Destee Network : My Experience Of Building My Own Website

Veronica

Mar 3, 2006
Hello everyone, I am a black woman of about 35 and am mother of one son. For a long time I have thought of and tried many different business ideas, which never really amounted to generating any real income.

Here's a little more personal information about me. I am a government employee, a youth service officer. I work with teen boys whom have been in trouble with the law.

Okay, getting to the point. Back last spring, I decided I wanted to do something else business wise. I started researching all the online website designer sites to see what it would cost me for them to build me a dating site. Oh, I got quotes from several web designers. The largest quote I got was $2500..... down to $500.

Well I couldn't afford neither one of those quotes. But something inside of me just wouldn't give up on this idea. So I went out to Books-A-Million and other well know book stores and bought books on how to build your own website and did more research on the net to see if I could find a cheaper way out.

Website designing was all new to me but I finally lucked up on this one good company called WebSiteBuild which have now changed there name to something else. They had all the right tools for me to work with. I was able to build it and keep the site running for about $40 a month, and it is still up and running. I guess you can say, I am learning as I go.

The site is up and running but I am faced with another mountain now. Drawing people to the site, that has been the hardest obstacle. Advertising is expensive and I have very little advertising dollars. But any way, the site looks like some professional person built it. But it was just little old me in my bedroom on my computer working away.

I haven't generated any money from the site but plan to keep it going no matter what. And I hope and pray that in due time I can promote it so it will maybe get the recognition of some of the well know online dating sites. Hey, I can think big can't I? Smile!

If you want to take a look at the site you can. Click link below!
http://www.uspersonals.net

The database is not that big because of not being able to promote like I would like to.

I would love to hear from anyone whom that is maintaining a website and is making a profit from. Or on another tip, whom are maintaining a site and am like myself not making any profit yet. Either way I could use some positive encouragement right now.

I'm glad I found this forum. As black people we need more forums like this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I_AM_HER Black Women : A black woman's experience and the failed U.S. healthcare system Black Women 0
SwagII Black People Politics : The Black Experience is Still a Tragedy, Yet Some Blacks Support Our Oppressors! Black People Politics 0
Kemetstry Black People : YOUR 1ST RACIAL EXPERIENCE Black People Open Forum 2
C Black People : Freedom And Reality Is Not A Living Experience Of Black Afrikan People Today!!! Black People Open Forum 1
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Near Death Experience-NDE Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Vhedza1 African American History Culture : Boss: The Black Experience In Business Documentary African American History Culture 0
OldSoul Black People : Earna Speaks on her African Experience - Ghana May 2018 Journey of a Lifetime Black People Open Forum 0
IFE Black Money Business Jobs : Horrible Experience with Black Business Owner Black Money Business Jobs 4
Liberty Black Women : African-American girls in low-income, high-crime neighborhoods experience threats, objectification Black Women 0
RAPTOR Black Entertainment : Common, Pharrell, and ‘The New Black’: An Ignorant Mentality That Undermines the Black Experience Black Entertainment 53
RAPTOR Black People : When one uses their individual experience to obscure a collective matter. Black People Open Forum 19
noor100 Black Muslims : A Muslim Woman Near-Death Experience Islam Study Group 0
R Black Poetry : Advance with rhymes experience romance sometime stuff Promote knowledge went and spoke at college ha Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Jimi Hendrix Experience - If 6 Was 9 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Rainy Day, Dream Away Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jimi Hendrix Experience - Voodoo Child (Slight Return) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Jimi Hendrix Experience - All Along The Watchtower Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Elementary OS - A Great User Experience Science and Technology 0
CHOZIN Black Hebrew Israelites : The Experience Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
magyarmaiden Black Travel : Best safari experience? Black Travel 9
Ankhur Black People : Twilight Zone Experience of Runaway African American teen Girl Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Murals that Uniquely Capture the African American Experience in Philadelphia OldSoul 17
Amnat77 Black People : Mixed-Race Populations Experience Major Growth in the South Black People Open Forum 33
L Black Spirituality Religion : Sharing my own personal experience Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Knowing The Black Life Experience Is The Solution To The Black Life Problem!!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
C Black Spirituality Religion : my meditation experience Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
Jahari Kavi Black Spirituality Religion : Question on a recent experience I had. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 15
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Knowing The Black Life Experience Is The Solution To The Black Life Problem!!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
E Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : The natural hair experience: A sister's blog... Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 3
N Black Spirituality Religion : Experience Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : Share your "Tea" Experience. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 176
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Out of Body Experience AACOOLDRE 0
HODEE Black People : Palin's has...'zero' experience Black People Open Forum 65
tyab14 Black People : Black Being having a White experience? Black People Open Forum 7
nevar Black People : Has anyone had an outer body experience.... Black People Open Forum 10
Jahari Kavi Black Spirituality Religion : Has Anyone Ever Had An Experience With A Divine Force who is Human? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 35
N Black People : Near Death Experience Black People Open Forum 1
Therious Black People Politics : Billary's "Experience" V.S. Obama Black People Politics 1
T Black People : The Snubbing Experience Black People Open Forum 6
river Africa : African Celebrations and Holidays ~ Share Your Experience All Things Africa 2
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : The only knowable experience about God is that God exists Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
D Black Jokes Humor : First experience horse riding Black Jokes Humor 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Experience Is The Verifier Of Divine Truth Chief Elder Osiris 1
M Poetry Critiques : A spiritual experience Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Destee Black People : Ever Experience a Miracle ? Black People Open Forum 8
Isaiah Black Relationships : KISSING CAN BE A "SEXUAL" EXPERIENCE, YES? Black Relationships 29
S Black Education / Schools : The College Experience Black Education / Schools 1
watzinaname Black Poetry : Untitled Experience Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
P Black Spirituality Religion : THE AFRICAN EXPERIENCE OF GOD Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 40
R Black Spirituality Religion : The Quran...Paradise...and the Near Death Experience. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12