MESSAGE TO YOUNG BLACK MEN

OmowaleX

Jun 23, 2002
Aztlan
Occupation
Educator
How are you living? Do you have LOVE for Black people? How is this LOVE demonstrated in your WALK in Life? Are you all TALK or a MAN of Action? Are you hearing my questions today or are you reacting to what I ask? Why do some of you blame your Elders for your condition in Life? Before you blame others, are you taking advantange of every opportunity for advancement which has been afforded you?

If the answer to my last question is no, then you have no one to blame for the condition in which you find yourself. It is not the fault of your mother, your father, or your extended family if you, as a person, are a failure in life. If you are not able to secure meaningful employment what job skills have you obtained training for?

The way I was raised, I was taught to have respect for my Elders and that was one line that I was taught to never cross. If you were not raised in the same manner, then that says a lot about your upbringing, not mine.

I was taught to stand straight, pull myself up by my own efforts and that grooming is important. Do not blame me if you are shiftless, a slouch, a slacker, or choose to be a teenis shoe pimp with role models such as 50 cent or Jay Z. If you think it is cool to walk with your *** showing and with your slacks hanging to your knees don't blame me for your bad taste in fashion because your statement makes you a follow fashion monkey mimicking a studio gangster.

If you think that you have no right to respect your Elders and that it is the job of Elders to gain your respect...think again.

I don't owe you a **** thing. I have put in my time and have made it against all adversity and survived long enough to be considered by some to be an Elder. I have survived because of the RESPECT that I demonstrated to My ELDERS and it is with their Blessings that I have survived when so many of my peers have passed on to their various "THUG MANSIONS".

A sister told me last night to "Man Up" as I was discussing the nature of the conflict presently being demonstrated within our community. I would not be here today if I had not long ago "Manned Up". This is why I am speaking to you today, not as a Premium Member, but as one of the MASSES.

You can take my words or leave them alone. Or you can debate or argue my points. One thing for sure. I am done arguing with you or trying to prove anything to you. I have put in more than enough time trying to educate and mentor your generation. I now encourage you to do the same to those younger than yourself rather than blaming an older generation for the miserable condition in which some of you find yourselves.

Hotep!
Omowale.

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
Good Morning Elder:

This is the type of message that needs to be displayed on Television, not the Destee Family. The young men here at Destee have respect for their elders and themselves. I don't know of any young men here that are 'living a boy's life;' basically they are doing what elders have told them to do.

I grew up learning to respect my elders as well. However, those same elders who told me to respect them were the same ones who discouraged me, and told me that I was nothing, and I will never get anywhere. Does that sound like a true, caring elder to you? Then again, there is that selected few who does care. I've had moments where I had to pass by elders as they taught CHILDREN how to smoke weed, and I am looking at them like What the ......? Yes I loive my elders, and I have respect for them, but they need to do me a favor and perform their roles; nothing less. I learn more from an elder who works their way from the bottom-up, than I do an elder who goes from the top-down. My action is displayed in my character, and I will leave that for you to decide.

I'll let the other young ones pick up from here.

CD

Tantrum

Oct 26, 2005
Windy City
Occupation
Pos Technical Support
Well
I would say im living in the path of faith
Yet I am steered away many of times
I have a lot of love for black people
Yet dont always agree with much of what they do
I think I demonstrate my love for black people
In the things I have done in my life
I have a car club that has a chrity event every year
I am setting up a scholarship for black students
So I would say I am a man of action
I think a lot of people blame others for there condidtion
Because its easier than looking at one self
I think I naturally look at my surroundings before I make an assumption
Of what the cause of the problem is/Yet I have taken advantage
Of everything that has been laid out for me
I think anyone can obtain a job rather its the job they want or not
Yet I really dont think a lot of people have the job skills
To make it in todays marketplace....
A lot of people are easily influenced by what they see on tv
From Jay Z to 50cent/Yet I think Jay Z has changed a lot
From when he was first out from Reasonable Doubt to the Black Album
His perception and outlook are every different/He in my opinion is a good role model...He has shown youth they dont have to be in the streets to make it big...Shows he was there it gets you know where...So there are many outlets to getting paid and being successful...I think of him as the next Russell Simmons if there will ever be another...Yet I think 50cent is all about potraying a certain image to sell records and make a name for himself...He seems as if he needs the attention to get him going...He wants his name to constantly be in the limelight I guess thats todays society or thats just a man that hasnt learned what life and love really is so he needs death and hatred within...

I like the way you brought this
Powerful words very powerful

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
Tantrum said:
Well
I would say im living in the path of faith
Yet I am steered away many of times
I have a lot of love for black people
Yet dont always agree with much of what they do
I think I demonstrate my love for black people
In the things I have done in my life
I have a car club that has a chrity event every year
I am setting up a scholarship for black students
So I would say I am a man of action
I think a lot of people blame others for there condidtion
Because its easier than looking at one self
I think I naturally look at my surroundings before I make an assumption
Of what the cause of the problem is/Yet I have taken advantage
Of everything that has been laid out for me
I think anyone can obtain a job rather its the job they want or not
Yet I really dont think a lot of people have the job skills
To make it in todays marketplace....
A lot of people are easily influenced by what they see on tv
From Jay Z to 50cent/Yet I think Jay Z has changed a lot
From when he was first out from Reasonable Doubt to the Black Album
His perception and outlook are every different/He in my opinion is a good role model...He has shown youth they dont have to be in the streets to make it big...Shows he was there it gets you know where...So there are many outlets to getting paid and being successful...I think of him as the next Russell Simmons if there will ever be another...Yet I think 50cent is all about potraying a certain image to sell records and make a name for himself...He seems as if he needs the attention to get him going...He wants his name to constantly be in the limelight I guess thats todays society or thats just a man that hasnt learned what life and love really is so he needs death and hatred within...

I like the way you brought this
Powerful words very powerful

Look forward to it. A scholarship would sure help me right about now.

CD

Tantrum

Oct 26, 2005
Windy City
Occupation
Pos Technical Support
Yes once my site is up
I will have it there
Will be a $2500 scholarship
Will require a 2.5 or better gpa
A resume and of course
An essay on "Staring Your Own Business"
It was at first geared towards entrepreneaurs if I spelled that write
I took the class and had a hard time with that word
But I wanted it to be open to all majors
And men and woman as well of black race
So I will pm you the information once its available...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Keita Kenyatta Black People : MESSAGE TO EVERY YOUNG BLACK PERSON Pt. 2 Black People Open Forum 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : MESSAGE TO EVERY YOUNG BLACK PERSON Black People Open Forum 5
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : A Message to ALL Young Black Minds. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 13
C Black People : A Message To Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
Al D Black People : One Message One Messenger One Song: The Bigger Picture by Lil Baby Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : A Divine Message To The Black Afrikans In America Not By Choice!!! Black People Open Forum 0
Derrick Simmons Black Children : Message to the Lil’ Homies Black Children 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Bees Are Dropping Dead in Brazil and Sending a Message to Humans Black Health and Wellness 0
OldSoul Black People : A Message From the Future With AOC Black People Open Forum 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : BRAND NEW CLOTH: Deep Message About the NEW MOVEMENTS in the past Christian Study Group 0
IFE Black People Politics : Ivanka Trump tries to hop on Oprah’s #MeToo message. #MeToo says no thanks. Black People Politics 3
jamesfrmphilly Support : i keep getting error message... Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : A Message of Hope During These Tender Times Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul Black People : Tracee Ellis Ross has a message for you. Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : Message to the Messengers _ Explicit ( POWERFUL POEM / LYRICS) Black People Open Forum 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Message Of A Cross Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : "Message to the Movement Against Donald Trump: Let the Empire Die" Black People Politics 0
nilevalley Black People : For world in turmoil a message of "hope" Black People Open Forum 1
river Black People : Message from Brotha Oldsoul about Today's Class Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama delivers stern message to Trump Black People Politics 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Sending the wrong message on Black history month AACOOLDRE 0
IFE Black Poetry : A Message From Your Unconscious Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Alex Jones message to farrakan AACOOLDRE 0
Monetary Support : Error Message for Video Chat Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 1
Enki Black Poetry : A Message to America From Black America Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
OldSoul OldSoul : Special Message From OldSoul OldSoul 1
F Black Hebrew Israelites : Message to the Yisraelites Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Temptations - Message From A Black Man Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Black People : Cosmic Message For Today Black People Open Forum 5
OldSoul OldSoul : Message to Black Dads: A New Father's Day Tradition OldSoul 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : NC protests split on Bible's message to help poor Christian Study Group 9
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Message To The Strong Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Message to black men and women Black People Open Forum 5
N Black Spirituality Religion : Were the Jews embracing Paul's message Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Angela22 Black People : How many posts needed to message others? Black People Open Forum 36
river Poetry Discussion : Message for 1poetsought Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Grandmaster Flash - The Message Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
B The Front Porch : A Positive Message From A Black Hebrew The Front Porch 13
skuderjaymes Black People : Norway sends strong message to muslims: sentences mass murder of Muslims to 10 years. Black People Open Forum 2
AuthorLady Black People : A Message For White Folks: Black People Aren't Racist... Black People Open Forum 14
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Whatnauts - Message From A Black Man Black People Open Forum 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : A New Millennium Message To The Keepers Of Truth Black People Open Forum 11
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Message 2 Black Men: "The White Woman is the Last Trick of the Devil" Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Martin Luther King Anti War Message still relevant Today Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : Do You Think The Term Nig### Should Be Used Here on a Black Black Message Board Black People Open Forum 7
info-moetry Black People : Do you think the term NEGRO should be used here on a black message board? Black People Open Forum 225
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: MFSB, Love is the Message Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
RAPTOR Audio Video Web Conferencing : Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five - The Message Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Knowledge Seed Black People : A Message to Women-haters Black People Open Forum 10
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : MFSB - Love Is The Message (NYC Remix) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0