is white and we go yea! yea! knew it all the time? Even when a minute before, they'd said black is black and white is white?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: