Black Muslims : Monogamy And Polygamy

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Book:polygamy In Islam
Bilal Philips & Jameelah Jones

'Polygamy is the Muslim practice most frequently and severely maligned by Westerners and modernist Muslims. This book can be read with profit by all unprejudiced readers who wish to know its justification and rationale.

One of the greatest contrasts between Islam and the West is their conflicting concepts of relations between the sexes. Indeed, the very first question a Muslim convert is confronted with by an American or European is ‘Why does Islam allow four wives?’ This book...replies straightforwardly to that question and much more.

The authors describe all the most important characteristics of marriage in Islam, pointing out that the Western notions of sex equality and romantic premarital ‘love’ are not necessary in Islamic marriage based on piety and the commitment on the part of both parents to win the pleasure of Almighty Allah.'

This book contains basic guides for anyone interested in understanding the rights and obligations of males and females in Islamic plural marriage. The guidelines have been drawn from the Quran, Hadith and opinions of Islamic scholars.

http://www.amazon.com/Polygamy-Islam-Bilal-Philips-Jameelah/dp/9960953300

Indeed, it is also a beautifully done work, as well:

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Why does this topic keep showing up periodically?

What's the fascination?

Plural marriage is illegal in the US. So..........?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.......Excellent lecture on truth using parallels that cannot be refuted sister noor100, showing a clear distinction between morals and lust.

Brother Abdul-Malik on the hypocrisy of this country...

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
Contemplating o­n Being a Second Wife?

A SECOND WIFE

, in fact even a third and a fourth wife, are in exactly the same category as a first wife. The norms of western society, which have been acquired by Muslims, have created in Muslim society similar attitudes of repugnance which westerners display towards a plurality of marriages.

In the Qur’aan Majeed and in the Sunnah there is overwhelming evidence for the perfect permissibility of marrying more than o­ne wife. The life of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), of the Sahaabah and the great personalities of Islam in all ages are more than adequate evidence for the sanctity of the institution of polygamy in the same way as is the institution of monogamy. In fact, it is an attitude of kufr to hold in contempt polygamy. This attitude is tantamount to criticizing Allah Ta’ala who has made polygamy lawful, and it is an indirect assault o­n the practice of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), the Ambiya and the Sahaabah.

http://www.themajlis.net/Article149.html

IMMORALITY

Western society tolerates fornication and illicit associations by husbands and wives. But, a second marriage is unthinkable. Muslims who ape the west suffer from the very same irrational mental disease.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Contemplating o­n Being a Second Wife?

A SECOND WIFE

, in fact even a third and a fourth wife, are in exactly the same category as a first wife. The norms of western society, which have been acquired by Muslims, have created in Muslim society similar attitudes of repugnance which westerners display towards a plurality of marriages.

In the Qur’aan Majeed and in the Sunnah there is overwhelming evidence for the perfect permissibility of marrying more than o­ne wife. The life of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), of the Sahaabah and the great personalities of Islam in all ages are more than adequate evidence for the sanctity of the institution of polygamy in the same way as is the institution of monogamy. In fact, it is an attitude of kufr to hold in contempt polygamy. This attitude is tantamount to criticizing Allah Ta’ala who has made polygamy lawful, and it is an indirect assault o­n the practice of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), the Ambiya and the Sahaabah.

http://www.themajlis.net/Article149.html

IMMORALITY

Western society tolerates fornication and illicit associations by husbands and wives. But, a second marriage is unthinkable. Muslims who ape the west suffer from the very same irrational mental disease.
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......It is not a stretch to consider polygamy, its also found rampant in the pages of the Bible. I'm hard pressed to say it any better than what's stated above, but it may very well come down to folks dealing with repugnance to the idea.

Peace In,

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
The real issue is too many people these days just don't have much heart and compassion for others.

The same people who have such a repunance for polygamy are the same people,who have no problem sleeping with other people spouses unmarried and behind people's back.And women tend to be the biggest hypocrites in this matter.Men are not cheating by themselves.

Yes i do know that polygamy is in the Bible but most Christians try to deny it or they say it's part of the old law or something.

porthole

Banned
Nov 28, 2011
I find this topic fascinating even though i am female. When you look at the Black community at it's worse you have an unstructured form of polygamy in the form of BABYMAMAS. On a personal level i am not sure how i feel about this as i would prefer to be number 1. Their are many problems in the community that need to be sorted out. This question of polygamy makes me think where does one start in tackling the problems we as Black people have worldwide. Is polygamy(babymamas) a serious problem enough to place it number 1 on the list of tackling our problems or do we have more pressing problems. Where to start?

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
Sister,if you are thinking about going into a polygamous situation.I would highly recommend you read the book:"Polygamy in Islam'by Bilal Philips and Jameelah Jones to give you more understanding on how it should be done and your rights.
The baby mamas situation you described,where a man just have children with different women without taking resposibility for them,is NOT the way it should be done.Do not put yourself in that kind of situation.
You want a truly, Allah fearing,honorable and responsible brother,with a history of taking care of his family and striving to do what's right.Not someone misusing religion for selfish reasons.You want someone you can RESPECT.

And the best way for women to live in a polygamous situation is to want for your sister what you want for yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/Polygamy-Islam-Bilal-Philips-Jameelah/dp/9960953300

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I find this topic fascinating even though i am female. When you look at the Black community at it's worse you have an unstructured form of polygamy in the form of BABYMAMAS. On a personal level i am not sure how i feel about this as i would prefer to be number 1. Their are many problems in the community that need to be sorted out. This question of polygamy makes me think where does one start in tackling the problems we as Black people have worldwide. Is polygamy(babymamas) a serious problem enough to place it number 1 on the list of tackling our problems or do we have more pressing problems. Where to start?
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Welcome to Destee.com, porthole:

Addressing the above highlight (problems we as Black people have worldwide...Where to start?) seems to be difficult at first glance, and offers a real challenge.

In my opinion, and I'm stepping out on a limb, this unique factor dwelling inside us, self-hate, which isn't so apparent in other groups of people would be first and foremost on a long list of issues to tackle. If somehow we could exhibit real love toward one another, all other problems would subside.

Peace In,

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: