Law Forum : Man Jailed for Child Support Even Though He Doesn’t Have Any Kids?

ckoolbreez

Apr 23, 2012

In this video from the Southern Center for Human Rights, they speak of gross human rights violations in the child support system. Thousands of people, most of them African American, are being jailed for the inability to pay child support or not having a job. The video is below:

"

houserunner

Feb 12, 2010
It's an intricate scheme that the government has for programs to keep their portion of the government sustained and relevant. They do not care what the situation is, they just like to find a way to milk you if they can, there is no justice it's just them getting money any way they can under the guise of justice. If they cannot get the money from you due to you not being able to afford it, they throw you in the true American profit centers... jail or prison, because the penal system in this country is big business so they get theirs no matter what.

Not related to child support, but related to shadiness of the law, and could possibly lead to another conversation but I will state it here anyway. I remember a while back, when I was ignorant to the world a.k.a. young and dumb I was charged for a crime I did not do and I had evidence to prove against such and wanted to prove myself with said evidence but thanks to my family pulling together and getting me an attorney and that attorney advising me to hold off until the prosecution and investigators thinking they had a slam dunk case with their lazy ***** and bring in the evidence in later for the trial so that they would have egg on their faces. That worked because the prosecution looked at the situation and saw a young black male and a potentially all white jury and thought that no true investigation was warranted. They'd get their conviction, another notch in their column to advance their career and get another "one of them" in the system.

Well once the evidence was brought forth into the trial then you seen investigation like you have never seen before as they knew they were screwed and were looking for angles yet the evidence was absolute and they did not have a pot to piss in. In retrospect I commend my attorney for his guile even though at the time I knew i was innocent and wanted it out there he had stated that throwing the evidence out there to the other side would give them a chance to shape their side to counteract my facts on the matter to pull the wool over the jury's eye, although I know even with family a lot cannot afford appropriate representation as stated in the clip.

I was suckered in as a youth to thinking prosecution was about justice and was quickly tuned in to that it is truly about conviction rate and career advancement first and if they help out the true victims in that process, then that was a bonus.

Look at how you see these interviews with prosecutors that were confronted with smoking gun evidence against their charges against the wrongly convicted, they still go on about how they still believe how the one they persecuted were still guilty or had to have something to do with the crime.

This system is extremely sick and the interweavings prove as such. Sorry for my rambling, this just brought me back to those days and I tend to hate posting novels.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I addressed this in "Debtors Prison"

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
if you consider all of these injustices in isolation, you might get the idea that it's just about this particular judge in this particular county.. but when you connect the dots between the judges, cops, politicians, businessmen and educators.. you get a very clear picture of the assault against black people in america. Being jailed for not having work in a down economy seems ridiculous but its only ridiculous if you don't understand whats happening.. and what has been happening for hundreds of years in America. This nation was built on brutality and slavery.. and it is sustained by brutality and slavery.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
forced poverty.. human nature.. birds and bees.. little babies.. government "help".. lock em up.. get that per-inmate fee from the state.. contract out his labor and get that contract-fee from private businesses.. juice is still running.. get out of jail.. can't find a job cause you been to jail.. go right back.. cycle continues until you crack or flip and graduate to real time in the penitentiary.. get out.. not really giving a ####.. can't get a job.. can't leave the county.. child support juice been running the whole time.. you find a job.. state takes you whole check.. fall into crime.. get caught.. back to the pen.. this is what re-enslavement looks like. Same thing they did after Reconstruction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
SwagII Black Women : He Left Her For Another Man? Black Women 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK MAN WINS INNOVATIVE PATENT Black Money Business Jobs 0
C Black People : Garvey, The Man And His Mind Black People Open Forum 0
G Law Forum : Third Man "William Bryan" Who Videotaped Ahmaud Arbery's Murder Has Been Arrested For Murder and False Imprisonment Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
C Black People : If It Ain't About Your Freedom It Ain't About You, Black Woman And Man!!! Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : 'You get fed up': Man facing death row for Fresno shooting spree says racism drove him to murder Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : INVISIBLE MAN Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : $600,000 awarded to man involved in racial discrimination case Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Fine1952 Black Ancestors : Martin (borne Michael) Luther King, The Man Honoring Black Ancestors 0
HODEE Black People : A Man Can DO... one wrong * So say, * ... A Woman Can DO... All that is GOOD and RIGHT ! Black People Open Forum 0
Marquis Davis Science and Technology : Computerized Manifestation of Man Science and Technology 18
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Police: Parishioners kill man who fatally shoots 2 at church in Ft. Worth, Tx Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Zimbabwe : Zimbabwe facing 'man-made' starvation, UN expert warns Zimbabwe 1
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : GEMINI MAN Black Entertainment 0
C Black People : It Compromise Not, The Divine Truth I Share With You, Black Woman And Man!!! Black People Open Forum 11
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Black man sues American Airlines for discrimination after he was removed from plane over dog allergy Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Al D Black People : Blood An African Man Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : How a black man ‘outsmarted’ a neo-Nazi group and became their new leader Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Armed Texas man arrested while heading to church to fulfill 'a prophecy,' police say Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Destee Video / Audio : Lil Jon featuring Kool-Aid Man - All I Really Want For Christmas Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Chicago Black Man Is Shot on Facebook Live While Campaigning For Political Candidate Black People Politics 0
Destee Black People : White Woman Blocks Black Man from Entering His Apartment Black People Open Forum 4
Willy Bravo Black Relationships : Never dated a Black Man or Woman? Black Relationships 7
A Black Spirituality Religion : What scriptures from the old testament should a person read to become a better man? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
nilevalley Black People : A white man who wrote and ask blacks not to trust his race a honest one at last! Black People Open Forum 4
Perfection Black People Politics : A working definition of a “conscious” black man Black People Politics 20
K Africa : the black man, must he make a decision to restore the peace of Africa All Things Africa 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Jury awards $289M to a black man who blames Roundup for cancer Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : White man killed a black father in front of his children over parking charged with manslaughter Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 8
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : ANT MAN AND THE WASP Black Entertainment 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Radio Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Woman who went on rant against Jewish man has one regret Black People Open Forum 3
shaka64 Black People : Ohio Man Graduates from Two Different Colleges with Law Degree and MBA — On the Same Day Black People Open Forum 0
coey30 Black Poetry : I’m still a Man. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Drug slanging by new kid man hanging off the bridge like leaves on trees beg for his life like being Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Senegal Black Sports : Magic and Isiah Share Grown Man Moment Black Sports 1
Mister Aten Black Spirituality Religion : I was told by a wise man..... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Destee Black People Politics : Trump's Obsession with Obama - Has a White Man Been More Obsessed with a Black Man Before? Black People Politics 5
Destee Black People Politics : Give a black man a job (@BarackObama this time) and white men will get mad Black People Politics 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Sons of God and Daughters of Man AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Teenagers who laughed and filmed a disabled man as he drowned may face criminal charges Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : jerrell-freeman-saves-a man's life-with-heimlich Black People Doing Positive Things 0
IFE Black People : Black Man Praised After Slapping White Woman For Calling Him A Ni**er Black People Open Forum 113
IFE Black People : VIDEO: Machete-Wielding Attacker Battles Man With Garbage Can on UWS Street Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Prosecutor: Man killed inmate after Bible verse dispute Christian Study Group 0
IFE Black People : Woman accused of shooting man during road rage incident released from jail Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Jokes Humor : Very determined man mows the grass as a tornado swirls nearby Black Jokes Humor 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Black Man Praised After Slapping White Woman For Calling Him A Ni**er Black Entertainment 8
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : white man walks free but black man gets 30 yrs.... Black People Politics 0