Black People : MILLION MAN MARCH pt2:The Last Hoorah

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
10-10-15 Was his final call. It was about both a political and economic agenda. As we speak a think tank has gathered to plan a strategy. It also calls for 10,000 men and 10,000 women to go into the communities and confront what ails us. From drug to domestic violence.
Should the economic agenda been called for 20 years ago? Thus, placing us in a better financial conditions than we are today as a whole. Can anything be done in the community without going into the home? We have already seen how divisive those conversations can be in here

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
10-10-15 Was his final call. It was about both a political and economic agenda. As we speak a think tank has gathered to plan a strategy. It also calls for 10,000 men and 10,000 women to go into the communities and confront what ails us. From drug to domestic violence.
Should the economic agenda been called for 20 years ago? Thus, placing us in a better financial conditions than we are today as a whole. Can anything be done in the community without going into the home? We have already seen how divisive those conversations can be in here.

At 82, which holds up good on him, it could very well be his, no pun on words, Final Call.

Its good to hear that men and women, who are about that life, are being called upon to go into our communities to sort things out.

Was their any indication that the FOI would be participating as part of the 20,000 called?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was an economic agenda called for in 1995. Farrakhan had arranged for the sale of lots of different products in the Black community that were created by the NOI. In addition was this:

Third, the goal of renewing themselves morally and spiritually was addressed. The responsibility of realizing this goal was placed with the African-American churches, regardless of denomination. Preachers and teachers of God should be committed to serving the people.

Finally, and perhaps most important, was the goal of attaining economic clout. Planned strategies for the realization of this goal included the development and support of black-owned businesses.
https://www.deltacollege.edu/org/deltawinds/DWOnline97/millionmanmarch.html

Nevertheless, lets hope that we pull away from going into debt for Christmas. Besides making absolutely no sense, it focuses on saving in our community, as opposed to dis-saving we've been doing for years.

To answer your question, "
Can anything be done in the community without going into the home? We have already seen how divisive those conversations can be in here."

At this point, we have no choice but to engage in that conversation, in order to finally dissolve our self-hatred issue with one another.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

At 82, which holds up good on him, it could very well be his, no pun on words, Final Call. I used that phrase for a reason. He IS 82

Its good to hear that men and women, who are about that life, are being called upon to go into our communities to sort things out.
Was their any indication that the FOI would be participating as part of the 20,000 called? They were the 1st ones to step up. As I told James. I have mentored in the hood before. I know what's expected and what will happen

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was an economic agenda called for in 1995. Farrakhan had arranged for the sale of lots of different products in the Black community that were created by the NOI. In addition was this:

Third, the goal of renewing themselves morally and spiritually was addressed. The responsibility of realizing this goal was placed with the African-American churches, regardless of denomination. Preachers and teachers of God should be committed to serving the people.
Finally, and perhaps most important, was the goal of attaining economic clout. Planned strategies for the realization of this goal included the development and support of black-owned businesses.
https://www.deltacollege.edu/org/deltawinds/DWOnline97/millionmanmarch.html
That is not quite what I and many others were referring to. Had we but tithed ourselves 10% of our vast earnings every year. We would own a Citibank and Chase /Manhattan in 2009. That's the economic power I refer to.

Nevertheless, lets hope that we pull away from going into debt for Christmas. Besides making absolutely no sense, it focuses on saving in our community, as opposed to dis-saving we've been doing for years. That is something that the sisters can do alone. But, that is also the hardest part. lol

To answer your question, "Can anything be done in the community without going into the home? We have already seen how divisive those conversations can be in here."
At this point, we have no choice but to engage in that conversation, in order to finally dissolve our self-hatred issue with one another. I agree. But, as you have seen in here, that is a very tall order indeed

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
No better time than the present.

Currently, you have 1.1 to 1.3 trillion dollars to work with (this is how much African-Americans as a whole spend in the US economy)....

Yet. we haven't historically focused it

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I used that phrase for a reason. He IS 82
I know.

They were the 1st ones to step up. As I told James. I have mentored in the hood before. I know what's expected and what will happen

Good deal, hadn't read that anywhere.

That is not quite what I and many others were referring to. Had we but tithed ourselves 10% of our vast earnings every year. We would own a Citibank and Chase /Manhattan in 2009. That's the economic power I refer to.
No doubt ...

That is something that the sisters can do alone. But, that is also the hardest part. lol

I hear ya, but 40 million of us would have to participate, in order to be totally effective.

I agree. But, as you have seen in here, that is a very tall order indeed

Well, it still has to be done and Farrakhan deserves props for starting the dialog from a national perspective.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuck Black Entertainment : Spike Lee's "Get On The Bus" : His Unique Tribute to the Million Man March!!! Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Spirit of family reunion marks Million Man March anniversary Black People Politics 17
Kemetstry Black People : Million Man March 15 yrs Later Black People Open Forum 61
P Black People : MILLION MAN MARCH 2005.. Black People Open Forum 2
ASHANTA Black Poetry : The Drums Scream The Million Man March Shall Return Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
MsInterpret Black People : Man cleared in '84 rape wins $18.5 million award Black People Open Forum 16
Ankhur South Africa : Million Man ; Strike in South Africa South Africa 4
Ankhur Black People : Sean Bell, OK, but is'nt a Black man's life worth More then 7 million? Black People Open Forum 9
HODEE Black People : FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION -{ $141_ MILLION from University Scam } Look Out There Are ( 100's ) of These Listed Scam's Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : The World’s Wealthiest Family Gets $4 Million Richer Every Hour Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Noah's Ark Replica Owners Sue Insurers for Roughly $1 Million in Rain Damage Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : New ‘Medicare for All’ Bill Would Kick 181 Million Off Private Insurance Black Health and Wellness 0
Ndugu Black People : cyclone Idai in Africa hits 3 nations , a million displaced , over 600 dead Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Dishwasher Awarded $21.5 Million for Being Made to Work on Sundays Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 5.1 Million Pounds of Beef Added to Recall Due to Salmonella Black Health and Wellness 0
Ndugu Black People : When we get tired of the endless police lynchings we will wage a National Boycott , 30 million of us Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Zimbabwe : Zimbabwe seeks $35 million to fight cholera outbreak Zimbabwe 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : JPMorgan Will Pay $24 Million to End Lawsuit From Black Advisers Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Check your eggs! 200 million eggs recalled over salmonella fears Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Megachurch Pastor Accused Of Defrauding People Out Of More Than $1 Million Christian Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Korryn Gaines’ Family Awarded $36 Million Dollars In Civil Suit Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, former Liberian president, wins $5 million prize Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Ethiopia : U.S. gives a further $91 million in food aid to drought-hit Ethiopia Ethiopia 0
S Black People : The Congo Dandies: living in poverty and spending a fortune to look like a million dollars Black People Open Forum 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : LeBron James to donate $2.5 million to National Museum of African American History Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Money Business Jobs : basquiat-portrait-soars-to-record-110-million-at-sothebys Black Money Business Jobs 3
Destee Nigeria : Lagos - the largest city in Africa - 21 million people Nigeria 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : google-pledges-11-5-million-to-racial-justice-causes Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Black Positive People : Meet The CEO Building A $75 Million Global Landmark For African American History Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Chidike Black People Politics : Donald Trump To Pay $25 Million In Compensation For His Fraudulent Trump University Scam Black People Politics 4
Liberty Black Positive People : LeBron James Donates $2.5 Million to Smithsonian’s African-American History Museum Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Sandra Bland’s family settles wrongful death lawsuit for $1.9 million Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Fine1952 Black People : Why Did FEMA Just Put a Rush Order on 5 Million Bottles Of Water? Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Toxic chemicals in drinking water for six million Americans Black Health and Wellness 2
Liberty Black Positive People : Michael Jordan gives $5 million to African American museum Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Michael Jordan: A Day Late and a Million Dollars Short Black People Politics 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : dr-hadiyah-nicole-green-wins-1-1-million-grant Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Gorilla Science and Technology : African Online Retailer Startup - From $500 to $2 Million Science and Technology 0
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : Makaila Ulmer, 11, Gets $11 Million from Whole Foods for her Bee Sweet Lemonade Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Six million Americans have lead-tainted water in homes, schools: report Black Health and Wellness 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : How 2 Million Jobs Can Be Created in the Black Community Black Money Business Jobs 1
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK MBA TURNS DOWN $500 MILLION BUYOUT Black Money Business Jobs 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Chicago police torture victims receive $5.5 million in Reparations Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Missouri Postal Workers Win $1 Million Lotto Prize Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : lebron signs $500 million lifetime deal with nike... Black Sports 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama pledges more than $100 million towards girls and women of color Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Million Student March Protesters Demand Tuition-Free College and Debt Cancellation Black Education / Schools 5
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : Minority Business Development Agency Puts $7.7 Million Toward New Business Centers Black Money Business Jobs 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Google.org gives $2.35 million to groups fighting for racial justice Black People Politics 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Law Suits: Woman Wins $10.9 Million In Discrimination Lawsuit Against The City Of Boston ... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3