Black Poetry : Mothers Day Poem

midnightsson

Jun 15, 2002
Michigan
Occupation
MidAmerica Products
Mom, where can I begin? It's like a long beautiful story that has yet to reach it's end..
I would be so much further behind if not for you, and I can't even pretend..
You’ve been the guiding factor that kept me from going over the brink
I love you and learned things from you that you wouldn’t possibly think
I owe you in ways that I’m not sure money can ever repay
but with the life you lead, I know you’ll be rewarded some day
your faith is inspiring, your heart is big and clear
not being the son I think you deserve, is one of my greatest fears
I wish I could take back all my mistakes and make you and dad proud
I wish whenever I see you un-happy, I could make you smile
I thank you for bearing with my procrastination
I’m now making steps to change my final destination
I respect you with all the respect I can muster
from childhood, to pre-teen, to adult you’ve been a loyal, long-suffering mother
in my opinion, mother’s day is all year around and not this one day
but it gives me the opportunity to say some things I wanna say
I lay down some nights and wonder how can one woman be so amazing
with knowledge, good advice, and a moral code that’s unchanging
raising 3 children on your own, and you did a wonderful job by yourself
fighting through loneliness, our bad choices and even bad health
just you still being here with me is a miracle in itself
monetary value aside, you have enormous spiritual wealth.
In less than 2 months, I hope to be able to make you believe in me
as I’m on my way to being “all I can be”
so mother, on your day I wish you lots of fun, love and happiness
my goal is to be what you taught me to be, I’ll accept no less
I love you more than the human vocabulary can personify
but I want to start showing that with my actions and stop living a lie
thank you for all the things you instilled in my heart and soul
and give me a little more time and my life will come under control

thank you and Happy Mothers Day!!

Derrick H.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
very beautiful and well posed .....loved it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Bunchy Carter does poem: Black Mothers, a favorite of Elaine Powers Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Perfection Black People Politics : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Krobo Queen Mothers---Contemporary Female Traditional Authority in Ghana Black People Politics 0
Lunar Cycle Law Forum : I Hope GOD Relieves This Mothers Pain Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Liberty Black Relationships : We Should Probably Stop Blaming the Crime Rate on Single Mothers Black Relationships 33
Liberty Black Parenting : Why Do We Martyr Single Fathers But Demonize Single Mothers? Black Parenting 34
RAPTOR Black People : Classified Evidence: US Soldiers Raped Boys In Front Of Their Mothers Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : EATING PLACENTA HEALTHY FOR NEW MOTHERS? Black Health and Wellness 13
dunwiddat Nigeria : The Pain of Mothers In Nigeria Nigeria 274
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor Marvin Winans Refuses to Bless Babies of Unwed Mothers Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
Destee Single Black Mothers : Single Black Mothers - Don't Believe the Hype - Hold Your Head High! Black Women 17
B Black Education / Schools : Mothers are the school Black Education / Schools 10
MsJae24 Black Parenting : Irresponsible mothers.. Black Parenting 121
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Queenz of Destee (mothers) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
$$RICH$$ Black Haiku : Mothers Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Happy Mothers Day to all the Ladies at Destee Black People Open Forum 7
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : Videos: Nyankopon-Nyankonton - Ra and Rait; Asaase Afua and Asaase Yaa - Earth Mothers Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
dunwiddat Black People : Their Mothers Are Upset Black People Open Forum 1
Thelma Jackson-Smith Black Relationships : Do Mothers Affect Black Love, Especially if They Are Not Attractive? Black Relationships 5
dunwiddat Black People : Are All Boys Like This - Not Wanting Their Mothers to Remarry Black People Open Forum 9
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : POETICLY LOVE to all the MOTHERS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
M Destee Network : I am inviting your members to join Mothers of Heru Temple. We may be found at meetup.com Destee Network : 1
Kemetstry Black Relationships : Unwed Mothers in the USA - The New Normal Black Relationships 91
Luv_Doctor Black Parenting : SINGLE MOTHERS....MULTIPLE FATHERS! Black Parenting 94
Therious Black Parenting : Mothers more likely to Kill Children Than Fathers Black Parenting 65
MsInterpret Black Parenting : Should babies stay with mothers who are incarcerated? Black Parenting 14
C Black Relationships : Black Mothers help a brother out Black Relationships 16
M Black Spirituality Religion : Honor your Mothers and Fathers so that your Days will be Long* Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Lataisha Nicole Black Poetry : TO ALL OF THE MOTHERS OF DESTEE, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
P Destee Network : Hello.... Any Single Black Mothers Destee Network : 1
watzinaname Sister's Only Chat : HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!! Black Women 3
L Black Relationships : males opinions on dating single mothers Black Relationships 249
A Mothers and their little boys Black Parenting 10
C Black Poetry : A MOTHERS TOUCH Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
S Black Entertainment : Single Black Mothers In The Media, Stereotype Or Reality? Black Entertainment 12
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : NIT (Neith, Net), Mother of the Mothers Omowale Jabali 6
P Black People : Middle-class French mothers will be paid to start le baby boom Black People Open Forum 0
P Black People : Mothers abandoning their children: An increasing trend in the black community! Black People Open Forum 29
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Afrikan Salvation Is Dependent Upon The Mothers Of Afrika!!! Chief Elder Osiris 6
I Black Poetry : Sharing Wordz to You Mothers... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
river Black Picture Image Gallery : A Tribute to All Mothers Black Picture Image Gallery 3
L Black Picture Image Gallery : Sisters of Destee,s place ( for mothers day) Black Picture Image Gallery 11
info-moetry Black Poetry : Happy Mothers Day!!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
A Black People : Study on Black Single Mothers Debunks Stereotypes... Black People Open Forum 3
PurpleMoons Quiet Poetry Lounge : FOOTPRINTS OF MY MOTHERS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
river Black Poetry : For Mothers' Day - My mother/Myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
caramelpython Black Poetry : 3 states.............(Heat 4 u mothers) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 42
MANASIAC Black Poetry : I hate my mommie - The Mothers Day Massacre Collection Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 23
Destee Black Relationships : Tips For Single Mothers Raising Sons Black Relationships 13
E Black Poetry : For all MY SINGLE BLACK MOTHERs-just alittle somethin off the top of my head Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
ASHANTA Quiet Poetry Lounge : Children Of The Plague Mothers Death Of Darkness HIV Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4