Black Relationships : Meeting/Dating someone from the internet

legit-writer

Dec 12, 2002
Has anyone ever done so? If so, when talking to a guy/girl on line, and on the phone and all that stuff, how can you tell if he is truly interested in you? Or can you tell at all? I've heard 'success' stories about meeting people. I've heard horrible stories about it. And I have heard about those who had bad experiences, and then came across that 'right' one who is finally legit. How can you tell you are getting played with and if they're actually for real about you?

Well here's my situation in case you're curious as to why I asked the question aforementioned. I've had my share of messed up experiences meeting a guy from the internet. So I took a break from it for a while I've been talking to someone for a few months now. I actually like this guy, for real because he seems to understand how I operate, as I understand him. We live in separate states, but within reasonable driving distance once we get ready to meet in person which will be in November. We used to talk a lot, but now we don't talk as much. Yet he says he's very interested in me, and that he has a feeling that things are going to work out between us.

Well here's a little scoop on him. He's a correctional officer, who has said that he had got out of a relationship with a girl a couple of months ago due to the fact that he suspects foul play on her end. Yet, they still keep in touch. He has a son, which he has asked if me and him were together, would I accept that fact he has a son. Him and the child's mother talk to keep in touch as far as the child, or so he says, so I don't say much about that. However, just a few days ago, his page says he was engaged. I brought it to his attention and he was all calm and cool about it, saying that he doesn't know how it got like that, and he said he was going to do something about that once he gets the chance to get back online. But going back to the girl I mentioned that he dated prior to talking to me, I ran across her page as well, and it says that she is engaged to this man and she has a photo of her and him together. His page doesn't have photos like that, just photos of him. I ask him how often does he talk to her and he said every other day but they don't talk long. So I said okay.

We've seen each other on cam and it's obvious he lives alone. We used to talk for hours and now we only talk for like an half an hour at the most. He also recently said he is going to take on a job as a bouncer at a club, so that is going to take more time away from us talking, and I told him I was concerned about that. He explained to me that that is not going to effect us, and went on to say that he is taking on this additional job to make up the difference in funds he loses when it comes to bills, and that he is only going to be working two nights per week. Adding to that, he said that he will call me at every break he can get just like he does at his current job. I ask him questions to make sure I'm not setting myself up for failure....again! He says I could ask him anything, just be ready for an answer... So far he seems to have an answer ready when I ask him questions, but my thing is how to know if he is lying or playing games.... oh and by the way, he says he doesn't have time for games because he doesn't want that done to him.

Sorry this got lengthy but I didn't think I could get any sleep until I got that off my chest, but going back to the question I asked at the beginning in case you got lost in my thread, how can you tell when someone is truly interested in you? I mean there has to be some way to tell, because like I said, there have been success stories where no one was playing games, despite the situations they could be in, like the one I mentioned in this thread. Also, what are THE questions I should ask him that will help me determine whether or not he's real or he needs to be let go.... Thanks for those who read this!!!!!

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Sister Legit-Writer ... peace and blessings ... :love:

I think it's great that you are asking questions, seeking counsel, advice, guidance, in what could be a life threatening situation.

Very very good Sister! :)

My advice is to be very careful, and realize, that ANYONE CAN SAY ANYTHING with their mouth.

Just because a person says a thing, does not mean it is true.

Therefore, in addition to what they say, you should have some additional, supporting evidence, to go along with those words.

Here are some threads i started, that sorta speak to this topic. You might find info in them helpful.

Have You Had Sex With Someone You Met Online?

Getting Her Sex The First Time You Meet

Just be careful Sister. Don't make it easy for someone to take advantage of you, your hope, your kindness, your weaknesses, your vulnerabilities, etc.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
A dawg is a dawg online or offline...

I've met guys that I've dated from online...To me they are no different then someone I've met offline.

People can make up stuff anywhere they want. It is easier to do it online and if they live far away. But that's a risk you take.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor John Gray among black ministers receive backlash for meeting with Trump on prison reform Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : Meeting orally Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Seychelles : Blackwater founder held secret Seychelles meeting to establish Trump-Putin back channel Seychelles 2
Liberty Africa : An annual Africa trade meeting was held with no Africans. Visas for all 100 African delegates were d All Things Africa 2
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: T.I. - Blast Kanye West And Steve Harvey For Meeting With Donald Trump Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : omarosa-leads-trump-team-meeting-with-black-leaders Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Pastors Tell Trump Their Meeting With him on Monday is Not an Endorsement Black People Politics 38
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : wanda robinson - the meeting place Black Entertainment 0
dunwiddat African American History Culture : Barbados - A Meeting Turn - A Black Tradition African American History Culture 8
S Black People : Media Refuses To Cover Bilderberger Anual Meeting Black People Open Forum 50
OldSoul OldSoul : Ohio Homeowners Storm Chase Shareholders Meeting OldSoul 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Silk - Meeting In My Bedroom (Video) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
N Black Relationships : Meeting Consciuos Singles Black Relationships 5
B Destee Network : Want to meeting people on the internet. Destee Network : 0
ocacia Black People : THE MEETING TO END ALL MEETINGS Black People Open Forum 7
P Black People : PBS host Smiley calls meeting to urge black agenda Black People Open Forum 21
Fine1952 Black People : The Secret Meeting...! Black People Open Forum 12
I Black Spirituality Religion : Obama Meeting with PIMPS! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
river Black People Politics : Obama and Hillbillary Hold Secret Meeting Black People Politics 10
Destee Africa : China and Mugabe Dominate EU-Africa Meeting All Things Africa 0
T Audio Video Web Conferencing : R.N.A. Meeting Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
G Black People : Untouchable, Unconquerable, Bullet Proof Truthful Souls-Meeting w/Chief Osiris Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : A Meeting of Rhymes Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
G Black People : Mumia Abu-Jamal; Muslim Unity Meeting; Muslim Mobilization for ERA Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Brother's Only Chat : Feb 5th meeting / Brothers chat in brotherhooding Black Men 2
T Black Relationships : Meeting the Parents... Black Relationships 5
Destee Black Relationships : Already A Couple After Meeting @ destee Black Relationships 16
M Black Poetry : Meeting The Challenge Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
I Black Poetry : The Meeting in the Middle Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
P The Meeting Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 6
Destee Black People : OUR FIRST TOWN MEETING! Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People : OUR FIRST TOWN MEETING! Black People Open Forum 2
Destee The Front Porch : OUR FIRST TOWN MEETING! The Front Porch 1
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Meeting Place Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Destee Black People : Family Meeting! Black People Open Forum 14
P Black People : U. S. Marine & 12 Yr Old Disappear After Meeting on the Internet Black People Open Forum 9
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Meeting at nightfall Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Destee Black Poetry : We Need A Family Meeting! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 26
Maria55 The Front Porch : What are your experiences dating from the age of 55 - 65? The Front Porch 0
Kemetstry Black Relationships : WOMEN WHO MAKE THE 1ST MOVE HAVE MORE DATING SUCCESS Black Relationships 0
Destee Black Relationships : Online Dating App Murders - Be Careful - It Can Cost Your Life Black Relationships 4
D Black Relationships : White Guy Dating Black Girl Black Relationships 7
Therious Black Relationships : Is IR dating a slow death for black ppl? Black Relationships 21
dunwiddat Black Relationships : When dating is age just a number Black Relationships 13
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : Set and Anat - The Dating of 'The Contendings of Heru and Set' - homosexuality not in Kamit Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
KPITRL Black People : Are dating sites and the club scene designed to keep people single? Black People Open Forum 77
ru2religious Black People : Black men dating racist white women. Black People Open Forum 387
Feather Black People : Benefit of Dating Men/Women with Children Black People Open Forum 4
MsInterpret Black Relationships : 10 Dos and Don'ts for Online Dating Black Relationships 3
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : JADEN DATING A KARDASHIAN Black Entertainment 0