Black Women : Mama's baby Daddy's maybe

What would you do if your baby's father had other kids and ignored yours?

• Put his butt on child support

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Nothing... who cares?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Talk to him about it

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Move on

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

$$BEAUTY$$

Apr 30, 2006
There is nothing more important to us than our children. A real mother's love is so unconditional it goes beyond fantasy. But, what is wrong when daddy dosen't want to be responsible and take care of his kids. If your baby's father did not want to take care of his first child and then went out and got 2 or three more kids would you be mad? Would you just ignore his ignorance and take on the role as both mama and daddy. Its hard to say what you would do, because that is something hard to deal with. Alot of men will argue that they have the right to do whatever they want, because they are grown. We think its wrong because an innocent child is involved.

This is old news, daddy not being present to help raise children is not an uncommon event in today's society. And as sad as it is Black men are more likely to do a disappearing act when it comes to playing daddy. A lot of people stress that this is why marriage should be present before kids are brought into a situation. This is not always a good solution, because sometimes even then Daddy will disappear. So what is a woman to do when daddy goes out and has more children who he spends time with, ignoring the first born. Move on? Key solution and better said than done. Even though it hurts to see your child being ignored, and what do you tell them when they ask "where's daddy?"

Its hard to tell a child their daddy dosen't want them. How do you stand in front of your child and tell them their daddy dosen't love them? You don't. Just make sure your child knows that you love them and that you will always be there for them. If they have a step father, include him as well. My daughter is only two years old, and she really does not understand that my husband is not her biological father. She really dosen't care, as long as he keeps giving her warm hugs and attention. Someone asked me the other day, "your two children have different fathers aren't you afraid that they will grow up and resent you?"

To me it was a stupid question, and I would love nothing more than to pretend my Ex never exsisted. But there will come a day when we have to tell my daughter Daddy....ain't really daddy. I don't know how she'll take it, but in my heart I know who her real daddy is. And just because he didnt help make her dosent mean his love is no good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RootWorker Black Parenting : Advice on Dealing with Racist Baby Mama Black Parenting 3
S Black Men : Why baby mama drama is ultimately your own fault. Black Men 35
Black-king Audio Video Web Conferencing : BABY MAMA DRAMA Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Metaverse Black Relationships : SHE IS ~NOT~ YOUR BABY'S MAMA... Black Relationships 19
luvmyppl Black Entertainment : Nas's Baby Mama is a trip!! Black Entertainment 1
P Black People : Fantasia Barrino: Baby Mama Black People Open Forum 9
K Black Poetry : Baby Mama Drama Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
H Black Poetry : One Black Baby: Mama's Lament Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : yo mama lied on your Birth Cert: farrakhan + Obama AACOOLDRE 0
RAPTOR Black People : Symbolism and State Violence and Women in Mama's Hip-Hop Kitchen Black People Open Forum 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : LOU DONALDSON, Funky Mama Black Entertainment 3
KingSango Black People : The rebirth of Big Mama. African Renaissance. Black People Open Forum 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Etta James - Tell Mama Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsVeraisblessed Black Entertainment : Tech N9ne - Mama Nem Black Entertainment 0
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : Big Mama Thornton; Everything Gonna Be Alright Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : 2Pac - Dear Mama Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : A Song For Mama by Boyz 2 Men Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
ALL BLACK EVERYTHANG The Front Porch : ETERNAL BLACK MAMA ETERNAL BLACK LOVE ETERNAL BLACK IMMORTALITY OUR TIME IS NOW!!! The Front Porch 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : She's a Bad Mama Jama Black Entertainment 11
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Meet Your Mama: First Ancestor of All Placental Mammals Revealed Science and Technology 2
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Air In My Mama Name Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : Remembering Mama Africa (miriam Makeba) Black Entertainment 1
SeekingMaat Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Etta James - Tell Mama Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : will.i.am - I Got It From My Mama Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Junior - Mama Used To Say Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
K Black Poetry : Mama, where were you? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Ankhur Black People : They told Mama Tubman, why bother slavery never Gonna End Black People Open Forum 3
P Black People : Is the Black man's crisis all Mama's Fault ? Black People Open Forum 11
A Black Spirituality Religion : Why The World Needs Mama Zogbe (and not the patriarchal preacher) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
I Black Spirituality Religion : Interview: Mama Zogbe-The Sybils Ancient Prophetess of Mami Wata Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 104
river Black People : Mama Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Haiku : Mama's Fried Chicken Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
L Black Children : The place of a mama Black Children 32
SeekingMaat Black People : Miriam Makeba - Mama Afrika trransits .. Black People Open Forum 2
I Black People : White Mama and Granny= Mixed NUT! Black People Open Forum 0
P Black Relationships : Soul Print of Mama T and her Lil' Soul Black Relationships 9
ASHANTA Black Poetry : My Mama Tears Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
T Black People : Salute to a Warrior Mama Black People Open Forum 2
T MAMA DESTEE Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 3
K Black Poetry : Grandma was Mama......not you Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
N Quiet Poetry Lounge : I Get It From My Mama Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Mama Tchamba and Divine Restitution Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Isaiah Black Women : HAPPY MAMA'S DAY TO ALL AFRICAN WOMEN Black Women 7
$ Black People : Letter to My Mama Black People Open Forum 2
river Yo Mama So Stupid... Black Men 16
L Black Relationships : When your MAMA is involved Black Relationships 3
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Flo and MaMa Black Picture Image Gallery 5
Isaiah Black People : LIL MAMA KEEP YOUR HEAD TO THE SKY... Black People Open Forum 14
P Black Entertainment : Zap Mama - "Bandy Bandy" Black Entertainment 3
Isaiah Food Discussion : LIL MAMA, CAN YOU COOK??? Food Discussion and Recipes 5