Botswana : Miss Botswana 2002 / Lomaswati Dlamini

triniti424

May 13, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Occupation
Servant of the People
welcome brotha AfriKing... :wave:
I would rather see a pix of a beautiful blak brotha seeing as how I am a sista :lol:
But sista Botswana is very beautiful :)

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Legalizing Illegal Immigrants..The Republican Plan to replace Black Voters?

Brothers and Sisters I want to call attention to a Bush proposal to grant temporary working rights to the country's estimated 10 million illegal immigrants (the majority of whom are from Mexico). Under this plan, immigrant workers can apply for 3 year work grants, under which they can stay in the country without the fear of deportation. This plan also gives immigrants the right to travel to & from the country. While immigrants are not automatically granted green cards, the process will become much easier. They can also continue to re-apply for subsequent 3 year work grants, if they do not have a green card when there work grant expires. In other words as long as an immigrant has a job, they can stay in the country forever!

This plan which Bush intends to introduce to the nation today (Jan 7, 2004), has HUGE ramifications for Black people. As everyone knows the economy is already in a depression (in my mind we passed the recession phase a year ago). Thousands of people are getting layed off monthly, many of whom are black, and many of whom struggle to find new employment. In a time where literally thousands of US citizens (both white and black) are struggling to find employment, it is sick to grant employment rights to illegal workers. Although this negatively effects many Americans it mostly affects us. For the last 20 years Latinos have taken jobs which used to historically go to Black people. Janitorial services and meatpacking (while menial work) used to be dominated by a unionized well paid black labor force. Now however they are dominated by a non-unionized immigrant labor force, who I might add have decreased the pay for these positions. For those of you who live in an area that is heavily populated by Latinos I'm sure you will have noticed that jobs which once went to Blacks (like fast food, retail, car sales), and now going to Latinos. I'm sure you that you have noticed that low income loans and housing programs that once focused on Blacks are mostly going to Latinos. All of this would be a positive if it meant that Blacks as a community are moving up in society, but that isn't the case.

What I see happening is a Bush/Republican agenda to further increase their power by catering to potential Latino voters, and at the same time to further castrate Black America. I've always felt that the number of blacks who are imprisoned served two purposes: When people are jailed they lose their suffrage (voting) right, and in many cases their employment rights. By jailing millions of Blacks (men & women), the political & economic power of the Black Community is severly dimenished. Legalizing millions of illegals furthers this trend. We all know that the last presidential election was decided by only 400 votes. Latinos (Cubans) in Florida are credited with being the deciding factor in the 2000 election. Many of whom switched from Democratic from Republican over the Elian Gonzalez issue. With Latinos surpassing the Black population (many of whom don't vote), and if Republicans win over the Latino vote, they will have all the votes they will need to say in office for years to come. If a presidential administration (or state/county) does not need the black vote to stay in office, then it does not need to address our needs. If a political administration does not need the black vote to obtain an office.....then it WILL NOT address our needs. We are witnessing an overt attempt to rmove Black America as a relevant sector of the US!

While I have mainly focused on Republicans, in truth Democrats can very well do the same thing. This is further proof that it is almost impossible for Black people as group to succeed. in American society. Our fate is not in our hands, as long as we continue to comply with the standard political/economic structure. It is also further proof of the need for black employers, and ultimately a United States of Africa (see the PanAfrican forum). As long as we continue to rely on whites for employment we will continue to be subject to their whim (passed over for who they see fit). In the mean time however, we need to mobilize and vote in mass this coming election. We need to express our concerns to politicians in our community, and replace any (including sellout blacks) who aren't working for us. We need to start investing in our own communities. But most importantly we need to Wake UP!

Swati

Jan 16, 2005
Lomaswati

I just saw this post about my pic and I am fluttered that I am so admired. I didnt really think much of those pics but thanks Afriking!!!

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Swati said:
I just saw this post about my pic and I am fluttered that I am so admired. I didnt really think much of those pics but thanks Afriking!!!

Welcome to Destee.com Swati, we have an extensive forum on African culture that I hope you check out. I missed this post when it was 1st presented. While I would express myself a little differently than brother Afriking did, he does have an important point about the beauty of African women (a beauty that is overlooked by many in the world). I have a thread in our PanAfrican forum celebrating the beauty of people in the African Diaspora: "Celebration of Blackness":

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23367&page=9&pp=10

I'd like to add your pics to it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Perfection Black Ancestors : ▶ The black collective won't miss Elijah Cummings Honoring Black Ancestors 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Miss USA, Miss Teen USA and Miss America are all black women. This 'Essence' cover honors the monumental moment Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Nia Imani Franklin, the 23-year-old Miss New York, won the title of Miss America 2019 Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Progressive 'Miss USA' 2017 Crowns Conservative Contestant Black Entertainment 8
Liberty Black Education / Schools : University Miss Black pageant winner criticized for 'not being black enough' Black Education / Schools 18
Liberty Black Entertainment : Don’t Miss Pioneers of African-American Cinema on Netflix (and Other Viewing Suggestions) Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : teen-becomes-first-miss-minnesota-usa-contestant-to-wear-a-hijab Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : brazil-crowns-first-black-miss-brazil-in-30-years Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 90-year-old 'Miss Opal' starts march to D.C. from Ft. Worth, TX - For Juneteenth Holiday Black People Doing Positive Things 22
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : ‘Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s’ Miss Robbie suing son Tim Black Money Business Jobs 0
shaka64 Black Ancestors : “call me now for your free reading!” Miss Cleo Dies Honoring Black Ancestors 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Meet Miss USA: Deshauna Barber Is First Military Service Member to Take Crown Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Ghana : Ghanaian crowned first 'Miss Africa Continent' Ghana 0
Destee Black Entertainment : Steve Harvey Crowns Wrong Miss Universe in Las Vegas Black Entertainment 69
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : The Rolling Stones- Miss You Black Entertainment 0
HODEE Black Entertainment : BABY SOULJA FT MISS BARBIE (PAY ATTENTION) Black Entertainment 0
Kemetstry Black People : MEET THE NEW MISS ISREAL Black People Open Forum 7
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : Kobe fractures left knee, expected to miss six weeks Black Sports 5
candeesweet Black People : Explaining the Racist Response to the New Miss France Black People Open Forum 16
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Artistics - I'm Gonna Miss You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Buddy Guy Featuring Shemekia Copeland - I Miss You Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aaron Hall - I Miss You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : Syria, Israel, & the Miss Universe Pageant--MISS ISRAEL 2013 Christian Study Group 0
Chevron Dove Black Hebrew Israelites : The Hypocrisy of a Black MISS ISRAEL Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : A 'BLACK' Miss Israel!--Is This Political or What!? The Crowning Moment Chevron Dove 15
Alarm Clock Black People Politics : Civil Rights Veteran Chokwe Lumumba Elected Mayor of Jackson, Miss., Once a Center of Racial Abuses Black People Politics 2
S Black People : Miss Representation.. A documentary on female identity in America. Black People Open Forum 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : IF YOU MISS THE DJANGO UNCHAINED WITH COSMIC WARRIOR OSIRIS, HERE IS THE INTERVIEW, FULL VERSION... Chief Elder Osiris 0
Desert Storm Black Poetry : Nana I miss you, I love you Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Desert Storm Black Poetry : Miss You Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
cherryblossom Black Positive People : Miss Zee Coloring Book for Little Girls of Color Black People Doing Positive Things 7
Stormcloud Black Poetry : I Still Miss My Dad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : FLOYD TAYLOR - I MISS MY DADDY Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Kemetstry Black People Politics : Ole Miss Riots Over Obama Election Black People Politics 8
J Black Travel : Don’t miss good travel deal packages! Black Travel 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Color Purple 1985 (Tata Vega - Miss Celie's Blues) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Kemetstry Black People : Feds: Authorities in Meridian, Miss. Violated Rights of Black Children Black People Open Forum 6
Asomfwaa Black People : "Miss Devine" Black People Open Forum 3
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Miss Pennsylvania resigns, claims pageant rigged Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Picture Image Gallery : miss black france……. Black Picture Image Gallery 11
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Ne-Yo - Miss Independent Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black People : On a definition of Racism, Racist.. and Miss Millieism.. Black People Open Forum 25
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Penelope Ft. Lil wayne - Miss me with that foolishness Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Aaron Hall - I Miss You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
F The Front Porch : Hello my friend Destee. I miss you! The Front Porch 1
MsInterpret Black Women : The 16 Black Contestants in Miss Universe Black Women 21
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Angie Stone - Wish I Didn't Miss You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Chevron Dove Black People : UPDATE: Miss Wisconsin USA has dropped out of the pageant! Black People Open Forum 1
Amnat77 Black People : Miss Colorado Soon to be homeless. Black People Open Forum 7