Nigeria : Nigeria develops Plasma-Screen TV

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
Great News

militant said:
The plasma television is not the only product of the small but energetic Omatek, a Lagos company which several months ago began turning out also office computers and latest generation PCs.

''The technology is imported but the production is 100 per cent Nigerian " explains Oluyomi Soyinka, director general. "Our production lines, where some 250 people work, can produce up to 60,000 computers per year. With the flat screen televisions we expect great results, thanks to a final price which is on average from 30-35 per cent lower than our Korean or Japanese competitors"

In practice, this mean selling at just over 600,000 naira (around 3,000 dollars) a 42 inch television that Asian competitors can not offer for less than a million naira.

The advantage, Solinka admits, comes also from the high taxes on imports, but the experiments is still unique in Africa.

The range of Omatek products, besides TVs and computers (where the only imported elements are the motherboards and processors) includes hi-fi and home theatre systems as well as monitors for presentations.

But the company, whose main stakeholders are two of Nigeria's main banks, wants to support the technological growth of the most populous African nation. It has recently approved an e-youth initiative, to provide families and schools at competitive prices and installment payments, a pc installed with educational software and wide-band access to the Internet.
The Monetary system currently enslaving the planet, has literally evolved from the system that enslaved Africa and Africans, is strategically consistently hostile to both our individual and collective socio-economic development which is why this initiative is definitely the way to go in Africa and the African Diaspora where Africans are in government.

The problem Africans in Africa, the USA (where few Blacks/Negroes even realise they are AFRICAN) and the rest of the Diaspora have is that we allow other ethnicities (especially White Supremacist Racist Caucasians); to decide which of us are going to be talented and creative enough to form our intelligentsia/elite.

Thus we consistently end up with very easily factually, intellectually and spiritually challenged Negroes/Blacks (as opposed to truly free thinking Africans) who are both unwilling and incapable of leading our communities constructively (with many of them being sellouts as you’ve highlighted) in this extremely hostile environment; which is one of the reasons they are allowed (or even promoted as role models) to be materially successful by the White Supremacist Racist Establishment.

The reason we were (enslaved) ripped out of Africa and spread throughout the Diaspora (including the USA) was and is to make sure that we don’t have our own [the Asian Japanese, Chinese, and Indians have secured their ancestral homelands but Africans in Africa and the Diaspora including the USA are still in turmoil, and will not be respected until we organise ourselves intelligently] cultural and political infra-structure to support and enhance; which would also function as a means of protecting us both individually and en masse.

Anyone who genuinely believes they are not programmed is graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE! [HASTY my alter ego]!​

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍