Amun-Ra : New Threat?

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
In the continuing sex wars between black males and black females, a new interloper is on the scene; and, so far, has escaped the wrath usually heaped upon white women. She comes in a variety of colors, often has a broad nose and thick lips and as a rule doesn’t have blue, grey, or green eyes; neither does she have blonde hair.

Enter the Asian woman. These women with dark, straight hair don’t have the Eurocentric looks that are passed off as the model for beautiful women.

"In most societies the scale of female desirability is primarily determined by what the men as a group perceive as most feminine or most attractive. Note that the word is ‘feminine’ rather than ‘beautiful.’ Some reports say Asian women are considered petite by most American men and are therefore perceived as more feminine than ‘white,’ ‘Latino,’ or ‘black’ women.”

It may come as a surprise to some African American women that “white” women have dropped to second place on the attractiveness scale among men in general. Asian women are showing up in rap videos, television and movies more frequently. Hollywood actresses such as Lucy Liu, Joan Chen, and Kelly Hu are getting roles once reserved for blacks.

Now, new studies show that that the most marriageable women in the United States today are “Asian” not Euro-American.” Is this a new competitor for black men? Yes. Are more black men dating and marrying Asian women? Yes. Why? Who knows, but as this trend moves forward, it brings into question that standard argument that Afro-American women are victims of the “Eurocentric” beauty standard.

So, what accounts for Asian women being perceived as the most feminine and African American women being perceived as least feminine and therefore least attractive? Most of it has to do with stereotypes reinforced by the media, but this does not account for the boost for women of Asian descent. Unfortunately, outside of the black community the black female most men are familiar with is the caricatures portrayed by African-American women in films and on television.

What other men see, are the black women who appear all too often as guests on the “The Jerry Springer Show;” and, the image projected is that of an in-your-face, hostile, neck undulating, head bobbing, finger pointing woman with insatiable sexual desires. It is the stereotypical “Sapphire” image we have long tried to dispel.

Obviously, these women are not representative of the entire black community, but there seems to be no outcry from African American women who don’t fit this stereotype. Nevertheless, large amounts of men, including black men, are “turned off” by crass sexuality, materially grasping and vulgarity. Sadly, we constantly reinforce this image; in rap videos and the roles we play in movies and television. Actors need to work, but the images on the silver screen and television screen leave lasting impressions and the impressions about black women are generally less than uplifting.

How big a role does the media play in this portrayal of black femininity? Clearly, it is nearly over powering, but not all of it is hype. The black community itself perpetuates these stereotypes by not saying anything. So, the next time we pick up a stone to throw at the “white woman” who are “stealing” our men we should be aware that we might be aiming at the wrong person. Who is the right person? Not being one to cast stones, I can’t say, but it would seem that a few boulders might fall in the black community.

Ra

:confused:

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
One of Those Subjects

Writing this required careful thought because I wanted it to be clear that I was not picking on anyone. This is a piece of reporting--I am the messenger. This information is available in a lot of places. All I did, was bring it together as one piece and report it.

Ra

;)

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
indeed i feel ya the report show much display of thruth

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Touchy

It is always a touchy situation delaing with things that in some way may denigrate or marginalize the black community, especially when it comes to men and women and their perceptions of each other without risking the wrath of one or the other group. Still, it is interesting information. As an observer of people, it is not news about Asian women becoming more popular in the United States, but I was surprised at the femininity aspect. That is something I never gave much thought, but I guess it is something men consider in choosing a mate, just as a woman might also make masculinity a factor is choosing a mate. It is oneof those things that is not articulated well because like beauty, it is subjective. What I know of Asian women is largely what I have read or seen. I've only had one intimate relationship with an Asian women in my life and it was largely isolated, so I can't really draw anything from it in terms of all Asian women's femininity. I suspect that like any other group, there are winners, losers and whole bunch of in-betweens. Still, it makes me curious. Is it a fad? A new trend? Or, is it the opening of new opportunities for black men and women? I don't know, but it is interesting, especially considering how the European standard has held sway in the United States for so long. Is it a changing of the guard as white people become the minority? Or is it just an anomoly, an errrant blip on the social radar?

:confused:

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

We want to make this website the last destination for people who wish to the right product for their needs. Regardless of whether it be a new gaming keyboard, baby product, trendy fashion, monitors and or workstation gadgets, you will consider our unbiased reviews on only beasts.com the essential guide to understanding your choices.
https://only-beasts.com
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.