Black Positive People : Millionaires to Obama: Tax us

Black-king

Sep 13, 2011
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......And what are the several choices Sir, outside of a recalcitrant Congress led by the Tea Party, the likes of Grover Norquist:

For more than two decades, signing Norquist’s pledge has been an almost religious rite of passage for Washington Republicans.

The 54-year-old president of Americans for Tax Reform is Washington’s anti-tax doctrinal watchdog, his stature derived from the faith of his Republican signatories. He is using all of his authority to prevent GOP leaders from giving an inch on taxes as President Obama and congressional leaders seek a historic compromise to raise the debt ceiling and bring down the deficit.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/grover-norquist-the-anti-tax-enforcer-behind-the-scenes-of-the-debt-debate/2011/07/12/gIQAPGNSBI_story.html

Peace In,
I think the President is playing good cop bad cop with the GOP. He could have just let the Tax expired and call the Republicans bluff about shutting the whole country down. That nuclear proliferation treaty with Russia and that benefits of the 9/11 rescuers were used in exchange for the tax cuts. The Problem is you can't come out and blatantly call him on his bad policies because he used the Republicans so effectively to cover himself. I think the President and the Republicans are on the same team.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I think the President is playing good cop bad cop with the GOP. He could have just let the Tax expired and call the Republicans bluff about shutting the whole country down. That nuclear proliferation treaty with Russia and that benefits of the 9/11 rescuers were used in exchange for the tax cuts. The Problem is you can't come out and blatantly call him on his bad policies because he used the Republicans so effectively to cover himself. I think the President and the Republicans are on the same team.

.......If these choices you've set out are in response to my question of you, they are terribly skewed when considering what was at stake, then. Here is the basis upon which the President made his decision to bargain with the GOP for sake of the nation and the underprivileged. I don't mind having dialogue, but facts are not yours to pick and choose in the process.

In exchange for the extension of the tax cuts for individuals earning more than $200,000 per year and families making over $250,000 per year, Republican leaders agreed to extend unemployment insurance for another 13 months -- reaching an estimated 2 million Americanswhose insurance expired on Nov. 30.

The president was also able to secure temporary extension of stimulus-related tax cuts including the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit, and the American Opportunity Tax Credit, which provides tax relief for students. According to senior White House officials, both sides agreed to extend the Alternative Minimum Tax for two years.

In exchange for the extension of the tax cuts for individuals earning more than $200,000 per year and families making over $250,000 per year, Republican leaders agreed to extend unemployment insurance for another 13 months -- reaching an estimated 2 million Americanswhose insurance expired on Nov. 30.

The president was also able to secure temporary extension of stimulus-related tax cuts including the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit, and the American Opportunity Tax Credit, which provides tax relief for students. According to senior White House officials, both sides agreed to extend the Alternative Minimum Tax for two years.

Obama was frank in his assessment of the compromise, saying he "completely disagreed" with the largely Republican-held view that the Bush tax cuts should be extended for upper-income earners. But he sounded a pragmatic note in his assessment that the GOP would block an extension for middle- and working-class families unless they secured an extension for the wealthy. "Without a willingness to give on both sides," said Obama, "there's no reason to believe this stalemate won't continue into next year. I'm not willing to let that happen."

Obama Cuts Deal to Extend All Bush Tax Cuts, Renew Jobless Benefits
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/12/06/obama-cuts-deal-to-extend-all-bush-tax-cuts-renew-unemployment/

Again, I don't mind having dialogue on the facts, but to spout opinions in view of facts doesn't interest me. If you continue in this vain, I'll have no choice but to disengage.

Peace In,

Black-king

Sep 13, 2011

.......If these choices you've set out are in response to my question of you, they are terribly skewed when considering what was at stake, then. Here is the basis upon which the President made his decision to bargain with the GOP for sake of the nation and the underprivileged. I don't mind having dialogue, but facts are not yours to pick and choose in the process.

Obama was frank in his assessment of the compromise, saying he "completely disagreed" with the largely Republican-held view that the Bush tax cuts should be extended for upper-income earners. But he sounded a pragmatic note in his assessment that the GOP would block an extension for middle- and working-class families unless they secured an extension for the wealthy. "Without a willingness to give on both sides," said Obama, "there's no reason to believe this stalemate won't continue into next year. I'm not willing to let that happen."

Obama Cuts Deal to Extend All Bush Tax Cuts, Renew Jobless Benefits
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/12/06/obama-cuts-deal-to-extend-all-bush-tax-cuts-renew-unemployment/

Again, I don't mind having dialogue on the facts, but to spout opinions in view of facts doesn't interest me. If you continue in this vain, I'll have no choice but to disengage.

Peace In,
He wasn't frank because the way I see it, it will do the same thing again next year. The debate was that the economy was bad that he couldn't raise taxes on anyone. Guess what the economy won't be a=in any better shape than it is now, what will he do? Do you think the republicans will allow him to raise taxes next year. This all Politics, What will the Republicans hold up next time in exchange for these taxes?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
He wasn't frank because the way I see it, it will do the same thing again next year. The debate was that the economy was bad that he couldn't raise taxes on anyone. Guess what the economy won't be a=in any better shape than it is now, what will he do? Do you think the republicans will allow him to raise taxes next year. This all Politics, What will the Republicans hold up next time in exchange for these taxes?

.....He wasn't frank enough...smh, what do you possibly mean by that statement?

Peace In,

Black-king

Sep 13, 2011

.....He wasn't frank enough...smh, what do you possibly mean by that statement?

Peace In,
I mean he knows he won't be able to abolish the Bush tax codes next year, the Republicans won't allow him to, so what do you think he is going to do?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I mean he knows he won't be able to abolish the Bush tax codes next year, the Republicans won't allow him to, so what do you think he is going to do?

.......I'm not following your conversation.

Peace In,

Black-king

Sep 13, 2011

.......I'm not following your conversation.

Peace In,
My point is Presdent Obama knows very well that he won't be able to get rid of Bush taxes, and he pledged that he will get rid of them next year. I am saying the outcome is going to be the same next year when the Bush taxes become the subject again.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
My point is Presdent Obama knows very well that he won't be able to get rid of Bush taxes, and he pledged that he will get rid of them next year. I am saying the outcome is going to be the same next year when the Bush taxes become the subject again.

.......Okay.

Peace In,

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly