Health and Wellness : Mysterious Disease in Africa

Please Donate

I need your help. destee.com will be 25 years old in October and I don't know that we'll make it. It is hard to keep us alive right now. Our costs have only increased over the years. We have all put our love into this community, but love is not enough to keep the lights on. destee.com needs your financial help too. We are the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world. Please help us remain. Click the Donate button below or CashApp $8664destee - Thank you.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
They will make sure the disease progresses like AIDS and ebola did. Also make sure a pharmecutial company is online with a new drug.

So sad the motherland is the euroPEONs test tube.
As I am sure you are aware, nothing happens by accident. I find it no odd coincidence that this is happening in Southern Sudan (newly "independent") and Uganda where the US military has deployed troops to fight the LRA. I doubt if the US troops are immune to infection.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
As I am sure you are aware, nothing happens by accident. I find it no odd coincidence that this is happening in Southern Sudan (newly "independent") and Uganda where the US military has deployed troops to fight the LRA. I doubt if the US troops are immune to infection.

Three years after the first studies in to Nodding Syndrome were conducted, health experts have failed to come up with its underlying cause. The mysterious disease continues to affect children in northern Uganda, an area still recovering from war between the government and the rebel Lord's Resistance Army.
Researchers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, USA, are in Uganda to investigate the cause and establish the most effective way to treat and manage the sickness.
About 3,000 children have been affected by the disease in the districts of Kitgum, Lamwo and Pader in northern Uganda and 93 per cent of the affected children are between five and 15 years of age.
The director, Division of Global disease detection and emergency response at CDC, Dr Scott Dowell, says the cause and cure of the disease are still not known.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201202171058.html

MS234

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 1, 2010
I doubt if the US troops are immune to infection.
That's what the CDC will get an eye on. Amazing,they do this right in our face it's called Centers for Disease Control for a reason.

As I am sure you are aware, nothing happens by accident
You got that right.

blackeyes

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 14, 2003
South,Ga
Iono
People have been acquiring diseases since the beginning of time...I need more evidence
I am sure US troops aren't eating or drinking the same thing as these kids and they probably aren't susceptible to the same diseases...so I am not shocked they don't have it.
Like what's the point in creating/spreading a disease that's not worse than aids or doesn't spread faster than ebola?
This "mystery" disease isn't even contagious...Really?

Latest profile posts

2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.
Kemetstry wrote on Cindy's profile.
Why are you following me?
Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss: