Black Muslims : Mass Incarceration + Silence = Genocide

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Obama’s 2014 Budget Confirms Plans for “ADX Thomson,” New Federal Supermax Prison

April 13, 2013 By Jean Casella and James Ridgeway
The Obama Administration’s 2014 budget request for the Department of Justice, released this week, confirms that the federal government will open a second ultra-secure supermax prison within the next two years. The new prison will be an “Administrative Maximum U.S. Penitentiary.” Administrative Maximum is a security classification currently held only by the notorious ADX Florence in Colorado, where some 400 individuals are held in isolation and sensory deprivation so extreme that it has been challenged in a series of lawsuits and widely denounced as torture.

http://solitarywatch.com/category/featured-posts/

Its all about money and jobs for the fortunate:

ADX USP Thomson, IL: $58.7 million and 1,158 positions (749 correctional officers)
$15 million to renovate the Thomson Correctional Center for high security federal prison use. $43.7 million to begin activating ADX USP Thomson (2,100 beds) as an administrative-maximum high security facility. ADX USP Thomson is expected to reduce crowding in high security facilities from 59 percent by 43 percent by the end of FY 2015…

All this for about 400 folk, smh...

Peace In sister noor100 :bye:,

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Brother Chuck, you posed a great question, that tugs at my soul. On the one hand, i think, well because i feel that he is Black, this system will probably make great effort to consume all of his time because in that way, the president will not be able to affectively address any issues that have and are terribly harming black people all over the world as a result of America's power and trade system, and so out of emotion, I feel that Black people might not want to appeal to the president. Therefore, out of this kind of emotion and love for the Black president, many Black people, in my opinion, will allow racism to put them down. Black people are still losing jobs after the election but, they will be quiet as they go to the unemployment offices and fail to see that this was all planned. so now, what do we do? Be quiet because he is a Black president and he can't do it all? What happens when unemployment fails the unemployed? We sit and watch the Gay's go to and from work and gain rights to be Gays, while Black people are dealing how to get money to eat and provide for their children. So then comes the crime and then the prison sentences...

But then on the other hand, I think, well if we don't deal with real issues in regards to this system then we are doomed. This though would mean that we would have to charge the president on issues, and there is no way that we can avoid this because the moment he took office, he became the DEFENDER OF THIS NATION'S POLICIES THAT HARM PEOPLE OF COLOR ALL OVER THE WORLD.

It would be great if his being Black helps people of color but, that is not why he was placed in office by many White people who voted for him. They voted for him to protect their desires, while many Black people voted for him to protect and help and deliver Black people from oppression, and failed to understand that there are more White people on the other side of the 'tug of war' rope pulling for him to do their will than on the Black side of the rope.

Now if we come together and start pulling on the president and overcome the White racism, then perhaps we will be MAKING NOISE, and then we will be a force to reckon with, but the president is placed in the middle and that is the reality, in my opinion.
After all else has been said, Obama is at least a credible adminstrator, just not a true statesman...

Though, as we too weigh the pros and cons of each other's comments/opinions, he is the president of this nation, which means he has far more options to either maintain the status quo, or stand up for what he believes in, too...

So, after all else has been claimed, against or for him, long overdue for him to put up or just shut up...

FYI...

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
After all else has been said, Obama is at least a credible adminstrator, just not a true statesman...

Though, as we too weigh the pros and cons of each other's comments/opinions, he is the president of this nation, which means he has far more options to either maintain the status quo, or stand up for what he believes in, too...

So, after all else has been claimed, against or for him, long overdue for him to put up or just shut up...

FYI...

And trust, unless we make a whole lotta noise, he will CONTINUE to "shut up" about black people and our concerns. With brutha-president Obama, the squeaky wheel is the ONLY wheel that will get "any" oil.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Btw, do not forget that there are more blacks in America than gays, that more blacks voted for Obama than gays. There are more blacks in America than illegals,as well, and NO illegals voted for Obama. Do not let the man slide with that he's the president of all the people argument. If he can do for gays and illegals, he can do for blacks.

Difference?

Gays and illegals DEMAND that he do for them. Blacks make excuses for his disrespect. It's like the man said: You get the government you deserve.

candeesweet

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Aug 20, 2010
Btw, do not forget that there are more blacks in America than gays, that more blacks voted for Obama than gays. There are more blacks in America than illegals,as well, and NO illegals voted for Obama. Do not let the man slide with that he's the president of all the people argument. If he can do for gays and illegals, he can do for blacks.

Difference?

Gays and illegals DEMAND that he do for them. Blacks make excuses for his disrespect. It's like the man said: You get the government you deserve.
It's gon take a MASS movement to help overcome the genecide of the black man in America. Begins with him as President to set a precedence.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
It's gon take a MASS movement to help overcome the genecide of the black man in America. Begins with him as President to set a precedence.

And you know where he, Obama, can start? By filing as a "friend of the court" on behalf of the brothers in NYC. If he does that, he'll be saying that he's not only with gays and illegals, but he's with US, BLACK AMERICANS.

Don't hold your breath. Obama didn't run on doing anything for black people and he never plans on doing anything for black AMERICANS. He knows we're in his hip pocket. He knows we will suffer on HIS behalf and he doesn't have to reciprocate by even acknowledging that we exist.

"There is no white America. There is no black America." Remember that? Better yet, ask some of those black students who had his back when he was running for President of the Harvard Law Review who the REAL Barack Obama is. He cut his teeth suckering black people on them!

Hear me well. Obama is not a bad guy. He's just self-centered, egotistical and disdainful of the hopes, dreams and the Will of black people to "complain" (and never, EVER fight him!). The only way to look at our black prez is as just another politician - make noise. Demand he send the Justice Dept. in as Friend of the Court in NYC. Otherwise, well, nothing changed for the black students at the Harvard Law Review. After he's left office, we'll see, we will be in the exact same place we were BEFORE we ever heard of Barack Hussein Obama.

candeesweet

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Aug 20, 2010
And you know where he, Obama, can start? By filing as a "friend of the court" on behalf of the brothers in NYC. If he does that, he'll be saying that he's not only with gays and illegals, but he's with US, BLACK AMERICANS.

Don't hold your breath. Obama didn't run on doing anything for black people and he never plans on doing anything for black AMERICANS. He knows we're in his hip pocket. He knows we will suffer on HIS behalf and he doesn't have to reciprocate by even acknowledging that we exist.

"There is no white America. There is no black America." Remember that? Better yet, ask some of those black students who had his back when he was running for President of the Harvard Law Review who the REAL Barack Obama is. He cut his teeth suckering black people on them!

Hear me well. Obama is not a bad guy. He's just self-centered, egotistical and disdainful of the hopes, dreams and the Will of black people to "complain" (and never, EVER fight him!). The only way to look at our black prez is as just another politician - make noise. Demand he send the Justice Dept. in as Friend of the Court in NYC. Otherwise, well, nothing changed for the black students at the Harvard Law Review. After he's left office, we'll see, we will be in the exact same place we were BEFORE we ever heard of Barack Hussein Obama.
Alright then Kadijah. You doing u for sure!

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009

You know, I'm surely not holding my breath.

vanity, vanity, all is vanity, that's what I think when I read your post, and I agree. I wonder what your comment are about the first lady in regards to president Obama. I really don't even know how to phrase what I'm thinking yet. But I suppose, I'm thinking out loud and still haven't reached a conclusion on my feelings about how he would think about and/or relate his African American wife in regards to Black people as a whole. I mean, if he is 'a politician' when it comes to issues, I wonder too, what her position is in regards to issues that affect 'her people'.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Interesting question that. But as I didn't vote her into any office, it doesn't matter (since I don't know her, personally). No, the attitude that matters is that of her husband, the man I did vote for POTUS. And, if I had to do it all over, I'd still vote for him. Only diff is that this time, I'd be voting AGAINST McCain and then Romney, rather than FOR the black man in the white house.

And your vanity, vanity, vanity notation is prolly on target. Obama always wanted to be POTUS. A lawyer friend told me that when Obama first applied for his job with the law firm he met Michelle at, that he stood up in a room of new hires and said he would one day be President (of course, all those white folk laughed at him behind closed doors). In all his wanting to be President, however, he never once said he wanted to be president to help black people. Thus, it was most certainly "vanity," i.e., a fulfillment of his personal ambition.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: