Omowale Jabali : Mandela

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

I read where one poster here referred to Nelson Mandela as a sell out and another claims he dumped his wife as soon as he was released from prison. One is an opinion the other is a lie and gross distortion of fact. In his divorce proceedings he accused his wife of adultery and I believe this was six years after his release from prison.

Was Nelson Mandela a sell out? That remains a matter of opinion. To most South Africans he will best be remembered as a man of integrity and the Father of the Nation.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Maybe in the end he was overmatched. I don't know how many "sell-outs" spent 27 years in jail.

Not exactly overmatched. He did what he thought best and served one term as President. Mandela used his leverage to set up numerous cultural and educational foundations. He did more than his part for African liberation.

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
Not exactly overmatched. He did what he thought best and served one term as President.
IDK. How could he not be overmatched in an apartheid laced environment? How much could he accomplish? Like you said he did what he could, I believe that.

Despite how all this ends up IMO Nelson Mandela's contributions both directly and indirectly, should never be overlooked or undermined.

Thanks for the post.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: