South Africa : Mandela movie to open this month in South Africa

I'm Becoming Me

Jul 6, 2013
Occupation
Lover & Fighter...
I hope to see it too, but not this weekend...

17 degrees, .....
Oh no!
Oh my goodness!

It's colder where you are than it is up here.

Our lows are 20's and highs low 30s'...Next week we will get back to normal temps for this time of year which is usually a high of mid 40's..

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
Oh my goodness!

It's colder where you are than it is up here.

Our lows are 20's and highs low 30s'...Next week we will get back to normal temps for this time of year which is usually a high of mid 40's..

Would love to be there right about now.

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
In Spirit of Sankofa and Update,

Nelson Mandela, revered statesman and anti-apartheid leader, dies at 95

Former South African President Nelson Mandela has died at age 95 of complications from a recurring lung infection.
Related Stories
The anti-apartheid leader and Nobel laureate was a beloved figure around the world, a symbol of reconciliation from a country with a brutal history of racism.
Mandela was released from prison in 1990 after nearly 30 years for plotting to overthrow South Africa's apartheid government. In 1994, in a historic election, he became the nation's first black leader. Mandela stepped down in 1999 after a single term and retired from political and public life.

http://news.yahoo.com/nelson-mandela-dies-214057711.html
June 12, 1964 - Mandela and seven others are sentenced to life imprisonment on Robben Island, off Cape Town.
February 2, 1990 - F.W. de Klerk, South Africa's last white president, lifts ban on ANC and other liberation movements.
February 11, 1990 - Mandela is freed from prison.
1991 - Elected president of the ANC.
October 1993 - Wins Nobel Peace Prize with de Klerk.
April 27-29, 1994 - South Africa's first all-race election.
May 10, 1994 - Inaugurated as South Africa's first black president.
December 1997 - Hands leadership of ANC to Deputy President Thabo Mbeki in first stage of phased transfer of power.
July 18, 1998 - Marks 80th birthday with marriage to Graca Machel, widow of Mozambican President Samora Machel.
June 16, 1999 - Retires, hands power to Mbeki. Isn’t this very very WEAK/incomplete?
Mandela himself viewed the Cuban intervention as a selfless act of solidaristic internationalism) it is clear that Cuba did play a vital role in sustaining the ANC, demoralising the apartheid regime, and inspiring black Africa to believe that the army of the “white giants” could be defeated. In a speech he gave in Havana during his visit to Cuba in 1991 Mandela declared that:

The decisive defeat of the aggressive apartheid forces destroyed the myth of the invincibility of the white oppressor. The defeat of the apartheid army served as an inspiration to the struggling people of South Africa. Without the defeat of Cuito Cuanavale our organizations would not have been legalized.

The defeat of the racist army in Cuito Cuanavale made it possible for me to be here with you today. Cuito Cuanavale marks the divide in the struggle for the liberation of southern Africa. Cuito Cuanavale marked an important step in the struggle to free the continent and our country of the scourge of apartheid.

Given the media's usual depiction of the Cold War as a goodies vs. baddies morality play in which unpalatable facts about western support for quasi-fascist regimes, massacre and genocide,[iv]are largely excluded from the conventional narrative it is hardly surprising that Cuba's role in aiding the overthrow of apartheid (and the west's shameful support for the regime) has also largely vanished down the memory hole.

The media's neglect of the historical context was all the more striking when one considers that Raul Castro was honoured by being just one of five foreign heads of state to make a speech at the state memorial service (quite clearly in recognition of Cuba's role in the struggle to defeat the apartheid regime). The media also failed to note that during his speech the American president did not utter a single word of apology for the United States’ crucial role in supporting the regime (which may even have extended to providing South African security forces with the intelligence that allowed them to arrest Mandela): the media preferred to focus on much more crucial matters, such as the employment of an apparently fake sign language interpreter during Obama's widely lauded, yet typically platitudinous, speech.

Clyde, are you going to tell us why Nelson Mandela’s own words [above] from his speech when he visited Havana in 1991 have NEVER EVER been publicized outside of Southern Africa in general, in Europe and the West specifically?
Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍