Black Men : Men With Manis and Pedis, Is That Cool?

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
I don't mind when a guy grooms himself and does it well; just don't do it like a female does it, because that bothers me. But I like guys to be a little rough around the edges anyhow.
I expect my man to keep his nails clean and trimmed. His hands always look nice to me. He does them himself. I also like a guy to look a little rough around the edges, like he could change a tire or something without worrying about breaking a nail. I know a few metrosexual guys. They get salon manis and pedis, carry man purses, dress to the nines, etc. I know they aren't gay, they're cool people, but I don't find them attractive as men. But, there are some women who wouldn't have a man who wasn't that way. They go to the salon together even.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
The examples you have outlined are extremes. And not cool. Metrosexuals aren't real men

They seem extreme, huh?

I used to think so too, until I found out there are NBA players doing this too, now. Instead of calling it extreme, I consider it a new trend. Who would have thought men would be walking around with their butts showing one day? When Snoop's doing it and pro ballers are doing it, you can bet teenagers will soon start to emulate the trend.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Athletic dudes' girly little secret: the pedi

Earlier this week, New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow was photographed at an L.A. salon, where he indulged in a mani-pedi.

Pedicures have a reputation for being a girls-only activity -- but recently, a few high-profile male athletes are helping to bust that stereotype.

For those who play sports and have an active lifestyle, a pedicure is less a luxury and more about keeping their feet in great shape. The Wall Street Journal recently reported that
Dwyane Wade, the Miami Heat shooting guard, gets "sports pedicures," which is what some salons call a no-frills foot treatment designed for the pedi-hesitant man or woman. And this week, photos surfaced online suggesting that quarterback Tim Tebow occasionally indulges, too.

According to Dr. Howard Osterman, the team podiatrist for the
Washington Wizards basketball team, a handful of his team's players get pedicures every six weeks during the season.

Players consider it necessary in terms of foot health and reducing their risk of injury, he suggests. "They're not the least bit embarrassed, and they see it as part of their training program," Osterman says. "It's as much medical as it is cosmetic."

http://www.today.com/health/athletic-dudes-girly-little-secret-pedi-681903

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
To Buff Up Before Games, NBA Stars Hit the Nail Salon

OAKLAND, Calif.— Harrison Barnes can go almost nowhere these days without being recognized. Mr. Barnes is a 6-foot-8 starter for the Golden State Warriors, the beloved basketball team here, and the Bay Area is so antsy with NBA Finals excitement that he stands out nearly everywhere he goes.

But there is still one place where Mr. Barnes is anonymous among the other clientele: the nail salon.

Last week, on a quiet afternoon before the Finals began, Mr. Barnes walked into the organic spa down the street from the team’s practice gym. He plopped into a leather chair, rolled up his sweatpants and dipped his toes into a pool of warm water. It was time for his pre-Finals pedicure.

“I even wore my Warriors stuff,” he said. “They don’t say anything. It’s totally great.”

Mr. Barnes isn’t the only player who takes pains to primp. Golden State guard Justin Holiday was sitting for his own pedicure in the next seat. They say they stop by this salon about once every three weeks. But another Warriors player, Leandro Barbosa, has them beat. He says he comes every week.

“My feet’s ugly, man,” Mr. Barbosa said.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/to-buff-up-before-games-nba-stars-hit-the-nail-salon-1433981351

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
i think more and more men are cool with getting manis and pedis

i saw where Judge Mathis had his fingernails shining with some clear polish on 'em

likewise ... women are doing more manly things too ... liking taking out the trash ... :)

lookout world

:heart:

Destee

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.