Law Forum : Mississippi’s richest county uses police checkpoints to enforce segregation, lawsuit claims

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
... “[T]he roadblocks end where the white people start.” :facepalm:
In the Spirit Jurisprudence,

Mississippi’s richest county uses police checkpoints to enforce segregation, lawsuit claims
The rights abridgments of Madison County

Madison County, Mississippi, is among the most segregated places in America. Past court decisions have made note of its “racial isolation” and “confluence of…geography and demography.”

Part of the reason the state’s wealthiest county remains so divided, according to a new class-action lawsuit filed Monday, is that county leaders want it that way — and are willing to use local law enforcement to enforce an unofficial cordon around the county’s roughly 40,000 black residents ...

https://thinkprogress.org/rights-abridged-madison-county-9ac948aa63cc

Madison County Sheriff Randall Tucker. CREDIT: AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis

Alan Pyke
Deputy Economic Policy Editor, ThinkProgress. Poverty, criminal-justice profiteering, police violence, & robber barons. Tips: [email protected]
May 8

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
ACLU sues Mississippi sheriff over alleged excessive force, racial profiling

... Those are just a few examples of what the ACLU claims are the acts of a police agency out of control in central Mississippi.
The ACLU this week filed a federal class-action lawsuit against the Madison County Sheriff's Department, claiming deputies routinely used excessive force and a variety of unconstitutional tactics to target black people ...

Video ... 04:02
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/13/us/aclu-mississippi-police-force/

By Eric Levenson and Victor Blackwell, CNN

Last edited:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Thank you Clyde C Coger Jr

I heard on the news this morning that Texas has a new immigration law that will be discriminatory.

Looks like they are all going back to their roots.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Thank you Clyde C Coger Jr

I heard on the news this morning that Texas has a new immigration law that will be discriminatory.

Looks like they are all going back to their roots.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Without a doubt Sister Destee, true colors are now surfacing more than ever, and, its gonna get worst unless the liberal social movement, among other moving pieces, eject the culprit(s) from the White/Black House.

But here's the good news, it wont be long before they are in :dblock:
... yup!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.