Gun Ownership : Negroes with Guns

Radical Faith

Dec 3, 2003
North Carolina
Occupation
Operations Manager
milgentleman said:
Both of these organizations have tried to involve themselves in positive endeavors.They were crushed by the US government.

CVL inc of rthe 60s and 21st century V.O.T.E were legitimate efforts by VLs and GDs to really initiate a positive change in our communities.I see some of us have joined the powers that be in demonizing these groups.Funny how some of us show respect to the same nation that enslaved us,yet we will act as if organizations of black youth can ''do no good'' or ''once negative can never go positive''.

Anytime you have masses of unemployment,there will be drug dealing,and the powers that be know this.Its not the organizations that are the problem,its the lack of jobs in our community.You cant have 50,60,70% of black males jobless and expect any kind of peace.

Again I don't make a habit of responding to thread by banned people but there is someone out there that may have these same sentiments and I must squash this nonsense. My first question is how can a group with the word "Vice" or "Gangster" in it's name be expected to taking seriously when it comes to positive change in the community? If they are it's about time. How many brothers and sisters lost their live for nothing and how lives were ruined because of the activities of these groups. The carnage goes all the way back to the 60's..That's over 40 years of self destruction and mind warping and they are suppose to get a pass and all is forgiven? These were not the Black Panthers, the Deacons for Defense or the Nation of Islam. These groups were quite the opposite. They have a long way to go to make up for the damage they have caused. This is pure nonsense. Kill the names, form a new youth organization and never forget the past... Then maybe...

Peace....

Mayn

Banned
Apr 27, 2006
From the time of my youth, I have been keenly aware and involved in what was happening in the Black community and I've also been knowledgeable about the role white supremacy plays in our lives.

I've been hearing much of what I read on this site for 25 years. From all I'm still hearing and reading, things have gotten much worse for Black men, in particular.

Also, millions of people have read and heard these same words, but things continue to get worse for Black males.

If we can accept that white supremacy is not going to change, and we can't change it, then we must also realize that Black people MUST radically change. Many of us can do this. Many of us must be willing to do some things drastically different because we're in a drastic situation. Some of these things may take us out of our comfort zones, but how comfortable are any of us now anyway?

oldiesman

Feb 9, 2006
negro's with guns...

heck if you live in da hood it's easier to get a gun than a sandwich,the problem arises when kids get thier hands on those guns,back in the day we not only knew that the oldfolks had a gun in the house but also knew where it was,but if you valued the skin on your butt you had better not touch it,having a gun is an awsome responsibility and it's taken far too lightly today,i don't want one in the house cause i know that if some fool were to come up in there it ain't gonna go well,for them.

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
I don't need one either, cause I might start getting a flash back and think that the money that's in the bank is mines again.

Blaklioness

Oct 30, 2005
Mayn said:
From the time of my youth, I have been keenly aware and involved in what was happening in the Black community and I've also been knowledgeable about the role white supremacy plays in our lives.

I've been hearing much of what I read on this site for 25 years. From all I'm still hearing and reading, things have gotten much worse for Black men, in particular.

Also, millions of people have read and heard these same words, but things continue to get worse for Black males.

If we can accept that white supremacy is not going to change, and we can't change it, then we must also realize that Black people MUST radically change. Many of us can do this. Many of us must be willing to do some things drastically different because we're in a drastic situation. Some of these things may take us out of our comfort zones, but how comfortable are any of us now anyway?

Hi Mayn! If white supremacy will never change....in what way(s) must we radically change that would make any difference? I mean what exactly must we do to move beyond that "comfort zone"? Thanks for sharing.

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
If White Supremacy will not change, the duty of every black person born or living who has any degree of consciousness at all, must be geared in the direction of destroying "white supremacy" and those who are willing to fight to keep it alive. That which will not change must be destroyed if its existence is destroying others.

Mayn

Banned
Apr 27, 2006
Blaklioness said:
Hi Mayn! If white supremacy will never change....in what way(s) must we radically change that would make any difference? I mean what exactly must we do to move beyond that "comfort zone"? Thanks for sharing.
Well, Sis, I've generated ideas about this over the years and I always try to operationalize my best ideas because ideas need to be discussed with trusted others and then tested with actual people to determine whether they're any good off paper.

Anyway, I hit upon something a few years ago that has lots of potential. I put it into operation locally and the results were truly inspiring. I saw then and there that if the kinks were worked out and put into operation on a large scale, while maintaining its integrity, it would result in a shift that could move our people to the next level. The beauty of this idea is that it wouldn't need money; what it needs are maybe 3 dozen captains at the helm steering it. I've been on a search since then for the last 5-1/2 years for these right people.

I will not talk about this openly because to do so could severely weaken the potential of it. This is just one of the things that might sound drastic to some, but is really not drastic when you consider our situation.

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
First we need to do an examination on what "the lack of a gun has done for us historically". If we had them a while ago, do you really think our people would have been here in chains? It certainly helped Harriet Tubman. look at the Palestinians...throwing rocks while the Jews shoot them down. We may want to assess this a lot deeper than how it is presented.

If you got a 45 and I got a 45 we are willing to talk it over somewhat, but if you got one and I don't, you ain't really trying to hear anything I got to say...cause you got the power! This is the same reason why countries with nuclear power or bombs don't push it but so far in terms of beefing. They each know that the other country got what they got...so it really becomes a stalemate.

I would rather be in a stalemate than to have someone just snatch my King, destroy my Queen and just run over the chess board as they please...which is basically what has happened to us as a people. So the real question becomes, "should we as a people continue to allow the powers that be, continue to be the powers that be, in the fashion that they have been being? My answer is NO! Where's my Magnum at??
I read this and it cracked me up laughing!! :lol: :lol: Bro. Keita, you do have a way with words and I'm with you when you're right!! :uzi:

I chose to revisit this section in view of Bro. Khasm's thread about President Obama possibly needing a body double due to a what was thought as a sense of danger for his life.

This is an old thread and it's interesting to come back and see how people were thinking, including myself, 6 years ago when I started this thread. I'll be honest, I don't particularly like guns, but the world is a much different place now...where violence has intensified, and people are more inclined to express their dislike and even hatred for others.

But I'm not much of a fan of the 'nonviolent' movement either. It didn't make sense to me back in the days of MLK and it definitely doesn't now. I mean, I understand the principle of the idea, it's an honorable concept, but in reality, I just don't think you're going to talk someone out of killing you, trying to spread love and light, when they hate you and are pointing a gun to your head and ready to pull the trigger.

Oh well, new day, same ole BS!

Live Sunday 12 Noon ET!

Brother OldSoul - Consciousness Raising Online

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: