Gun Ownership : Negroes with Guns

karmashines

Banned
MEMBER
Feb 26, 2005
2,578
19
milgentleman said:
This type of mentality has been harmful to blacks (showing compassion for our enemies and/or suggesting that we leave ourselves unarmed in a nation full of people that hate us).I have to question the sanity of any black person that disagrees with us arming ourselves for protection.With these type of people prevalent in our community,it is no wonder we are at the bottom of the barrel socially.Im sure white supremicist groups and militias,racist police officers,and others that hate us love these types of black people.If left up to them,we could be slaughtered at any time with no way of fighting back.


Weapons are nessecery for the defense of any people.You cant defend yourself with a bible
Well, me personally I don't go around "questioning any black person that disagrees" level of sanity, unless a mental health professional (which has to be black in this case), has certified them to be insane.

Regardless, I agree that guns should be used for SAFETY and SELF-DEFENSE only. As a non-revolutionary, I have them in my home for these purposes, so I definitely COULDN'T JUDGE any organization that endorses their possession.
 

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
5,636
3,333
First we need to do an examination on what "the lack of a gun has done for us historically". If we had them a while ago, do you really think our people would have been here in chains? It certainly helped Harriet Tubman. look at the Palestinians...throwing rocks while the Jews shoot them down. We may want to assess this a lot deeper than how it is presented.

If you got a 45 and I got a 45 we are willing to talk it over somewhat, but if you got one and I don't, you ain't really trying to hear anything I got to say...cause you got the power! This is the same reason why countries with nuclear power or bombs don't push it but so far in terms of beefing. They each know that the other country got what they got...so it really becomes a stalemate.

I would rather be in a stalemate than to have someone just snatch my King, destroy my Queen and just run over the chess board as they please...which is basically what has happened to us as a people. So the real question becomes, "should we as a people continue to allow the powers that be, continue to be the powers that be, in the fashion that they have been being? My answer is NO! Where's my Magnum at??
 

Therious

Banned
MEMBER
Feb 22, 2004
4,095
1,286
how does one get around gun laws since they have passed laws stating felons cant own guns or is the felony law simply pertaining to a concealed hand gun?

we should discuss gun laws, you do not need papers on your weapons of they are in your home correct? can felons own shotguns, rifles, or machine guns?

should blacks have some type of explosive weapons grenades ect as well?
 

karmashines

Banned
MEMBER
Feb 26, 2005
2,578
19
Keita said:
First we need to do an examination on what "the lack of a gun has done for us historically". If we had them a while ago, do you really think our people would have been here in chains? It certainly helped Harriet Tubman. look at the Palestinians...throwing rocks while the Jews shoot them down. We may want to assess this a lot deeper than how it is presented.

If you got a 45 and I got a 45 we are willing to talk it over somewhat, but if you got one and I don't, you ain't really trying to hear anything I got to say...cause you got the power! This is the same reason why countries with nuclear power or bombs don't push it but so far in terms of beefing. They each know that the other country got what they got...so it really becomes a stalemate.

I would rather be in a stalemate than to have someone just snatch my King, destroy my Queen and just run over the chess board as they please...which is basically what has happened to us as a people. So the real question becomes, "should we as a people continue to allow the powers that be, continue to be the powers that be, in the fashion that they have been being? My answer is NO! Where's my Magnum at??
In your opinion, to what degree should black people and organizations protect themselves?
 

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
7,042
1,770
To own/possess a gun is one thing. Knowing how to use and maintain them is another. Guns are made for one thing and one thing only. They are not toys which is why I don't like the fact that they are sold as such to children. It has no multi-purpose like a knife. In a world where violence is a way of life, yes, people need to be able to protect themselves from known enemies as well as "friendly fire", people who shoot you without intending to.

For people who own guns, how often do you go to target practice? How often do you clean it to make sure it's in good working condition? Where do you store it? A gun can give you a (false?) sense of security whether you're carrying it or have it in the home. How big of a gun do you need in order to feel "safe"? What's your philosophy in terms of using a gun? Are you quick to go for it when you feel you may be in danger or do you do something else first?

For those who choose not to own a gun for whatever your reasons might be, if you or your family was in a life threatening situation and you can't dial 911 for help, what would you do to defend yourself?
 

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
5,636
3,333
Didn't Malcolm say: By any means necessary ? To what degree do you think you should protect yourself or your family? Come on, get real here!!! In other words, "Is There A Point That You Won't Go To Protect Yourself Or Your Family"???
 

milgentleman

Banned
MEMBER
Apr 28, 2006
31
2
karmashines said:
Well, me personally I don't go around "questioning any black person that disagrees" level of sanity, unless a mental health professional (which has to be black in this case), has certified them to be insane.
Any black person who even suggests that we leave ourselves unarmed in this violent world has to have some sort of mental defect.As I type this,there are militias of racists training and preparing for a racial war.

WHo else can we depend on to protect us?the police?the US government?
 

MississippiRed

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Aug 11, 2004
1,307
33
NNQueen said:
To own/possess a gun is one thing. Knowing how to use and maintain them is another. Guns are made for one thing and one thing only. They are not toys which is why I don't like the fact that they are sold as such to children. It has no multi-purpose like a knife. In a world where violence is a way of life, yes, people need to be able to protect themselves from known enemies as well as "friendly fire", people who shoot you without intending to.

For people who own guns, how often do you go to target practice? How often do you clean it to make sure it's in good working condition? Where do you store it? A gun can give you a (false?) sense of security whether you're carrying it or have it in the home. How big of a gun do you need in order to feel "safe"? What's your philosophy in terms of using a gun? Are you quick to go for it when you feel you may be in danger or do you do something else first?

For those who choose not to own a gun for whatever your reasons might be, if you or your family was in a life threatening situation and you can't dial 911 for help, what would you do to defend yourself?


Alright on gun ownership........if you can't clean and fix your guns you're just as lost as not having one.....you should know it in and out be able to take it almost completely apart and put it back together again....


you have to spend a lot of time at the range and at home learning the gun or guns you have learn control, trigger pull,where your gun hits with different ammo because some guns are ammo sensitive....I'm at the range 2 to 3 times a month and at home I do dry firing exercises....also shooting at the range only gets you accurate in a perfect environment you should take defensive shooting courses they teach you how to shoot in a combat environment employing differing tactics and weapons and at differing ranges.....

Know the right weapon for your application different calibers and bullet types have differing characteristics which depending on your situation and application can make it either a good or poor choice.....

There's a lot more to defensive shooting than just picking up your piece and popping it's not that easy at all especially if you are in a stressful situation, have an intruder in your place but don't know where your loved ones are in relation to his and your position

Therious no to my understanding felons can't legally own guns but some things concerning gun ownership are federal law and some are state law you have to check to see.....

I use what I have for hunting, recreational shooting and if necessary defense I've been around and handling guns since I was 7 and Queen is right they are not toys even though a lot of people treat them as such..I do let my kids have toy guns though...that's the first steps to teaching them gun safety in a perfectly safe environment....as they mature and show me what I want to see they can start handling the real thing.....I'm in the process of getting a nice little rifle that they are going to share and start shooting this summer.....

They're not for everyone but when the stuff hits the fan and there's nobody to help what are you going to do personally I'm not depending on somebody else to come and save me and mine I'm doing what's necessary..

MississippiRed
 

karmashines

Banned
MEMBER
Feb 26, 2005
2,578
19
milgentleman said:
Any black person who even suggests that we leave ourselves unarmed in this violent world has to have some sort of mental defect.As I type this,there are militias of racists training and preparing for a racial war.

WHo else can we depend on to protect us?the police?the US government?
I don't think that's what some of those who decide to not get a gun are saying.

Yes, it makes sense to get a gun for protection. But you do realize that having a gun in and of itself is not a cureall, right? You do realize that it's possible for people to use the gun to KILL people who aren't threatening their safety, correct? What are your suggestions to make sure people use the guns with safety and wisdom, especially with kids in the house?

And do you think that each person has a different level of safety within their own neighborhoods, whether they have to be all or mostly black or whatever? I live in a relatively safe neighborhood with little crime... the LIKILIHOOD of someone breaking in is low. But being a military family, we still have them.

Now, if the context is what we need AS A PEOPLE for a NATION, that's different. Individuals may not see an immediate need for guns, but most nations do along with other weapons. The weapons in and of themselves (on either level) aren't bad... it's when you use them irresponsibly that is. And on an ORGANIZATIONAL level, people should know blatently broadcasting their arsenals is going to call negative attention to themselves.
 

milgentleman

Banned
MEMBER
Apr 28, 2006
31
2
karmashines said:
I don't think that's what some of those who decide to not get a gun are saying.

Yes, it makes sense to get a gun for protection. But you do realize that having a gun in and of itself is not a cureall, right? You do realize that it's possible for people to use the gun to KILL people who aren't threatening their safety, correct? What are your suggestions to make sure people use the guns with safety and wisdom, especially with kids in the house?

And do you think that each person has a different level of safety within their own neighborhoods, whether they have to be all or mostly black or whatever? I live in a relatively safe neighborhood with little crime... the LIKILIHOOD of someone breaking in is low. But being a military family, we still have them.

Now, if the context is what we need AS A PEOPLE for a NATION, that's different. Individuals may not see an immediate need for guns, but most nations do along with other weapons. The weapons in and of themselves (on either level) aren't bad... it's when you use them irresponsibly that is. And on an ORGANIZATIONAL level, people should know blatently broadcasting their arsenals is going to call negative attention to themselves.
The guy said something to the effect of ''even when defending yourself a life is taken'',as if we should value the life of an enemy.Im sickened by this type of thinking,and there are ALOT of black people that think this way.Some would save the life of a Ku Klux Klansmen thinking they are ''doing what Jesus would have done''.Honestly I HATE these types of black people.They would let an oppressor live to continue making our lives a living hell and actually think they are ''right'' for doing so.

None of us here have advocated using weapons in any situation besides self defense,and the guy still said he ''disagreed'' with us needing weapons to protect ourselves.We should just leave it up to ''Jesus'' to protect us against our many enemies huh?


I believe this sheep mentality has been encouraged within us by the white majority (notice how MLK is put out as ''the'' black leader,why not Malcolm or Nat Turner?why not Harriet Tubman?).
 

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Top