Black People : MANDELA SLAMS 'YOUNG LEADERS' BUSH AND BLAIR...

Aqil

Feb 3, 2001
New York
LONDON - Nelson Mandela said on Friday he was "pained" by British Prime Minister Tony Blair's waging war on Iraq, Britain's Mirror newspaper reported.

In an astonishing attack on the Prime Minister and U.S. President George Bush, he said in London: "To see young political leaders of the developed world act in ways that undermine some of the noblest attempts of humanity to deal with historical legacies, pains me greatly and makes me worry immensely about our future."

Mandela condemned the two leaders for riding roughshod over international law by acting alone. In a bitter swipe, he added: "We have a common obligation to care for each other, particularly in conditions that foster behavior to the contrary."

Click Here To Read The Story In Its Entirety

Reuters

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Excellent piece!!! Thank you again, Aqil. Mandela's message is clear and correct in my opinion. These acts of aggression are not only about political differences...he is so right! Africans should not be blinded and fooled by what appears to be a generous and supportive hand of the Bush administration. "Beware of the man who comes bearing gifts." Once again the Europeans step foot on African soil to do what they do best--implement the 3 C's: Civilize, Consume and Control--and we welcome them with open arms. What are we trading for this time? Does Africa really believe that the white man has changed any? Why is it that whereever there's a European on this planet, there's chaos? (Oops, there's another "C"!)

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I agree that it is an excellent piece, but i wonder why it's posted here without the owner's permission.

You know the rules Aqil, why do you keep doing this?

:heart:

Destee

Aqil

Feb 3, 2001
New York
Destee:

The article was e-mailed to me. It is from Reuters.com.uk, the British affiliate of the U.S. Reuters news service...I'll delete it if you wish...

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Aqil ... no Member should add content to the site that does not belong to them, unless they have included the owner's permission for it to be posted here.

When we don't have permission, we are allowed to add a few lines of the property and link to where it can be read in its entirety.

We must respect what belongs to others if we want others to respect what belongs to us.

Anything other than this is breaking the rules and should be removed.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee
Forum Rules

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OldSoul Black People : Winnie Mandela's Last Speech Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama to name African program after Mandela Black People Politics 3
RAPTOR Black People : Mandela: NSA, FBI, DIA Sued over Refusal to Disclose U.S. Role in Imprisonment of Mandela Black People Open Forum 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Nelson mandela & martin L. King AACOOLDRE 0
sekou kasimu Black People Politics : Nelson/Winnie Mandela Black People Politics 16
sekou kasimu Black People : Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom/Winnie Mandela movies. Black People Open Forum 0
sekou kasimu Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom/ Winnie Mandela movies. Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : S.Africa's right still fears post-Mandela apocalypse Black People Politics 13
RAPTOR Black People : Mandela death prompts soul-searching among 'coloureds' in racial limbo Black People Open Forum 2
dunwiddat Black People : Mandela has been laid to rest Black People Open Forum 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Nelson Mandela buried in rolling hills of S Africa Black People Open Forum 29
Kadijah Black People Politics : Fox News Ridiculous Obama 'betrayal of Mandela' Debate Black People Politics 1
Orisons Black People Politics : Do YOU KNOW the real reason Nelson Mandela was freed? Black People Politics 138
Lakeesha T Black People Politics : Nelson Mandela's Legacy of Violence Black People Politics 42
Bishop Black Poetry : Nelson Mandela Apartheid Slayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Nelson Mandela's first interview in 1961 OldSoul 1
legit-writer Black People : R.I.P. Nelson Mandela Black People Open Forum 237
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : Mandela movie to open this month in South Africa South Africa 13
Alarm Clock Black People : White Supremacists Sentenced Over Plot To Assassinate Nelson Mandela Black People Open Forum 4
RAPTOR South Africa : Dr. Frank Wilderson on Nelson Mandela, South Africa and Afro-Pessimism South Africa 27
RAPTOR Jails / Prisons : Obama Visits Mandela's Old Cell, But Won't Free His Own Political Prisoners Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Keita Kenyatta South Africa : South Africa: Nelson Mandela in critical condition South Africa 3
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Mandela Omowale Jabali 26
Alarm Clock Black People : Heartfelt Prayers fo the recovery of Nelson Mandela Black People Open Forum 38
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South African icon Nelson Mandela hospitalized South Africa 29
cherryblossom South Africa : "Dear Mandela" - South African Documentary South Africa 3
S South Africa : South Africa issues new Mandela bank notes South Africa 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Millions of SAfrican children sing for Mandela Black People Doing Positive Things 5
OldSoul OldSoul : 93 - Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela OldSoul 0
Amnat77 Black Entertainment : Hudson to play Winnie Mandela amid legal threats Black Entertainment 11
S Black People : Winnie speaks on Nelson: "MANDELA LET US DOWN" Black People Open Forum 12
cherryblossom South Africa : South Africa: Mandela Free for 20 years South Africa 2
hartwell Black People : S.African actors ‘want Hudson out of Mandela film’ (AFP) Black People Open Forum 31
Zulile Black Picture Image Gallery : Mandela's B-Day gift Black Picture Image Gallery 0
G Black People : Mandela still alive after embarrassing Bush remark Black People Open Forum 1
G Black People : Winnie Mandela denied entry to Canada for arts gala Black People Open Forum 0
river Black People : Nelson Mandela inaugaral Speech - 1994 Black People Open Forum 1
P Pan Africanism : Mandela 'murder plotters' escape African American History Culture 0
Fine1952 Black People : Comic Book Series For Mandela Black People Open Forum 2
A Pan Africanism : Proposed Mandela Statue Taller Than Statue of Liberty... African American History Culture 3
P Pan Africanism : Nelson Mandela's oldest son dies of AIDs African American History Culture 2
P Pan Africanism : Nelson Mandela criticizes the US over Iraq African American History Culture 0
E Black People : Who is America's Nelson Mandela? Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Impossible Foods CEO slams 'the most destructive technology on Earth by far' Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor Whose Church Held Kanye West's Sunday Service Slams Rapper for His Comments on Slavery Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Kareem Abdul-Jabbar slams Quentin Tarantino’s 'somewhat racist' depiction of Bruce Lee Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : philippines-president-slams-united-states-killing-black-people Black People Politics 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Public Enemy’s Chuck D slams New York’s Hot 97 Black People Open Forum 9
MS234 Black People : Patti LaBelle slams being called a 'diva', calls today’s pop stars 'little heifers who can’t sing' Black People Open Forum 2
A Haiti : Haitian ambassador slams Pat Robertson Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 10