Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Is it possible to incorporate biblical understanding into politics family?

They argue that cutting benefit programs and cutting tax breaks for low- and middle-income families violates Jesus Christ's teaching to care for those with the least. It's running into another school of Christian thought followed by many Southern conservatives: The best way to help the poor is through private charity, providing jobs and promoting self-reliance, rather than government programs.

NC protests split on Bible's message to help poor

By CHRIS KARDISH | Associated Press – 24 mins ago

97604b7992187c13340f6a706700315f.jpg

Associated Press/The News & Observer, Travis Long - A member of the clergy is among dozens of demonstrators arrested during an act of civil disobedience opposing the Republican legislature's agenda Monday, June 10, 2013, at the North Carolina State Legislative Building in Raleigh, N.C. More than 350 people have been arrested since "Moral Monday" demonstrations started on April 29. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and a growing number of left-leaning groups are lashing out at a host of GOP policies ranging from education to voting rights. (AP Photo/The News & Observer, Travis Long)

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Over the last two months, hundreds of protesters have walked out of North Carolina's capitol in handcuffs to show their opposition to policies by the GOP-controlledLegislature.

While a broader coalition of supporters is building around the "Moral Mondays" started by the state chapter of the NAACP, the inspiration behind the protests is a throwback to the biblical message of civil rights leaders fighting segregation in the Jim Crow era.
http://news.yahoo.com/nc-protests-split-bibles-message-help-poor-161430742.html

Peace In,

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009

Associated Press/The News & Observer, Travis Long - A member of the clergy is among dozens of demonstrators arrested during an act of civil disobedience opposing the Republican legislature's agenda Monday, June 10, 2013, at the North Carolina State Legislative Building in Raleigh, N.C. More than 350 people have been arrested since "Moral Monday" demonstrations started on April 29. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and a growing number of left-leaning groups are lashing out at a host of GOP policies ranging from education to voting rights. (AP Photo/The News & Observer, Travis Long)

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Over the last two months, hundreds of protesters have walked out of North Carolina's capitol in handcuffs to show their opposition to policies by the GOP-controlledLegislature.

While a broader coalition of supporters is building around the "Moral Mondays" started by the state chapter of the NAACP, the inspiration behind the protests is a throwback to the biblical message of civil rights leaders fighting segregation in the Jim Crow era.

Peace In,

I'm so glad you posted this thread. I'm following the news and they just deomostrated again a few days ago about an abortion bill. I'm coming back to this thread.

I've been crazy busy this spring and summer. One of my sons just graduated from college and he is running me ragged.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I'm so glad you posted this thread. I'm following the news and they just deomostrated again a few days ago about an abortion bill. I'm coming back to this thread.

I've been crazy busy this spring and summer. One of my sons just graduated from college and he is running me ragged.

Congratulations Chevron, it's quite an accomplishment, hats off to you and yours. Return when you can, your son's graduation is far more important.

In the Spirit of Sankofa, Peace In

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.

Peace In,

This just goes to show you about all of the Rep. that invoke the bible, and recite quotes from it are hypocrites. The very people that has put this brutha in cuffs, will sit up in church Sunday and praise god and his teachings. The very teachings they are putting people in jail for trying to uphold them.

Peace!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Charles Thompson Black People : What do think about those ongoing protests to ousher in civilian rule and democracy currently in the African nation of the Sudan? Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Liberia : Liberia's Weah faces key test with protests over economy Liberia 4
nilevalley Black People Politics : On this day of nationwide protests over mexican children being separated from their families ... Black People Politics 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Saints season-ticket holder suing team; wants refund after player protests of national anthem Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Destee Africa : African Nations Increasingly Silence Internet to Stem Protests All Things Africa 1
chuck Black People Politics : Please do feel feel to share your thoughts about this nation's ongoing protests etc Black People Politics 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Republican Legislators Propose a Series of Bills That Would Criminalize Peaceful Protests Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Your guide to post-inauguration demonstrations, marches and protests - March For Our Lives Black People Politics 65
Liberty Black Education / Schools : Protests Erupt During Senate Debate Featuring David Duke Black Education / Schools 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : U.S. inmates strike in what activists call one of the biggest prison protests in modern history Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
J The Front Porch : Armed ‘White Lives Matter’ Group Protests at NAACP in Houston The Front Porch 13
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : violent-protests-erupt-in-milwaukee-after-police-fatally-shoot-suspect Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 11
chuck Black Poetry : What Are You Feeling And Thinking About The Black Lives Matter Rallies And Protests Today ?? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Dear CEOs, Those Campus Racism Protests May Be Coming to Your Office Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Report: Spike Lee creating ESPN digital short about Mizzou protests Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Ethiopia : Oromo Protests: Why Ethiopia's Largest Ethnic Group Is Demonstrating Ethiopia 29
Liberty Law Forum : Protests erupt after black man shot by police in Minneapolis Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Clinton faces protests as she courts black voters Black People Politics 4
Black Phoenix South Africa : Pharrell Braces for Protests During South African Tour South Africa 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Ferguson Issues and Post-Michael Brown Movement (BLM) - Protests Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 858
RAPTOR The Police : Armed w/ Military-Grade Weapons, Missouri Police Crack Down on Protests over Michael Brown Shooting Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Kadijah Black People Politics : Race resurfaces in conservative protests against Obama Black People Politics 3
Gorilla Black People : BBC - Mass protests planned over web NSA spying revelations Black People Open Forum 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Will Non Violent Protests be categorized as "Civil Disturbances"??? Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People Politics : No Comments On Growing Anti American Protests Around The Globe? Black People Politics 19
Destee Black People : London 2012: protests mount over denial of accreditation to The Voice Black People Open Forum 1
Destee Black People : Trayvon Martin protests: What of the other young black males lost to violence? Black People Open Forum 15
Ankhur Black People : People's Protests Globally, Even China, but not in Our part of Africa (!?) Black People Open Forum 1
river Black People Politics : Obama Compares Occupy Wall Street Protests to the Tea Baggers Black People Politics 4
Ankhur Black People : Are there Protests in Africa, we Are Not hearing About?? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Indegenous People's of the Earth Protests at the Cancun Climate summit Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Mozambique : Has Commodities Trading Caused the food protests in Mozambique? Mozambique 1
B Black People : Nationwide protests confront diamond industry Black People Open Forum 0
D Africa : University photo exhibit of nude African girls provokes protests All Things Africa 0
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Immigration Protests :"We Are America" Omowale Jabali 176
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : LAURENCE FISHBURNE AND GINA TORRES SPLIT!!!! Black Entertainment 12
Ankhur Black People : Charles Barron running for gov will split the vote and Paladino wil win!!! Black People Open Forum 7
Destee Black People : Chicago Police Torture Victims Split $19.8 Mil. Black People Open Forum 1
K Black People : Black Leaders Split on Schiavo Case Black People Open Forum 3
alyce Black Poetry : Split Second (musings) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Energy Black Spirituality Religion : Don't Forget, The BIBLE is the ULTIMATE Black History book Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : ?Did Black Women Author The Bible? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Willie345 Black Spirituality Religion : "Jesus as the true God of the Bible" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Cory Corn Black Hebrew Israelites : Who are the Negros in the bible and the color of the people of the bible (WITH PICUTRES) **95% Scripts** Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
O The Front Porch : Bible made me do it! The Front Porch 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Texas mayor tells council member women can’t pray at city meetings because Bible forbids it Christian Study Group 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Is the coronavirus in Bible prophecy? Pastor David Jeremiah answers Christian Study Group 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Stolen 400-year-old Bible from Pittsburgh's Carnegie Library recovered in Netherlands Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : The Wicked Bible Christian Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : World famous Dead Sea Scrolls at Museum of the Bible 'are fake' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1