Haiti : New Forum - Haiti - Our First 'Country' Forum Ever!

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Haiti has her own forum! :toast: :toast: :toast:

I know so little about her, so please share all you can!

I'll be moving existing "Haiti" threads to this forum, as i run across them.

I've just learned the following from Brother Shikamaru's Foundational Constitutional Law Thread

Out of the hundreds of revolutions that occurred in the Americas, only TWO were successful in establishing permanent political independence:

1. The American Revolution and ...

2. The Haitian Revolution

Don't expect your public school history class to teach you that :D.

The US benefited indirectly from the Haitian Revolution by way of the Louisiana Purchase from France.

The Haitian Revolution shook the European world including the US.

The antebellum South was particularly concerned .... their "property" might get ideas ....

So please do add on ... start as many threads as you'd like ... about Haiti!

Thank You Family!

:heart:

Destee

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

SeekingMaat

Oct 16, 2003
London, Babylon
Great idea SiStar Destee, as we have a world-story to tell :) and Haiti's story should be known by all.

htp

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Destee Food Discussion : Testing Posting Links in Food Discussion Forum Food Discussion and Recipes 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Former AG Lynch returns to Harvard for black policy forum Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Destee Africa : Every Country in Africa Has a Forum! All Things Africa 6
nilevalley The Front Porch : Happy New Year to all Destee forum members. I hope all your dreams come true! The Front Porch 0
Destee Higher Standard Required : Adult Content is Not Allowed - Except in Private NSFW Forum Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 5
Destee Site News : Your Reported Possible Violations Forum Announcements 5
D The Front Porch : Hello everyone, I am please to be a part of this forum The Front Porch 4
chuck Health and Wellness : We Need A Health And Wellness Forum Here Too Black Health and Wellness 6
Destee Steals and Deals : New Forum - Steals and Deals! Shopping - Steals and Deals! 2
Destee Premium Members Only : Created New - "WARNING - NSFW" - Forum Premium Members Only 1
R Black People : I MUST think like YOU, or I'm doomed on this forum. Black People Open Forum 24
SuperCerebralgal The Front Porch : Nice to Meet You ALL, Destee forum!! The Front Porch 7
cherryblossom Violaters / Violations : Entering the Christianity Forum to Mock/Belittle Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 13
Angela22 Support : A suggested sub-forum maybe? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 5
DarkOneSun Destee Network : DarkOneSun.NET Forum Destee Network : 12
Sagittarian Mind Black Astrology : Reviving This Forum Black Astrology 16
Destee Ghana : New Countries Category - with - New Ghana Forum! Ghana 2
KaHotep The Front Porch : This is for the South Carolina folks incoming...(I posted this in the wrong forum). The Front Porch 21
D The Front Porch : New to the forum The Front Porch 5
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : ReTurn 2 Forum Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
dunwiddat Black People : What about plans for a Hobbies/ Arts and Craft Forum Black People Open Forum 0
cherryblossom Black Events : 100 Black Men of L.I. Small Business Forum Black Events 0
Destee Higher Standard Required : Want Mature / Sexual / Grown Folk Discussion Threads? - Only in Premium Member Private Forum Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 14
thePreacher Black Spirituality Religion : Posts Moved From Christianity Study Group Forum Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
legit-writer Pets / Animals : perhaps we should get a pet forum Pets / Animals 24
noor100 Black People : So Called Unity and Love talk on this forum is a joke Black People Open Forum 39
Destee Black People Politics : New Forum - Black People Politics !!! Black People Politics 3
ManicRaider Black Atheists : Will we ever have a forum for atheists? Atheist Study Group 26
noor100 Violaters / Violations : Islamic Study Forum Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 0
M The Front Porch : Hi From Forum Reader iPhone App The Front Porch 2
cherryblossom Violaters / Violations : Christianity Study Forum Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 3
SondraHuxtable The Front Porch : A Forum For Black Women? The Front Porch 2
pamelab The Front Porch : Introduction on to forum - Know of any Yoruba practitioners in Louisiana? The Front Porch 16
N Black People : I Have a Problem With This Black Community Forum Black People Open Forum 2
cherryblossom Support : Christianity Study Forum versus Black Spirituality Forum Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 17
trip4eric Support : Can a how to forum be created? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 0
MsInterpret Black People : How to Behave on An Internet Forum Black People Open Forum 19
Dre Money Support : Post New Thread Button From Forum Home Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 18
Dre Money Support : Wrong Forum Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 4
Destee The Front Porch : First Birthday Game - Share a Forum Game - Win a Year of Premium Membership! The Front Porch 21
Proverbs31Woman Support : What is a Real Man thread moved from the Christianity Study Forum to the Brothers Forum?? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 7
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Mr. A**hat Forum Troll Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
MsInterpret Where am I supposed to curse at??? Where is the adult forum? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 2
Destee Premium Members Only : New Forum Categories - Any Suggestions Premium Members Only 6
Destee Premium Members Only : New ADULT FORUM - Premium Members Only Premium Members Only 2
Destee Forum Shutting Down for Maintenance @ 12 am ET Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 3
I Black People : This forum needs a new rule - please Black People Open Forum 4
Ankhur Black People : News about the Detroit US Social Forum Black People Open Forum 8
C Black People : Anyone see the Measuring the Movement Forum? Black People Open Forum 4
Destee Higher Standard Required : Violations Will Be Moved to Violations Forum Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 1