Black Muslims : Mass Incarceration + Silence = Genocide

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
Eric Holder's Ploy to Divert Attention from Obama's Expanded Prisons Budget

Tue, 04/16/2013 - 23:56 — Glen Ford

A Black Agenda Radio commentary by executive editor Glen Ford
Attorney General Eric Holder claims to have just discovered racial disparities in prosecution and sentencing in the United States. That’s like Robert E. Lee claiming to be surprised at the existence of slavery. Holder is making noises like a prison reformer to divert attention from the fact that Obama’s budget calls for increased funding for prisons, in the midst of austerity. It’s a con game.

Holder claims to have experienced a revelation about the impact of race on crime and punishment in this country.”
Eric Holder Holder has been the top law enforcement officer of the United States for more than four years, overseeing a federal prison system of almost 220,000 inmates and with responsibility to protect the rights of two million more prisoners under state and local jurisdiction. All of these populations are disproportionately Black – and have been so for longer than Eric Holder has been alive. Yet, the attorney general pretends to have only just discovered that prosecutors are tougher on Black defendants, and that judges give Blacks longer sentences than whites for the same crimes. Is it really even remotely plausible, that racial disparities in prosecution and sentencing are news to our attorney general? Or did Holder think that the mostly Black audience at Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network, where he made the remarks, was full of idiots?
(Well, then again, they do follow Al Sharpton, and might believe anything.)
Still, Eric Holder has some nerve, acting as if he’s a newcomer to the criminal justice system when, in fact, the buck stops with him and President Obama when it comes to law and order in the United States. Now in his and Obama’s second term, Holder claims to have experienced a revelation about the impact of race on crime and punishment in this country. With a straight face, he declared: “It is time to ask ourselves some fundamental questions about our criminal justice system.”
He is requesting more money for the federal prison system.”
Actually, Holder is a couple of centuries late in asking those questions, which have been answered over and over again in studies and reports too numerous to mention, virtually all of which have concluded that Blacks are surveilled and stopped more than whites, charged with harsher offenses than whites for the same behavior, prosecuted more vigorously, sentenced to more time for the same crimes, and forced to serve their sentences in worse conditions. These are facts that have been established through generations of research. Holder’s pretense of ignorance is beyond contempt. The next thing you know, Obama’s Secretary of Labor will claim to have just discovered that Black unemployment has been roughly twice that of whites for most of the last half century.
Holder is simply following his boss’s lead. The Obama style is to make little noises or gestures that appear vaguely liberal – like acknowledging the existence of unfairness – and then turn around and do something that makes the situation worse. For instance, Obama gave lots of eloquent speeches on the vital role that Social Security and other entitlements play in society –and then wound up trying to gut these same programs. Even as Obama cuts deep into the bone and marrow of vital government services, he is requesting more money for the federal prison system, including funding for a brand new state-of-the-art supermax prison in illinois that will house 400 inmates in solitary confinement – that is, in a perpetual state of torture. The Bureau of Prisons, which Eric Holder oversees, would get a 4 percent increase in funding. Holder is pretending to be some kind of babe in the woods, or even a closet prison reformer, to divert attention from the fact that this is a pro-prison administration.
For Black Agenda Radio, I’m Glen Ford. On the web, go to BlackAgendaReport.com.
BAR executive editor Glen Ford can be contacted at [email protected].

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Eric Holder Holder has been the top law enforcement officer of the United States for more than four years, overseeing a federal prison system of almost 220,000 inmates and with responsibility to protect the rights of two million more prisoners under state and local jurisdiction. All of these populations are disproportionately Black – and have been so for longer than Eric Holder has been alive.
But only "barely." In the 1950s, there were more white men in prison than black. It was only with the advent of the Civil Rights Movement that the push was on to get rid of agitators and "potential" agitators demanding their rights by locking ALL (or as many as possible without revolution) black men up.

As for the rest.... time to stop giving the first black president a pass.

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
Interesting question that. But as I didn't vote her into any office, it doesn't matter (since I don't know her, personally). No, the attitude that matters is that of her husband, the man I did vote for POTUS. And, if I had to do it all over, I'd still vote for him. Only diff is that this time, I'd be voting AGAINST McCain and then Romney, rather than FOR the black man in the white house.

And your vanity, vanity, vanity notation is prolly on target. Obama always wanted to be POTUS. A lawyer friend told me that when Obama first applied for his job with the law firm he met Michelle at, that he stood up in a room of new hires and said he would one day be President (of course, all those white folk laughed at him behind closed doors). In all his wanting to be President, however, he never once said he wanted to be president to help black people. Thus, it was most certainly "vanity," i.e., a fulfillment of his personal ambition.
I think I understand what you are saying and its great to see you share how you based your beliefs. I believe that you are saying that in the past you voted for him because he was 'a black man' but now you would vote for him only to block White men that would only run for office to support issues that would harm Black people and support White racist programs that would harm Black people's feedom and right to buy and seel and make a living. You would vote for pres. Obama because he would at least not deliberately support laws that would harm Black America.

If that is what you are saying then, I can understand where you are coming from. By the time Obama ran for office, I chose not to support this system at all though, so my choices had nothing to do with pres. Obama but this system as a whole of which now, I feel that pres Obama is stuck in between, and I hope that he will stand up for Black people. But thanks for your response.

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
But only "barely." In the 1950s, there were more white men in prison than black. It was only with the advent of the Civil Rights Movement that the push was on to get rid of agitators and "potential" agitators demanding their rights by locking ALL (or as many as possible without revolution) black men up.

As for the rest.... time to stop giving the first black president a pass.
Today it's the prisons, yesterday it was the lynchings. Same agenda.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Sister noor100, I feel you on this issue, and you know I do; but isn't this a reflection of the times we are living in?

All things around us are perilous, folk are going off the chain, and those that can't treat others with decency are bound to be separated. There was a time when reform served its purpose, but now, real values are out the widow, so to speak.

I think its time for the like-minded to come together and protect what's left of civility; its time for our black unity to safeguard against harm from evil doings... its that time my sister friend (notice the direct of Eric's head).

Peace In,

Tue, 04/16/2013 - 23:56 — Glen Ford

Attorney General Eric Holder claims to have just discovered racial disparities in prosecution and sentencing in the United States. That’s like Robert E. Lee claiming to be surprised at the existence of slavery. Holder is making noises like a prison reformer to divert attention from the fact that Obama’s budget calls for increased funding for prisons, in the midst of austerity. It’s a con game.

Holder claims to have experienced a revelation about the impact of race on crime and punishment in this country.”
Eric Holder Holder has been the top law enforcement officer of the United States for more than four years, overseeing a federal prison system of almost 220,000 inmates and with responsibility to protect the rights of two million more prisoners under state and local jurisdiction. All of these populations are disproportionately Black – and have been so for longer than Eric Holder has been alive. Yet, the attorney general pretends to have only just discovered that prosecutors are tougher on Black defendants, and that judges give Blacks longer sentences than whites for the same crimes. Is it really even remotely plausible, that racial disparities in prosecution and sentencing are news to our attorney general? Or did Holder think that the mostly Black audience at Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network, where he made the remarks, was full of idiots?
(Well, then again, they do follow Al Sharpton, and might believe anything.)
Still, Eric Holder has some nerve, acting as if he’s a newcomer to the criminal justice system when, in fact, the buck stops with him and President Obama when it comes to law and order in the United States. Now in his and Obama’s second term, Holder claims to have experienced a revelation about the impact of race on crime and punishment in this country. With a straight face, he declared: “It is time to ask ourselves some fundamental questions about our criminal justice system.”
He is requesting more money for the federal prison system.”
Actually, Holder is a couple of centuries late in asking those questions, which have been answered over and over again in studies and reports too numerous to mention, virtually all of which have concluded that Blacks are surveilled and stopped more than whites, charged with harsher offenses than whites for the same behavior, prosecuted more vigorously, sentenced to more time for the same crimes, and forced to serve their sentences in worse conditions. These are facts that have been established through generations of research. Holder’s pretense of ignorance is beyond contempt. The next thing you know, Obama’s Secretary of Labor will claim to have just discovered that Black unemployment has been roughly twice that of whites for most of the last half century.
Holder is simply following his boss’s lead. The Obama style is to make little noises or gestures that appear vaguely liberal – like acknowledging the existence of unfairness – and then turn around and do something that makes the situation worse. For instance, Obama gave lots of eloquent speeches on the vital role that Social Security and other entitlements play in society –and then wound up trying to gut these same programs. Even as Obama cuts deep into the bone and marrow of vital government services, he is requesting more money for the federal prison system, including funding for a brand new state-of-the-art supermax prison in illinois that will house 400 inmates in solitary confinement – that is, in a perpetual state of torture. The Bureau of Prisons, which Eric Holder oversees, would get a 4 percent increase in funding. Holder is pretending to be some kind of babe in the woods, or even a closet prison reformer, to divert attention from the fact that this is a pro-prison administration.
For Black Agenda Radio, I’m Glen Ford. On the web, go to BlackAgendaReport.com.
BAR executive editor Glen Ford can be contacted at [email protected].

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
Sister noor100, I feel you on this issue, and you know I do; but isn't this a reflection of the times we are living in?

All things around us are perilous, folk are going off the chain, and those that can't treat others with decency are bound to be separated. There was a time when reform served its purpose, but now, real values are out the widow, so to speak.

I think its time for the like-minded to come together and protect what's left of civility; its time for our black unity to safeguard against harm from evil doings... its that time my sister friend (notice the direct of Eric's head).

Peace In,

Ok brother Clyde, my main purpose of this thread has been to focus on the racial disparities of the prison system and to focus on political prisoners.

Concerning the President, I will just choose to ignore him from now on. Would that be acceptable? Definitely,appreciate your wisdom and advice in this matter.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Ok brother Clyde, my main purpose of this thread has been to focus on the racial disparities of the prison system and to focus on political prisoners.

Concerning the President, I will just choose to ignore him from now on. Would that be acceptable? Definitely,appreciate your wisdom and advice in this matter.

Its difficult to finally have us in the White House and to have us in key positions, only to be frown upon by many of us. So let me apologize for dropping my heart in the thread, it was out of place, really... Carry on noor100, I'll be okay, lol... Just venting a little.

Peace In my sister friend, for real ...

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
I think I understand what you are saying and its great to see you share how you based your beliefs. I believe that you are saying that in the past you voted for him because he was 'a black man' but now you would vote for him only to block White men that would only run for office to support issues that would harm Black people and support White racist programs that would harm Black people's feedom and right to buy and seel and make a living. You would vote for pres. Obama because he would at least not deliberately support laws that would harm Black America.
Bless you! I was beginning to wonder if anyone was getting where I'm coming from! Your analysis is spot on!

If that is what you are saying then, I can understand where you are coming from. By the time Obama ran for office, I chose not to support this system at all though, so my choices had nothing to do with pres. Obama but this system as a whole of which now, I feel that pres Obama is stuck in between, and I hope that he will stand up for Black people. But thanks for your response.
Here we differ. I DON'T feel Obama is "stuck in between." I think he made a clear choice of whom he will support - gays, illegals, white people - and whom he will not - black people - BEFORE he won election. After viewing U-Tubes of black students at Harvard talk about their disappointment with Obama after they went to bat for him in his bid for presidency of the prestigious Harvard Law Review and how he kicked them to the curb in favor of white Harvard conservatives, I have no illusions about our first gay/illegal president who just happens to be black.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Today it's the prisons, yesterday it was the lynchings. Same agenda.
Of course. Only diff is that in the 1940's (lynching times), more black men than white were employed (check the 1950 U.S. Census!). My point is that everytime we stand up for our rights.... white backlash.

1940s - laws against lynching passed
White backlash: black employment fell

1950s - Civil RIGHTS Movement (movement to gain our rights as Americans, not to "integrate", a mere byproduct of Civil Rights)
White backlash: Mass black incarceration

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
And you know where he, Obama, can start? By filing as a "friend of the court" on behalf of the brothers in NYC. If he does that, he'll be saying that he's not only with gays and illegals, but he's with US, BLACK AMERICANS.

Don't hold your breath. Obama didn't run on doing anything for black people and he never plans on doing anything for black AMERICANS. He knows we're in his hip pocket. He knows we will suffer on HIS behalf and he doesn't have to reciprocate by even acknowledging that we exist.

"There is no white America. There is no black America." Remember that? Better yet, ask some of those black students who had his back when he was running for President of the Harvard Law Review who the REAL Barack Obama is. He cut his teeth suckering black people on them!

Hear me well. Obama is not a bad guy. He's just self-centered, egotistical and disdainful of the hopes, dreams and the Will of black people to "complain" (and never, EVER fight him!). The only way to look at our black prez is as just another politician - make noise. Demand he send the Justice Dept. in as Friend of the Court in NYC. Otherwise, well, nothing changed for the black students at the Harvard Law Review. After he's left office, we'll see, we will be in the exact same place we were BEFORE we ever heard of Barack Hussein Obama.
Others have played us cheap, and nobody plays us close, forever....

I do give us credit for eventually looking out for their own best interests....

Putting aside my personal gripes, the era of novelty acts etc., is coming to an end...

:SuN020:

Live Sunday 12 Noon ET!

Brother OldSoul - Consciousness Raising Online

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: