Black People : Native activist Means has inoperable cancer

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
PORCUPINE, S.D. – Russell Means, a former American Indian Movement activist who led the 1973 uprising at Wounded Knee, says he has inoperable throat cancer.
The 71-year-old said doctors told him the cancer was too advanced for surgery, the Rapid City Journal reported.
Means, who is also an actor known for his role in “The Last of the Mohicans,” said he would not have chosen surgery anyway because it would have meant the removal of his tongue and his ability to speak.
Means is forgoing mainstream medical treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy, saying that being fed through a tube and being confined to a wheelchair by extreme fatigue are “unacceptable options.”
“I’m not going to hang on to life under those conditions,” he said. “No way am I going to hang on for that.”
Means said he’ll turn to alternative treatments and traditional American Indian remedies. Herbal teas and other plants with cancer-fighting properties have come to him from tribes in Guadalajara, Mexico, and the Ojibwe tribe in Minnesota, he said. He is also receiving cancer treatments approved in Europe and Canada but not in the United States at an alternative cancer center in Arizona.
He knows his prognosis isn’t good but said he is at peace with the possibility that he might die.
“I’m not going to argue with the Great Mystery,” he said. “Lakota belief is that death is a change of worlds. And I believe like my dad believed; when it’s my time to go, it’s my time to go.”
Means said he feels his most important accomplishment is the founding of the Republic of Lakotah and the “re-establishment of our freedom to be responsible” as a sovereign nation inside the borders of the United States.
His efforts to have his proposed country recognized by the international community continue at the United Nations, he said, even as it is ignored by tribal governments closer to home, including his own Oglala Sioux Tribe.
In 1975, murder charges were filed in state court against Means and Dick Marshall, an AIM member, in the shooting death of Martin Montileaux of Kyle at the Longbranch Saloon in Scenic. Marshall served 24 years in prison. Means was acquitted.
Means ran unsuccessfully for the Libertarian nomination for president in 1988.

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
PORCUPINE, S.D. – Russell Means, a former American Indian Movement activist who led the 1973 uprising at Wounded Knee, says he has inoperable throat cancer.
The 71-year-old said doctors told him the cancer was too advanced for surgery, the Rapid City Journal reported.
Means, who is also an actor known for his role in “The Last of the Mohicans,” said he would not have chosen surgery anyway because it would have meant the removal of his tongue and his ability to speak.
Means is forgoing mainstream medical treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy, saying that being fed through a tube and being confined to a wheelchair by extreme fatigue are “unacceptable options.”
“I’m not going to hang on to life under those conditions,” he said. “No way am I going to hang on for that.”
Means said he’ll turn to alternative treatments and traditional American Indian remedies. Herbal teas and other plants with cancer-fighting properties have come to him from tribes in Guadalajara, Mexico, and the Ojibwe tribe in Minnesota, he said. He is also receiving cancer treatments approved in Europe and Canada but not in the United States at an alternative cancer center in Arizona.
He knows his prognosis isn’t good but said he is at peace with the possibility that he might die.
“I’m not going to argue with the Great Mystery,” he said. “Lakota belief is that death is a change of worlds. And I believe like my dad believed; when it’s my time to go, it’s my time to go.”
Means said he feels his most important accomplishment is the founding of the Republic of Lakotah and the “re-establishment of our freedom to be responsible” as a sovereign nation inside the borders of the United States.
His efforts to have his proposed country recognized by the international community continue at the United Nations, he said, even as it is ignored by tribal governments closer to home, including his own Oglala Sioux Tribe.
In 1975, murder charges were filed in state court against Means and Dick Marshall, an AIM member, in the shooting death of Martin Montileaux of Kyle at the Longbranch Saloon in Scenic. Marshall served 24 years in prison. Means was acquitted.
Means ran unsuccessfully for the Libertarian nomination for president in 1988.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/331020/

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
geronimobandmagnet3.jpg

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns

I am sure that Tiokasan Ghost Horse, of "First Voices" has told him to get in contact with Gary Null and his protocols, I pray his quick and steady recovery and remission

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Hamma Egypt : Native/indigenous New Zealanders or Maori may have come from Ancient Egypt according to Gerald Massey book! Egypt 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : The Day a Native American Tribe Drove the KKK Out of Town The North Carolina Klan thought burning crosses would scare the Lumbee tribe out of Robeson Black People Open Forum 1
nilevalley Black People : November 28th America calls it Thanksgiving Native America renamed it"The National Day Of Mourning" Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : 'Black Muslims' to blame for high school students' confrontation with Native American, mother claims Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Suspected MAGA bomber identified as ‘Native American Trump supporter’ Cesar Sayoc Black People Politics 7
chuck Black People Politics : Let's Do Share Our Thoughts About Those Native Resistors In North Dakota Too! Black People Politics 0
nilevalley Black People Politics : I often wonder how Native Americans feel when they hear Donald Trump call for constructing a wall. Black People Politics 17
gogounited Black People : Native Americans and Black People. Black People Open Forum 32
RAPTOR Black People : The Canary Effect:"The grim legacy of America's treatment of its native peoples" Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 African American History Culture : South Carolina Native's DNA Spans back 338K Years African American History Culture 0
Destee Black People : Do Native Americans / Indians celebrate Thanksgiving ? ... How do they observe this day? Black People Open Forum 36
Keita Kenyatta Black People : American Holocaust of Native American Indians (FULL Documentary) Black People Open Forum 0
Omowale Jabali Black Muslims : Native American Muslim Stories Islam Study Group 7
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Eurocentricity and the Rape of Black Native Cultures Omowale Jabali 136
H Black People : Afrocentricity and the Robbing of Native American Cultures Black People Open Forum 66
HODEE Black People : $50,000 or More...African American-Native American farmers and ranchers Black People Open Forum 0
B Black People : DARK-SKINNED Washutaw Muurs: Real Native Americans Black People Open Forum 67
Ankhur Black People : Native Canadians protest the G20 Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : The untold story of Native Americans catching hell from the oil spill Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Message from Native Americans to Chevron destroying the Amazon Black People Open Forum 0
I R.I.P. to native american freedom fighter Honoring Black Ancestors 2
river Black People : How the Native Americans got Their Reparations Black People Open Forum 10
I Black Spirituality Religion : Native american prophecies. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Metaverse Black People : NATIVE AMERICAN SLAVE MASTERS? Black People Open Forum 50
Knowledge Seed Black People : Black Native American Nations Black People Open Forum 7
naija-man Black People Politics : Native American President. Black People Politics 3
kemetkind Black People : If euros Owe Us Reparations, do we owe native americans? Black People Open Forum 49
OmowaleX The Louisiana Native Guard Honoring Black Ancestors 0
T Black People : Native American Sister tells the white people to there face how savage they are!! Black People Open Forum 15
D Ghana : Ghana native adopts African American children Ghana 14
anAfrican Black People : Purentee PNW Native! Black People Open Forum 0
SAMURAI36 Black Spirituality Religion : Native American Spiritual Devices Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
Destee Black People : THANKSGIVING - How Would You Feel If Native Americans Celebrated Slavery? Black People Open Forum 43
P Black People : Honoring Native Americans with Disrespect Black People Open Forum 3
P Black People : Native Groups Mourn on Thanksgiving Day Black People Open Forum 6
caramelpython Black Poetry : Native Desire Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
J Black Authors : book on links between black and native americans Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
J Pan Africanism : black and native american links black indians African American History Culture 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Ancestors : Lucille Bridges, mother of activist Ruby Bridges, dies at 86 Honoring Black Ancestors 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Lives Matter activist Hawk Newsome on the current state of America Black People Politics 0
Al D Africa : Somali Activist Killed In War Torn Country as Her Father Once Was All Things Africa 0
Al D Africa : Young Cameroon peace activist receives children’s award All Things Africa 0
Ndugu Black People : Activist and Actor , Danny Glover breaks down what is Really going on in Venezuela Black People Open Forum 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Activist minister Jacqui Lewis: White supremacy sometimes “masquerades as faith” in Christian church Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
IFE African American History Culture : Rosa Parks: The Anti-Rape Activist African American History Culture 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Eric Garner's activist daughter in coma after heart attack - RIP Erica Black People Open Forum 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : An Activist Group Created Powerful Walk of Fame Stars For Victims of Police Brutality Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : activist-leaps-to-grab-confederate-flag-during-protest Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Chidike Black People : Ferguson Activist/Black Nationalist Darren Seals Found Murdered Black People Open Forum 5