OldSoul : Meet the only Black woman who owns a legal weed dispensary in Colorado

OldSoul

Permanent Black Man
PREMIUM MEMBER
May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive
Meet the incredible Wanda James, the only black woman who owns a legal weed dispensary in Colorado. And after you meet her, meet her brother, Rick, who was thrown in jail for years for possession of marijuana.

Wanda James describes herself and her husband, Scott Durrah, as "serial entrepreneurs." They've owned restaurants, consulting companies, and they are the first African American dispensary owners in Colorado. However, the goal is more than just bringing pot to the people. In the mid-nineties, James became viscerally aware of the issues surrounding cannabis and the arrest of young black men when her brother was sentenced to 10 years for possession at the age of 17.

"The reason why my husband and I are in this industry is to bring light and awareness to the issues surrounding social justice," she says in this documentary produced by Kelly Loudenberg for The Atlantic's American Dreams series. "We have massive issues with the people who are arrested that look like us for simple possession." James and Durrah's dispensary is set to open at the end of 2015, and they also plan to open a marijuana cooking school next door.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Meet the incredible Wanda James, the only black woman who owns a legal weed dispensary in Colorado. And after you meet her, meet her brother, Rick, who was thrown in jail for years for possession of marijuana.

Wanda James describes herself and her husband, Scott Durrah, as "serial entrepreneurs." They've owned restaurants, consulting companies, and they are the first African American dispensary owners in Colorado. However, the goal is more than just bringing pot to the people. In the mid-nineties, James became viscerally aware of the issues surrounding cannabis and the arrest of young black men when her brother was sentenced to 10 years for possession at the age of 17.

"The reason why my husband and I are in this industry is to bring light and awareness to the issues surrounding social justice," she says in this documentary produced by Kelly Loudenberg for The Atlantic's American Dreams series. "We have massive issues with the people who are arrested that look like us for simple possession." James and Durrah's dispensary is set to open at the end of 2015, and they also plan to open a marijuana cooking school next door.

Very interesting topic, its so interesting, this Thread Discussion was started to find out why so few of us participating in illegitimate smoking aren't involved in legitimate associations with weed ...

Why Blacks aren't getting into the Lucrative Cannabis Business
Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 25, 2015
https://destee.com/threads/why-blac...ve-cannabis-business.83394/page-5#post-932873

JAMAAL

Jul 1, 2012
DETROIT, MI
Very interesting topic, its so interesting, this Thread Discussion was started to find out why so few of us participating in illegitimate smoking aren't involved in legitimate associations with weed ...

Why Blacks aren't getting into the Lucrative Cannabis Business
Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 25, 2015
https://destee.com/threads/why-blac...ve-cannabis-business.83394/page-5#post-932873

Why do blacks have to get into an mj business? I thought that the purpose of this 6,000 year period was to gather the 144,000 elect and end the cycle (as described in Black Roots Science)? What does mj have to do with that? Isn't our purpose as Israelites (blacks in America) greater in universal scale than some tiny mj business? Black Roots aka afrknroots dedicated his time to give us a detailed history and prophesy about the future of the world. Why are we sleeping on it?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Why do blacks have to get into an mj business? I thought that the purpose of this 6,000 year period was to gather the 144,000 elect and end the cycle (as described in Black Roots Science)? What does mj have to do with that? Isn't our purpose as Israelites (blacks in America) greater in universal scale than some tiny mj business? Black Roots aka afrknroots dedicated his time to give us a detailed history and prophesy about the future of the world. Why are we sleeping on it?

Although marijuana is a plant which has medicinal purposes, such as treatment for glaucoma, anesthetic etc., and Black Roots is also a plant, used for:

Black root is a plant. It grows in the US and Canada and has a bitter and nauseating taste. People use the underground stem (rhizome) and the root as medicine.

Black root is used for ongoing constipation and disorders of the liver and gallbladder. It is also used to cause vomiting.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-796-black root.aspx?activeingredientid=796&activeingredientname=black root

... is the Black Root plant associated in any way with the religion of Black Roots Science, just curious?

Next question, is the leader of Black Roots Science available and still going with this ideology? I ask because of the following:

Around 2004, the author of Blackroots Science, seeking to bring ancient knowledge out to fellow Muurs, began posting the information on online forums such as Destee under pseudonyms such as, 'INTRIG', 'afrknroots' and 'Blackroots'/'blkroots'. For the past 6,000 years, much of the information in Blackroots Science has only been taught in secret oral & initiation traditions in certain tribes of Ethiopia (aka Africa). One of those tribes is the author's tribe of Batswana. Brother Afrknroots, a griot in his tribe, was given permission to make the information public in written form as now is the time Muurians everywhere must remember their true selves as this 6,000 year cycle of self-forgetfulness winds to a close.
http://muurroots-science.blogspot.com/p/about-blackroots-science.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Congress Members to meet with FBI Director over ‘Black Identity Extremists’ memo Black People Politics 1
Liberty Black People Politics : Meet Bernie Sanders: Where the Black Voter Fits Into His Ambitious Plan Black People Politics 5
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Black Pastors Meet In Secret Concerning Afrika!!! Chief Elder Osiris 2
SkinTone Health and Wellness : Best Time to Meet Folk Black Health and Wellness 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Meet the woman who beat Kendall, Gigi, Bella and Kaia for Model of the Year Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 1
R Black Poetry : Rap to fans and adapt plans to meet new circumstances then speak get true romances and get a crew of chances to get dates this add milk to his thrilli Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
TotalView Black Poetry : Meet Smooth (cinquain) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul Black People : Meet Kelvin Cochran, he was fired from his job as fire chief of Atlanta for expressing his faith Black People Open Forum 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Meet the 20-year-old African-American woman making US Military Academy history Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Liberia : Meet The Multi-millionaire Who Wants To Be President Of Liberia replacing Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Liberia 18
Liberty Black Positive People : Meet The CEO Building A $75 Million Global Landmark For African American History Black People Doing Positive Things 0
freddie48 Black People Politics : British PM Theresa May to meet Trump on Friday — White House Black People Politics 1
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Meet Cory Booker's Top Donor Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black Education / Schools : Meet the DeVos family — super-wealthy right-wingers working with the religious right to destroy publ Black Education / Schools 74
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Meet Granddad: Weird, Ancient Reptile Gave Rise to Mammals Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Meet Bozoma Saint John, the Apple executive who stole the show at WWDC Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Meet Miss USA: Deshauna Barber Is First Military Service Member to Take Crown Black People Doing Positive Things 0
L Black Relationships : Breaking Up ... what is the best way to meet someone new? Black Relationships 31
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The spark of life: Science and the Bible meet again Science and Technology 1
A Black Men : Where can I meet and greet anyone and learn more about the Nation of Gods and Earths. Black Men 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Nigeria : Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Is Building The Fashion Amazon Of Africa Nigeria 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Israel's Netanyahu declines offer to meet with Obama: White House Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Meet President Obama's Nominee for Librarian of Congress Black People Politics 0
LookingForward Black Education / Schools : Meet Esther Okade, The 10-Year-Old College Student Working On Her PhD Black Education / Schools 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Candace Hill - Meet The 16 Year Old Who Just Became U.S.’s Fastest Girl Ever Black Sports 2
Liberty Science and Technology : Meet The African-American Billionaire Businessman Who's Richer Than Michael Jordan Science and Technology 54
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Meet the woman who turned a school bus into a mobile financial literacy hub Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Meet the 29-year-old YouTuber who turned her natural hair into a massive career opportunity Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Scott Walker Fumbles On America's Race Issue - Meet Sheriff David Clarke Black People Politics 6
RAPTOR Black Positive People : Meet Sada Mire: the First Somali Archeologist known to the World Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Kemetstry Black Positive People : SISTER WINS GOLD AT WORLD SWIM MEET Black People Doing Positive Things 4
SuperCerebralgal The Front Porch : Nice to Meet You ALL, Destee forum!! The Front Porch 7
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : meet me on the moon Black Entertainment 0
BlaqStalley The Front Porch : Hey DESTEE BlaqueStalley here... I'm here to meet new people & brooding my mind & soul The Front Porch 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Meet the Impeachment Crowd: 6 Republicans Who Want Obama Out Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Meet 7-foot-5 Tacko 'Taco' Fall, the nation's tallest high school basketball player Black Sports 2
Kemetstry Black People : MEET THE NEW MISS ISREAL Black People Open Forum 7
jamesfrmphilly South Africa : meet south africas pro-twerk team South Africa 8
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Lovers Meet Short Stories - Authors - Writing 30
candeesweet Quiet Poetry Lounge : Already Meet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Black People : NAACP AND KKK MEET Black People Open Forum 5
MsInterpret Black Positive People : Long Lost Sisters Reunited at Track Meet Black People Doing Positive Things 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Meet Your Mama: First Ancestor of All Placental Mammals Revealed Science and Technology 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Meet Rex: the $1m bionic man with working heart, set of lungs and human face Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul OldSoul : This is an invitation, across the nation, A chance for folks to meet. OldSoul 7
Destee Black Atheists : Do Atheists Meet - Come Together for Study / Growth? Atheist Study Group 70
Ankhur Black People : I this 2011 G20 meet, a qourum for broke US & EU to Carve Up Africa? Black People Open Forum 0
P The Front Porch : How can i meet a Teacher? am very serious please help me The Front Porch 10
T Black Spirituality Religion : DESTEE.COM MEET JEREMIAH CAMARA Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Chevron Dove Black Christians : I Wonder~Did I Meet the Arch Angels Michael & Gabriel~ Christian Study Group 1