Black People Politics : NASCAR tracks ask fans not to fly Confederate flag

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
NASCAR's national series tracks announced Thursday that they are asking fans to refrain from displaying the Confederate flag at races following the deadly attack at a South Carolina church two weeks ago.

The facilities vowed to have the most "welcoming environments in all of sports and entertainment."

The statement was signed by International Speedway Corp. and Speedway Motorsports Inc. — which own most of the tracks in the Sprint Cup Series, stretching from Florida to New York to California — as well as 30 specific tracks. It also includes independent tracks such as Tony Stewart's Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio, Pocono Raceway and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

"We are asking our fans and partners to join us in a renewed effort to create an all-inclusive, even more welcoming atmosphere for all who attend our events," the statement read. "This will include the request to refrain from displaying the Confederate flag at our facilities and NASCAR events."

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/07/02/nascar-tracks-unite-ask-fans-not-to-fly-confederate-flag/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kemetstry Black Sports : Darrell Wallace Jr. - BROTHER WINS NASCAR RACE, A 1st Black Sports 1
R Black Sports : Black Racer qualifies for a Nascar Race after nearly 20 year. Black Sports 3
Isaiah Black People : SILENT THUNDER:BLACKS IN NASCAR RACING.. Black People Open Forum 25
cocobutterskyn Black Poetry : Tracks Of My Tears Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
D Black Jokes Humor : Tracks Black Jokes Humor 1
N Black Entertainment : Uploading tracks? Black Entertainment 2
M Black Poetry : Prevail in code bazaar like a railroad car roll down tracks Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Tracks of my tears of luv Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
M Black Entertainment : new Dungeon Fam tracks and video Black Entertainment 1
B Black People : IF YOU DON'T ASK/DEMAND, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE... Black People Open Forum 2
R Black Poetry : psychiatrist is an intense profession he ask lots of expensive question that a spouse at the house asks for free thats his line of work now see a gir Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
SkinTone The Front Porch : Ask me about KPI The Front Porch 4
R Black Poetry : He's hood made and get good grades wrote a girl a short letter with all sorts of clever love words ask for a date the task was great but he wanna smas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Why did Judas not ask Jesus for forgiveness for betraying Him, instead of committing suicide? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Jil The Front Porch : Hello Everyone! I have a favor to ask. The Front Porch 15
P Black Men : How to activate avg internet security?? Ask us 1800 828 0294 Black Men 1
nilevalley Black People : A white man who wrote and ask blacks not to trust his race a honest one at last! Black People Open Forum 4
R Black Poetry : oh no race at a slow pace but no lace time to go face a girl and ask for some, if i end up in a dumb Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Grateful woman gives her stepfather the greatest Christmas gift he could ask for Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Djedefre Black Money Business Jobs : I am a business owner, ask me anything about business or starting your own Black Money Business Jobs 1
chuck Black People Politics : Always Ask: Never Demand! Black People Politics 3
chuck Law Forum : Please Do Ask Them Why Our Lives Matter To Them!! Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Black Relationships : Ask Demetria Black Relationships 13
ManicRaider Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Fellow men: Can I ask my barber to not give me an edge up? Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton Should Ask for Black America's Forgiveness Before She Asks for its Vote Black People Politics 28
Destee Black Relationships : Girls are more forward - do not wait for the Boys to ask for the first date, etc. Black Relationships 3
ceebee Support : Computer Problems? Ask a question Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 32
OldSoul OldSoul : In Honor of His 90th (If you dont know who, you betta ask somebody!) OldSoul 0
coey30 Black Poetry : She Ask Me... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : The Four Tops - Just Ask The Lonely Black Entertainment 0
noor100 Black Muslims : Ask the Heart Islam Study Group 0
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : Abosom (Orisha, Vodou - Deities) Do Not Ask For Money Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : 9 questions about Syria you were too embarrassed to ask Black People Politics 4
SouthsideIrish Black People : any questions, just ask Black People Open Forum 21
A The Front Porch : Ask a white guy anything..... The Front Porch 236
Asomfwaa Black People : “If you offend, ask for a pardon; if offended forgive.” Black People Open Forum 123
sekou kasimu Support : Should i start another thread to ask a related question, i.e., should we smoke marijuana Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 22
ru2religious Black Relationships : Do you get what you ask for or secretly desire? Black Relationships 4
Honey1201 Higher Standard Required : Can Anyone Ask Questions in the Study Group Forums? Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 18
chuck Black Men : What Do We Ask Or Expect Of Our Young Black Brothers? Black Men 13
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Abuse Victims Ask Court to Prosecute the Vatican Black People Open Forum 3
chuck Black People : Sometimes We Don't Just Ask: We Demand Props! Black People Open Forum 7
P The Front Porch : :) any questions just ask. The Front Porch 6
Ankhur Black People : Washington Interested now in Burma..pardon, Myanmar? Ask Frank Lucas why!!! Black People Open Forum 1
legit-writer Black People : Questions the ask or the answers they give? Black People Open Forum 4
legit-writer Black Relationships : Allow Me to Ask it Differetly - For those who have cheated ... Black Relationships 17
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Raphael Saadiq - Ask Of You Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
K Black Relationships : Ok... so I just answered a question about polygamy and had to ask the women... Black Relationships 5
Precise Allah Nation of Gods and Earths : What you always wanted to know about Allah's Nation but were too afraid to ask. Nation of Gods and Earths Study Group 231
R Black Poetry : Ask Me Who I Am Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7