Black People : Names ... do you like your first name? Ever thought about changing it?

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I love my first name, and never thought about changing it. It's unique, and where ever I go, I'm the only one.

Peace!

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003

Flavia

Apr 5, 2014
A very grey city.
Occupation
Lazy person.
Hmmm....my name. Well, it doesn't really suits me, lol. The meaning of it. It means "with fair/blonde hair"....and I've became used that almost every time when I say my name the first question is "What kind of name is this?" or "What does it mean?". And to have a lot of people remembering me by a lot of other names, only my name not. Seriously, I've known a girl for two months, and one time she called me "Lorina". Also Laura, Lauren, Lavinia, Olivia...I have an entire list of names people end up calling me:))
Through, to be fair, my name has a quite funny history....it was decided long before I was even born. My father and a friend -they've studied together Roman Empire history decided one time at a party (have no idea if it was one of those uni parties with lots of beers, lol) that if either one of them will have a child, he will name her (if the child is a girl)- Flavia, and if the child is a boy- Flavius. Two children ended up with this names:)))))))

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RAPTOR Jails / Prisons : Striking GA Prisoners Name Names, Allege Sexual Abuse, Ongoing Threats, Maltreatment by Staff Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
river Black Spirituality Religion : I Don't Want to Name Names Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Oct 4, 2020 - Say their names - Black Women Killed by Police Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: On Prehistoric Names of Weapons Black People Politics 0
Perfection Pan-Africanism : In Context Series: Slave Names and Naming in Barbados, 1650-1830 Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
OldSoul Black People : We Honor 12 Black firefighters - Say their names aloud Black People Open Forum 0
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : [II] ] Hidden Behind Mockery: BLACK NAMES of Eurasia~ PECHENEG Chevron Dove 1
OldSoul Black People : Say Their Names Aloud - Queen Tswana Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Loukas: Place and Personal names in ancient Times AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : ISIS: A lady with a thousand names AACOOLDRE 2
Chidike Black Money Business Jobs : Black Job Applicants Change ‘Black-Sounding’ Names,Awards and Organizations to Bypass Discrimination Black Money Business Jobs 8
frankster Black Spirituality Religion : Are there Many Gods or One God with many Names? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
TruthHitman Ghana : The Origin and Names of the HEBREWS of Ancient GHANA Ghana 1
TruthHitman Ghana : The Origin and Names of the HEBREWS of Ancient GHANA Ghana 1
A Black People : Black sounding names. Black People Open Forum 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Food fake-out: Products with misleading names and images Black Health and Wellness 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Alicia Stanley, and Brandy Green, hidden names from the Trayvon situation Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Black Women : Women calling each other derogatory names Black Women 3
KaHotep Black People : Names of Purpose: Book of Shayheh Black People Open Forum 0
cherryblossom Black Ancestors : Cleveland, OH to add missing names of Black Civil War Veterans to Memorials Honoring Black Ancestors 0
bobbie Black Entertainment : Josephine Baker- could call her ugly names among other things Black Entertainment 6
Destee Violaters / Violations : Sister Legit-Writer - You Can't Be Calling Us Names Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 4
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Original Names of The Kemetic ( Nisutiu-bity/ Kings) and Queens in Ancient Kemet Black People Open Forum 14
MsInterpret Black Christians : The Names of Jesus Christian Study Group 13
MsInterpret Black People : Study suggests bias against 'black' names on resumes Black People Open Forum 28
D Black Spirituality Religion : Did The Gods Names Yahew and Allah come from Kemet? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Yoruba names and their meanings Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Destee Higher Standard Required : Do Not Put Members Names in Thread Titles Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 20
cherryblossom Black Christians : Names Of God: Old and New Testaments Christian Study Group 7
$$RICH$$ Black Parenting : Baby Names ! Black Parenting 2
tyab14 Black People : Nepal Names New Living Goddess Black People Open Forum 2
Metaverse Black People : ARE BLACK NAMES STUPID? Black People Open Forum 16
R Destee Network : African American History: Names and Terms Destee Network : 0
Destee Blinking Blue Member Names Announcements 18
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Krishna and Jesus were names – of same God in different tongues Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 17
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : THE HUNDRED NAMES OF SEKHMET Omowale Jabali 13
D Black Parenting : Names divide rich and poor Black Parenting 3
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : DARK MAGIC:Names and Symbols Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 36
imhotep06 Black Spirituality Religion : Various names for Black throughout Africa Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
river Black People : The Gender Behind Our User Names Black People Open Forum 13
Akilah Black Spirituality Religion : The Names of God in The Old Testament Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
N Black People : african Names Black People Open Forum 46
P Black Spirituality Religion : AFRICAN NAMES BOOK DISCUSSION THREAD Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
queentswana Black People : OldSouls...saying their names aloud Black People Open Forum 0
queentswana OldSoul : OldSouls...saying their names aloud OldSoul 0
HODEE Black People : THEY WANT TO MAKE NAMES FOR THEMSELVES. "THE MAN WHO TOOK JACKSON DOWN" Black People Open Forum 1
Isaiah Black People : FAMOUS NAMES ON GHETTO STREETS... Black People Open Forum 7
rasheed Black People : Names (Toby or Kunte Kinte, Kizzy or Ms Ann) Black People Open Forum 37
rasheed Black Poetry : Names Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
naija-man Black People : KIDS PIVKING THIER NAMES Black People Open Forum 5