Khasm13 : michelle obama the slave.....

Khasm13

STAFF
STAFF
Mar 26, 2003
Michelle Obama Slave Image: Racist Art?

A Spanish magazine's seminude homage to the first lady hits all the wrong notes.

I'm going to go out on a very sane limb here and argue that Michelle Obama will probably not love this. Since the Hottentot Venuses, African women whose "exotic" features were displayed like animals in zoos in 19th-century Europe, black women's bodies have been fetishized. Their bodies weren't perceived to have emotions or feelings. They were the physical embodiment of objectification. Sure, the Portrait d'une négresse seemed to reach beyond that narrative, but it lay firmly in the era of battling ideologies over a black woman's naked body, like public turf and not private property.
So literally painting one of the most recognizable black women into that canon is an obvious no-no. It's why Michelle Obama's nude seems more insidious than Percheron-Daniels' Photoshops of Queen Elizabeth and Princess Di. Those two women have the security blanket of a history that ostensibly sought to protect their white bodies. Michelle Obama and women who look like her have none of that.
But why should you care? I'd never heard of Magazine de Fuera de Serie before its offensive cover landed in my inbox. I don't have to pass it at the newsstands on my way to the subway or flip through it while under the dryer at the beauty salon. It's not on my radar, but then again, it is.
I have to live in an increasingly shrinking world in the skin I was given. I've been to Europe more than once and experienced "the eyes" that black women whisper about. The stares follow you from plaza to café to discotheque -- curious, unblinking and, most of all, hungry.

http://www.theroot.com/views/michelle-obama-slave-photo-racist-art?page=0,1&wpisrc=root_more_news

one love
khasm

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Could this be due to the fact that most races are not attuned to our race's history other than a surface level?

Peace!

Khasm13

STAFF
STAFF
Mar 26, 2003
i think it's because deep down most white people enjoy looking at us as slaves....
big bucks and jezabels...they like to imagine themselves having their way with us like their recent ancestors....

it's their nature...their perversions

one love
khasm

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
i think it's because deep down most white people enjoy looking at us as slaves....
big bucks and jezabels...they like to imagine themselves having their way with us like their recent ancestors....

it's their nature...their perversions

one love
khasm

Tur dat..

They talk all that smack but they bum rush the black section in the adult video stores. When video stores were big,some had an adult section and the black films generally stayed empty.

I know a lot of them is p..off that it's not like it was in slavery time. Who was that, Jefferson? Just think;he was so hooked that he didn't care what his wife thought, he was going to have him a sista.

Peace!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Ava DuVernay Pays Tribute To Michelle Obama's Slave Ancestor Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Michelle Obama leads tributes to former White House butler who died from coronavirus Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Michelle Obama: I Didn't Believe America Was Ready For A Black President Black People Politics 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Authors : Barack Obama Makes Surprise Appearance During Michelle's Book Tour Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Barack and Michelle Obama sign production deal with Netflix Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Michelle Obama Wore Her Natural Hair For The First Time Black People Doing Positive Things 3
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : michelle-obama-snapped-rocking-her-natural-hair Black People Doing Positive Things 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Watch first lady Michelle Obama's final White House speech OldSoul 0
HODEE Black People Politics : 2020.. MICHELLE _ OBAMA Black People Politics 0
nilevalley Black People : Ellen and Michelle Obama go shopping Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People Politics : Melania Trump Plagiarizes Michelle Obama Speech Black People Politics 45
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Michelle Obama Keeps It Real: 'I Wake Up In a House Built By Slaves' Black People Open Forum 6
Liberty Black People Politics : Racist Michelle Obama Cartoon Sparks Social Media Debate Black People Politics 37
Liberty Black Education / Schools : Go To College Music Video (with FIRST LADY MICHELLE OBAMA!) Black Education / Schools 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Michelle Obama Tells Young African Leaders: ‘The Blood Of Africa Runs Through My Veins’ Black People Politics 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Michelle Obama visits China Black People Politics 5
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Food Stamps Cuts: Michelle Obama Spends The SNAP Money On Healthy School Lunches Black People Politics 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Michelle Obama on Race, First Female President, Her Bangs Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Michelle Obama clashes with heckler at fundraiser Black People Politics 1
Alarm Clock Black Education / Schools : Michelle Obama Speaks at School with Tons of Rats, Leaking Ceilings and Paint Peeling from the Walls Black Education / Schools 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Michelle Obama praises Jackie Robinson movie Black Sports 12
Destee Black People Politics : Michelle Obama Convention Speech - 2012 Black People Politics 5
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : Secret Service investigating alleged threat by D.C. police officer against Michelle Obama Black People Politics 3
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : Michelle Obama's "All this for a **** flag" shown at three different speeds Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Michelle Obama helps break world record for jumping jacks Black People Doing Positive Things 11
Writeous1 Black People Politics : Michelle Obama Was Shopping At Target: Proof It Was A Staged Photo Opportunity Black People Politics 21
Proverbs31Woman Black People Politics : Outrage Flares As Michelle Obama Invites Common To White House To Read Poetry Black People Politics 11
Amnat77 Black Parenting : Michelle Obama on Facebook: I'm 'not a big fan of young kids having' it during 'Today Black Parenting 1
cherryblossom Black People Politics : Michelle Obama Related To A Rabbi Black People Politics 1
D Black People Politics : Did You Like Michelle Obama's Speech Last Night Black People Politics 12
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Michelle Obama Speaks Omowale Jabali 2
G Black People Politics : Michelle Obama Comes Under Attack? Black People Politics 2
candeesweet Black Poetry : Thank You Michelle... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : A Fresh Pair of Images from Sundance-Bound Barack & Michelle in 'Before Sunset'-Style Romance, 'Sout Black Entertainment 0
Keita Kenyatta Jails / Prisons : Michelle Alexander: More Black Men Are In Prison Today Than Were Enslaved In 1850 Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
OldSoul OldSoul : Michelle Alexander, author of "The New Jim Crow" - 2013 George E. Kent Lecture OldSoul 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys On How ‘The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete’ Became Michelle Obam Black Entertainment 0
S Black People : New Jim Crow - Michelle Alexander - Part 1 - Democracy Now! Black People Open Forum 19
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Yvette Michelle - everyday and everynight (1995) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : michelle alexander dissects the "war on drugs" Black People Open Forum 4
E Black People : Michelle Rhee Chancellor, District of Columbia Public Schools Black People Open Forum 44
Zulile Black Women : What Michelle Means to Us Black Women 20
T Black People : Why white America perhaps fears Michelle more than Barack Black People Open Forum 6
R Black People : LOOK OUT MICHELLE!!!! Black People Open Forum 22
A Black Entertainment : What's the matter with Michelle Williams? Black Entertainment 1
G Black Poetry : Rest In Peace...Michelle Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
C Black People : Barack Obama Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : Barack Obama Gives Advise To Protesters and took to social media to ‘bring about change’ for social injustice Black People Open Forum 2
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Obama DHS whistleblower found dead with gunshot wound in California Black People Politics 5
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : End of a decade: What the 2010s, Obama, Trump and Black Lives Matter meant for Americans African American History Culture 0