Black Poetry : My pen bleeding truth

asimplepoet

Mar 13, 2006
Somewhere between paradise and diaster
Occupation
Teacher
Impregnated by the disenfranchised dreams of ancestor forcefully drugged from kingdoms
Teetering back in forth in labors pains wondering when the gestation will cease and bring forth freedom
Sick and tired of being told to forget about the stretch marks of yesteryears as if all of it can be erased
There's no way to forget bending over and touching our toes as you examined the merit of our assets
Deciding my fate on a mere whim with no concern for us as if we were just glorified accessories or pets
And even if we regulated that to generations past we can't neglect the fact that Jim Crow just ended in 1965
Barely a half century ago we had to stay within the color line just to have the right to stay alive
But lets not discuss rights for they weren't designed with us in mind for we were still 3/5 when they were comprised
Never intended for our kind to even dream of the pursuit of happiness or any of it ideals to actually be actualized
Yet we digress for daily you profess that there has been much progress made and many strides obtained
However when we look at headlines of the day the question must be asked what has been really gained
Trying not to sing the same broken refrain but as yet heaven and earth don't ring with the harmonies of Liberty
Yet some of us are pacified with a half obtained happy every after ending laced with bittersweet misery
Nevertheless the majority cannot rest until we all have an equal place setting at this table of life
Thus excuse the sharpness of my pen for its purpose is to slice through reality and spread truth like a butter knife

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Impregnated by the disenfranchised dreams of ancestor forcefully drugged from kingdoms
Teetering back in forth in labors pains wondering when the gestation will cease and bring forth freedom
Sick and tired of being told to forget about the stretch marks of yesteryears as if all of it can be erased
There's no way to forget bending over and touching our toes as you examined the merit of our assets
Deciding my fate on a mere whim with no concern for us as if we were just glorified accessories or pets
And even if we regulated that to generations past we can't neglect the fact that Jim Crow just ended in 1965
Barely a half century ago we had to stay within the color line just to have the right to stay alive
But lets not discuss rights for they weren't designed with us in mind for we were still 3/5 when they were comprised
Never intended for our kind to even dream of the pursuit of happiness or any of it ideals to actually be actualized
Yet we digress for daily you profess that there has been much progress made and many strides obtained
However when we look at headlines of the day the question must be asked what has been really gained
Trying not to sing the same broken refrain but as yet heaven and earth don't ring with the harmonies of Liberty
Yet some of us are pacified with a half obtained happy every after ending laced with bittersweet misery
Nevertheless the majority cannot rest until we all have an equal place setting at this table of life
Thus excuse the sharpness of my pen for its purpose is to slice through reality and spread truth like a butter knife

0n point and on time comments!

Shanti

Dec 21, 2016
Very great work an excellent piece these are words that you have transformed into art :).

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
asimplepoet ... beautiful Sister ... :bowdown:

Shanti ... welcome welcome welcome ... thanks for bringing this gem back up!

:heart:

Destee

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AACOOLDRE Black Short Stories : Pen Pals Short Stories - Authors - Writing 4
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Thy Armory Pen Of God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Solitary Confinement for having Black literature/ Cali Pen. Hunger Strike Black People Open Forum 5
Nahshon Black Poetry : My Fountain Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Black People : Lyfe Jennings back in the pen.. Black People Open Forum 1
cherryblossom Black Poetry : MY pen... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
U Black Poetry : My Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
I Black People : Bwaana's Pen and Picture Tube! Black People Open Forum 2
S Black Haiku : My pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
asimplepoet Black Poetry : just letting my pen flow to upliftment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
R Quiet Poetry Lounge : Pen A Peace Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
G Black Poetry : As I Pen This Piece ... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
G Black People : Taking Away Blacks lives with a Stroke of a Pen. The Jena Six Black People Open Forum 2
Nahshon Poetry Critiques : Ex Whore Cyst Ex Whore Sized With Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Nahshon Black Poetry : Ex Whore Cyst Ex Whore Sized With Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Loyal To The Pen, Author and Poets Survival Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Passionfruit005 Black Poetry : Lady pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
watzinaname Quiet Poetry Lounge : Empty Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Pen of da Fountain Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : A Poet's Treasure / The pen / Spin Lines Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
ASHANTA Black Poetry : The Marks Men Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
P Quiet Poetry Lounge : the painter, the poet (his paintbrush, her pen) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
watzinaname Black Poetry : It's Not that My Pen has Runneth Dry... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 24
H Black Poetry : Through My Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : non titled...pen mental Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : The Pen talks......a BlackAngel Thang!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Pen Ramble.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
T Quiet Poetry Lounge : My pen-is Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
M Black Poetry : I MISS DANCING WITH MY PEN! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
M Quiet Poetry Lounge : A sista demonstrating(Pimpin' a pen) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Bluewater Black Poetry : The Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
T Black Poetry : The man behind the pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
P Black Poetry : My Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
watzinaname Black Poetry : There Goes That Pen Again..... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Bluewater Quiet Poetry Lounge : The Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : My pen wants to sing…… Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : Al that i got right now is my Pen.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : My pen runs dry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Martin Luther Kings Speak Through The Power Of My Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
F Black Poetry : with his pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
P Black Poetry : Tip of my Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
P Black People : Looking for a Pen Pal Black People Open Forum 8
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Mama, Daddy, Pen & Pad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
W Black Poetry : Cradle the Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : MY pen is gone Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
M Black Poetry : THE SEDUCTIVE PEN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
M Black Poetry : The Goddess Pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
P Black Haiku : silence of a pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
O Black Poetry : pen and paper Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
D Black Poetry : The rhythm of my pen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13