Black Muslims : Mass Incarceration + Silence = Genocide

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
WOW! WHEW!

Thank you for posting this.

Cornell West was off the hook!

One of the many things he said, I loved this:

" ...Anytime you talk about the crimes in America and...mass incarcertaion... it takes us back to the initial crimes of White Supremacist mistreatment of our precious indigenous brothers and sister, that ought to be in the rules for us to acknowledge the road that they had to go through in order for in order for America to become America..."

And I love what the brother before him also said, of which I sincerely believe must always be aprt of the struggle in regards to breaking this issue of mass incarceration. I believe that the American educational system has a direct connection to the prison systems, and if that isn't address with just as much vigor as the movement against mass incarceration, then I don't see how we can get a full victory.

It's just like Michelle Alexander said in an earlier interview in which she mentioned how Blacks get a record for things that Whites don't and they do the same thing, and it has to do with racial profiling, and this ties into how these schools are being set up!

I agreed with brother Cornel as well, on what he said. He is one of the few taking on the unjust policies of this government.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
I am interested in reading what you write about John Horse, and have heard about him and Oceola, and how Oceolo went to retrieve Black john Horse when he was taken by force.
John Horse was never "taken by force" nor did Oceolo ever "retrieve" him.

Oceolo, War Chief of the Seminole nation (which did NOT practice "American-style" slavery) started the 2nd Seminole War against the U.S. Army to retrieve his 100% AFRICAN wife after SHE was seized and taken by force...

..... and got her back. :byebye:

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
This thread keeps getting off topic. I started this thread to focus on:" Mass Incarceration + Silence = Genocide, not Obama or why some people detest others. If you don't have anything to share concerning the topic of the thread, you can always start your own thread and discuss what you like. Thanks so much.
Please read the above.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
This thread keeps getting off topic. I started this thread to focus on:" Mass Incarceration + Silence = Genocide, not Obama or why some people detest others. If you don't have anything to share concerning the topic of the thread, you can always start your own thread and discuss what you like. Thanks so much.
Obama is the President of the United States. As the country's highest elected official, he is of necessity an INTEGRAL part of any conversation about the mass incarceration of blacks. IMHO, ommitting discussion of the President and his programs, practices and "mega-plex incarceration unit" in Illinois would be unconsciousable.

I wrote of disagreeing with Cornell West for the same reason others have written posts in agreement with him, i.e., for expressing his opinion on mass incarceration in several posted videos on the topic.

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
Obama is the President of the United States. As the country's highest elected official, he is of necessity an INTEGRAL part of any conversation about the mass incarceration of blacks. IMHO, ommitting discussion of the President and his programs, practices and "mega-plex incarceration unit" in Illinois would be unconsciousable.

I wrote of disagreeing with Cornell West for the same reason others have written posts in agreement with him, i.e., for expressing his opinion on mass incarceration in several posted videos on the topic.

Actually I agree with you Khadijah more so then you know, [concerning the President] but it seem to offend some people [on this forum] very much speaking negative about the President. So out of respect for these elders [which includes my mother] I will not do so.

And, I would like to keep this thread on topic.

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
John Horse was never "taken by force" nor did Oceolo ever "retrieve" him.

Oceolo, War Chief of the Seminole nation (which did NOT practice "American-style" slavery) started the 2nd Seminole War against the U.S. Army to retrieve his 100% AFRICAN wife after SHE was seized and taken by force...

..... and got her back. :byebye:
I think you've misunderstood me about Oceolo and Black John Horse. I know the Seminole War and about Oceolo's African wife that was seized and taken put into slavery and how Oceolo got her back. I know that the Seminole broke off from the Creek Nation and migrated to Florida, and based on my research, they are no different than some of the Sioux nations you spoke about in how they can be racist, yes, even the Seminole of today.

The Seminole have the same divisions that the Sioux Nation you spoke about.

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
Please read the above.

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
I agreed with brother Cornel as well, on what he said. He is one of the few taking on the unjust policies of this government.
I absolutely agree. He spoke so well about how this nation benefitted from 'our brothers and sisters' in regards to America being abel to set up, and about the enslavement and etc. and all this ties into this prisons system and mass incarceration. I just love how he hammered the issue of how White Surpemacy is behind all of this. He is a very powerful speaker.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Actually I agree with you Khadijah more so then you know, [concerning the President] but it seem to offend some people [on this forum] very much speaking negative about the President. So out of respect for these elders [which includes my mother] I will not do so.

And, I would like to keep this thread on topic.
It is my considered opinion that to speak the TRUTH is the opposite of "negative"; that to lie, evade, to dismiss TRUTH is what is negative. It is my considered opinion as well that what we would flame a white person for doing, we should NOT give a pass to a black person who does the very same thing. Thusly, it is my considered opinion that to leave President Obama out of any conversation about mass incarceration when his administration has proposed building the biggest monument to mass incarceration in history is negativity personified as it does violence to the truth.

With the exception of one "correction" (to which I posted the "bye bye" emoticon at the end of, signaling end of convo), every word I've written on this thread has been ON-topic.

Chevron Dove

I will talk to you later about the Black Seminoles and the historical Red Seminoles. That side convo, along with any opinion of Cornel West and his anti-black talk of "our precious Native American brothers and sisters" in relationship to mass incarceration of African-Americans has been adjudicated Off Topic.... unless, of course, you "agree" with West. :)

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
It is my considered opinion that to speak the TRUTH is the opposite of "negative"; that to lie, evade, to dismiss TRUTH is what is negative. It is my considered opinion as well that what we would flame a white person for doing, we should NOT give a pass to a black person who does the very same thing. Thusly, it is my considered opinion that to leave President Obama out of any conversation about mass incarceration when his administration has proposed building the biggest monument to mass incarceration in history is negativity personified as it does violence to the truth.

With the exception of one "correction" (to which I posted the "bye bye" emoticon at the end of, signaling end of convo), every word I've written on this thread has been ON-topic.

Chevron Dove

I will talk to you later about the Black Seminoles and the historical Red Seminoles. That side convo, along with any opinion of Cornel West and his anti-black talk of "our precious Native American brothers and sisters" in relationship to mass incarceration of African-Americans has been adjudicated Off Topic.

ok.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍