Black Entertainment : New TV show where white actor Joseph Fiennes plays Michael Jackson

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
11 January 2017

New TV show where white actor Joseph Fiennes plays Michael Jackson faces 'whitewashing' backlash - but director insists the star 'unlocks the spirit' of his character

As Michael Jackson fans express their dismay over actor Joseph Fiennes playing the King of Pop in an upcoming TV special, the show's director has defended choosing the white actor to play the role of the black star.

The casting of 46-year-old Fiennes in the upcoming Urban Myths special on Britain's Sky Arts was first criticized when it was announced last year, but there was a resurgence of backlash on Tuesday after a preview for the show with scenes featuring Michael Jackson was released.

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...or-insists-star-unlocks-spirit-character.html

Last edited:

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Lol them people petty as hell, give em an inch, they take a 100 miles

I agree with you, 103. They never cease to amaze me. On what planet does this make sense at all?

*smh*

Anyway, I'm glad the show got canned. And, maybe they can be sued for the grief they caused, too....

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Monday 16 January 2017

Michael Jackson film announced after Sky pulls Joseph Fiennes portrayal in Urban Myths

Fiennes' portrayal of the King of Pop caused outrage

upload_2017-1-19_14-46-47.png

.......A new Michael Jackson biopic was announced by Lifetime on the same day that a controversial episode of
Urban Life about the King of Pop was pulled from broadcast.

.......Jackson's daughter Paris said of Fiennes' portrayal: "I'm so incredibly offended by it... as I'm sure plenty of people are as well, and it honestly makes me want to vomit."

Read more

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...de-pull-pars-neverland-lifetime-a7529091.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Asomfwaa Black Entertainment : "Black-ish" a new TV show where the joke is Black Family Black Entertainment 5
I Black Spirituality Religion : Can You Show Me Where In The Bible That There Is Such Thing As The '' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
G Black Entertainment : American Racist Police Show "COPS" Canceled By Paramount Productions Black Entertainment 1
HODEE Black Poetry : Anyway Happy Valentines Day. I just hope you didn’t show up for the tears. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Show No Self-Respect Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : A Fool Can Show A Happy Face But Joy Comes From Freedom Of Mind Black People Open Forum 0
N The Front Porch : I am new here and will like to have someone to show me around The Front Porch 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Jerry Springer says Trump 'took my show and brought it to the White House' Black Entertainment 0
Da Da Brim Black Poetry : Th truth you reap what you show Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
W Black Entertainment : Female Bawses needed on new show with Courtney Adeleye Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Scans Show Female Brains Remain Youthful As Male Brains Wind Down Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : As Trump Boasts About Economy, New Data Show Poverty Rate Virtually Unchanged Black People Open Forum 2
Writspirit Black People : Spirituality: Show - Sacred Places with Bethelle Jay Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Show me your hands - 99 seconds Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Lionel Richie and LL Cool J Get Kennedy Center Honors While Donald Trump Skips the Show Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : 12-years-a-slave-writer-defends-absence-of-black-women-on-new-show-about-racism Black People Politics 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : Issa Rae HBO Show "Insecure" Does Not Represent Black LA or Black LA's Wealth Black Entertainment 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: The truth behind Tamron Hall firing at The Today Show Audio Video Web Conferencing 5
jamesfrmphilly Black People : today-show-viewers-react-to-tamron-hall-being-replaced-by-megyn-kelly Black People Open Forum 2
J Black People : What ever happened to Tom Pope of the Tom Pope radio show? Black People Open Forum 17
jamesfrmphilly African American History Culture : vintage-photos-show-the-beauty-of-african-american-women-from-between-1920s-and-1940s African American History Culture 2
Liberty Black Entertainment : Two people killed, two wounded after gunfire erupts at Meek Mill show in Connecticut Black Entertainment 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Trump says no-show African American voters helped him win Black People Politics 86
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : radio show opportunity... Black People Politics 0
HODEE Black People Politics : Election stats show almost half the country didn’t vote Black People Politics 6
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : shaquille-oneal-not worried about cops because i-show-respect Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Liberty Black Entertainment : TNT Gave CHARLES BARKLEY A SHOW TO TALK ABOUT RACE? SMH Black Entertainment 12
Liberty Black People : :Funny Graphs Show Correlation Between Completely Unrelated Stats Black People Open Forum 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Meet Bozoma Saint John, the Apple executive who stole the show at WWDC Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : W. Kamau Bell Confronts the Klan on His New CNN Show Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Liberty Black Entertainment : Taye Diggs Joins the Game Show Host Circuit, Which Is Apparently Becoming a Black Man's Domain Black Entertainment 0
Writspirit Black People : Show with Dru Hill on BlakeRadio.com Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Melissa Harris-Perry walks away from her own MSNBC show complaining of network meddling Black People Politics 6
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : melissa-harris-perry-walks-off-show-msnbc Black People Politics 4
Liberty Black Picture Image Gallery : These Incredible Family Photos of MLK Show A Side Of Him That Will Warm Your Heart Black Picture Image Gallery 12
chuck Black People : Who Are Your Favorite Local Black Radio Talk Show Hosts? Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Flow correct and show respect got pride from schools Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
R Black Poetry : LIKE I SAID QUIT HATING BEHIND THE LINE STEP UP AND RHYME SHOW US SOME HIP HOP LOL Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
IFE Black People : cellphones show South Carolina cop flipping girl out of seat, throwing her on ground Black People Open Forum 3
R Black Poetry : Use words strongly consist of verbs only that show action And flow with satisfaction like fish strea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Destee's Thoughts Happy 18th Birthday To US! - Live Call In Show - Friday @ 8 pm ET - Call 251-263-5220 Destee's Thoughts 3
jamesfrmphilly Black People : fashion-show-about-police-brutality Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Next time someone tells you "all lives matter," show them this cartoon Black People Politics 10
Lakeesha T Black Entertainment : BREAKING NEWS- Nickelodeon Hires Interracial Cuckold Fetishist To Write Kid's Show Black Entertainment 7
Writspirit Black People : Michael Jackson Tribute Show at NJPAC and Apollo Theater Black People Open Forum 0
Writspirit Black People : PREACH, a show about 4 Prophetess, Coming to Lifetime June 5th Black People Open Forum 1
1poetsought Black Poetry : Show Some LOVE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
RAPTOR Black People : Dr. Claud Anderson Interview - Black Freedmen Indian Treaty of 1866 - The Michael Imhotep Show Black People Open Forum 2
KingSango Black People : Fat Albert Show and Sesame Street Pre-Social Media. Black People Open Forum 1
KingSango Black People : Our time and the show down against White Supremacy. Black People Open Forum 0