jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Amnat77 said:
Do initiates/readers of the metu neter read the cards themselves or do they consult a reader?
there seems to be a movement afoot to have people read themselves. everyone is doing their own thing.
i do not agree with that. i will always consult a priest for a reading.

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
jamesfrmphilly said:
there seems to be a movement afoot to have people read themselves. everyone is doing their own thing.
i do not agree with that. i will always consult a priest for a reading.

I agree; traditionally, consulting the oracle is usually done by another person, from what i was taught you cannot get an accurate reading by doing it your self.. your subconscious can sometimes inject your own wishes into the reading making it bias/inaccurate.

thx

Namaste'

MenNefer

Dec 30, 2006
Surrogate wisdom faculty

Amnat77 said:
I agree; traditionally, consulting the oracle is usually done by another person, from what i was taught you cannot get an accurate reading by doing it your self.. your subconscious can sometimes inject your own wishes into the reading making it bias/inaccurate.

thx

Namaste'
(I am always for balance if percievable) I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong about someone doing their own readings (The Cards are accessable by the society and the book does not deter those from doing so) but I do agree with guidance from elders or shepsu. One must seriously become familiar with the interelationships existing between the Neteru before doing either.

truetothecause

Feb 26, 2007
In the fantasy of Afreekan Unity
Occupation
The~rapist
jamesfrmphilly said:
Walking the spiritual path is a very subtle process; it is not something to jump into naively.

There are numerous sidetracks, which lead to a distorted, ego-centered version of spirituality;

we can deceive ourselves into 'thinking' we are developing spiritually

when instead we are strengthening our egocentricity

through spiritual techniques.

-Chogyam Trungpa

"Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism"
This is and interesting thought. It makes me wonder who/how do you ever really "trust" anyone:?: more importantly, how/when do I know when I DOING it to myself:?:....deceiving self I mean:?:

:hearts2:

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: