Black People : MALIK ZULU SHABAZZ AND THE NEW BLACK PANTHERS

Isaiah

Jun 8, 2004
Good brothers and sisters, tell me what you think of this brother after reading this artilce... Here is an excerpt... Click on the website for the entire article...

Sitting outside a run-down barbershop on Detroit’s West Side, Malik Shabazz is in his usual Sunday spot, serving up home-cooked barbecue and laying groundwork for the revolution he envisions.

Even when wearing sweats and kicking back in a lawn chair, calling out to the folk in cars that slow when passing by, Shabazz radiates charisma. He’s tall, maybe 6 feet 5 inches, and good-looking, with a voice so smooth and resonant you might mistake him for an R&B singer, or maybe a politician.

The boxes of ribs and other soul food he sells for $6 to $10 a pop helps support Shabazz and his New Black Panther Nation/New Marcus Garvey Movement, the black separatist group he’s built over the past decade. Shabazz is a bona fide activist working to build a stronger African-American community by registering voters, staging protests, visiting homeless shelters and talking to schoolkids about the need for a good education.

In a way, though, this community-building is akin to road construction. Certainly, Shabazz has an eye on improving the here and now, but this activism is also a means of getting to what he sees as the final destination. His is a grandiose vision involving what the self-described revolutionary calls “complete, total, cosmic change.”

What he wants, ultimately, are separate societies, segregated on the basis of skin color. Whites here, blacks there, brown-skinned, red-skinned and yellow-skinned people there, there and there, each in control of their own pieces of real estate.

To achieve that, he says, the white capitalist power structures of the West must be eliminated. And if this vision is ever realized, it won’t be through peaceful means. Forget about the nonviolent civil disobedience of Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King.

“I love Dr. King,” Shabazz says, “but I’m not going to get beat up to share a toilet with anyone.”

The changes Shabazz wants, he says, will only come through armed insurrection. “Huey Newton said power flows through the barrel of a gun,” Shabazz says, invoking the name of one of the original Black Panthers. “We plan to make changes the same way George Washington did, the same way any oppressed people get power.”

He refuses to discuss or even acknowledge any specific plans for revolution, nor will he disclose what kind of weaponry his group has, though he does admit that they’re often armed and can shift from “Martin Luther King mode” to “Malcolm X mode” at any time.

He can also shift his rhetoric just as quickly. Over the course of several interviews with Metro Times, and being pressed repeatedly on his insistent advocacy of armed insurrection, he suddenly adopts a different tone. But even at its most expansive, Shabazz’s claims of benevolence are conditional: “We’re not against armed revolt, however, we’re going to overthrow the system with love. We’re teaching black-on-black love. We’re going to subdue the world with the Bible, the Quran, the Egyptian Book of the Dead. We’re as nonviolent as we’re allowed to be.”

http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=7648

Peace!
Isaiah

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
ralfa'il?.......is that you?

anyone using the "new" BPP is just looking to exploit a name.
why is he selling swine to people?

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
Isaiah said:
Good brothers and sisters, tell me what you think of this brother after reading this artilce... Here is an excerpt... Click on the website for the entire article...

Sitting outside a run-down barbershop on Detroit’s West Side, Malik Shabazz is in his usual Sunday spot, serving up home-cooked barbecue and laying groundwork for the revolution he envisions.

Even when wearing sweats and kicking back in a lawn chair, calling out to the folk in cars that slow when passing by, Shabazz radiates charisma. He’s tall, maybe 6 feet 5 inches, and good-looking, with a voice so smooth and resonant you might mistake him for an R&B singer, or maybe a politician.

The boxes of ribs and other soul food he sells for $6 to $10 a pop helps support Shabazz and his New Black Panther Nation/New Marcus Garvey Movement, the black separatist group he’s built over the past decade. Shabazz is a bona fide activist working to build a stronger African-American community by registering voters, staging protests, visiting homeless shelters and talking to schoolkids about the need for a good education.

In a way, though, this community-building is akin to road construction. Certainly, Shabazz has an eye on improving the here and now, but this activism is also a means of getting to what he sees as the final destination. His is a grandiose vision involving what the self-described revolutionary calls “complete, total, cosmic change.”

What he wants, ultimately, are separate societies, segregated on the basis of skin color. Whites here, blacks there, brown-skinned, red-skinned and yellow-skinned people there, there and there, each in control of their own pieces of real estate.

To achieve that, he says, the white capitalist power structures of the West must be eliminated. And if this vision is ever realized, it won’t be through peaceful means. Forget about the nonviolent civil disobedience of Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King.

“I love Dr. King,” Shabazz says, “but I’m not going to get beat up to share a toilet with anyone.”

The changes Shabazz wants, he says, will only come through armed insurrection. “Huey Newton said power flows through the barrel of a gun,” Shabazz says, invoking the name of one of the original Black Panthers. “We plan to make changes the same way George Washington did, the same way any oppressed people get power.”

He refuses to discuss or even acknowledge any specific plans for revolution, nor will he disclose what kind of weaponry his group has, though he does admit that they’re often armed and can shift from “Martin Luther King mode” to “Malcolm X mode” at any time.

He can also shift his rhetoric just as quickly. Over the course of several interviews with Metro Times, and being pressed repeatedly on his insistent advocacy of armed insurrection, he suddenly adopts a different tone. But even at its most expansive, Shabazz’s claims of benevolence are conditional: “We’re not against armed revolt, however, we’re going to overthrow the system with love. We’re teaching black-on-black love. We’re going to subdue the world with the Bible, the Quran, the Egyptian Book of the Dead. We’re as nonviolent as we’re allowed to be.”

http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=7648

Peace!
Isaiah

Peace,

to get a better look at this brother when confronted, check his moves when "Khalid Muhammed" was poisoned..........what did Malik Zulu Shabazz do and say?????????? He took over leadership after the murder of Khalid, why was there no investigation?? why didn't anyone in the group scrape the PUKE off the rug and take it to a lab to find out the contents????

For the same reason they didn't check Arafat's soup............like the title of PE's last album............."there's a POISON going on"!!!!!!!!!

what his response to the police in NY during the riot in NY at the end of the "Million Youth March" (of which I was present) - he threw a chair at a cop and RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& as brother James asked.......WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SELLING PIG TO YOUR PEOPLE.......ISN'T THIS A DERROGATORY NAME THAT THE PANTHERS USE FOR POLICE.............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I leave you in peace

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
info-moetry said:
.......WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SELLING PIG TO YOUR PEOPLE.......ISN'T THIS A DERROGATORY NAME THAT THE PANTHERS USE FOR POLICE.............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
PIG comes from "fascist pig" which is a term that was used at the time.
the BPP was not the only group that was operational and they did not do everything and invent everything.
i am annoyed that people act as though the BPP did the entire civil rights on their own.

there was CORE, SNCC, SCLC, NAACP, the weathermen and a bunch of others.
i was in CORE.

Ralfa'il

Mar 25, 2005
Isaiah

I think you got the 2 Malik Shabazzes mixed up.

This may sound a little confusing but...

THIS Malik Shabbaz is leader of the Detroit based New Marcus Garvey Movment who also spawned his own smaller localized Black Panther Party Movement with the help of our brother Dr. Khalid Muhammad.

The OTHER is Malik ZULU Shabbaz...Dr. Khalid Muhammad's former right-hand man....and he is the young attorney and leader of the larger Black Panther Party I believe based out of Houston.

I know the first Malik Shabbaz, and got a few picture I took with him and Khalid Muhammad...before he was poisoned.

He's a pretty powerful brutha in the city, a the forefront of almost every grassroots event.

He used to march on crack-houses and police stations.

Brutha been hard-core for a long time, I can tell you some stories about him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RAPTOR Black People : Black Activists Clash In Atlanta ... Malik Zulu Shabazz ordered NBPP to remove Dhoruba Bin Wahad Black People Open Forum 42
S Black People : Malik Zulu Shabazz VS Geraldo Rivera Black People Open Forum 7
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Malik ZuLu Shabazz And Russell Simmons Quarrel Chief Elder Osiris 0
Ankhur Black People : Minister Malik Zulu Shabbaz , Establishing a Unity of Black organizations for Collective Progress Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Op-ed: Disadvantaged Fathers Should Be Supported, Not Stigmatized – By Omar Epps, Malik Yoba and Emi Black Entertainment 2
Chidike Black Ancestors : Remembering Malcolm X (El Hajj Malik Shabazz)- May 19th,1925 - February 21,1965 Honoring Black Ancestors 2
OldSoul OldSoul : A Professional Revolutionary - Zayd Malik Shakur OldSoul 0
Ankhur Black People Politics : What would El Hajj Malik Shabbazz and Dr Neely Fuller say about today's US President? Black People Politics 1
info-moetry Black Spirituality Religion : '64 Letter From Malik to Elijah Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 26
noor100 Black Muslims : The Sunni Islamic Training And Mission of El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Islam Study Group 12
S Black People : RIP.. El Hajj Malik El Shabazz Black People Open Forum 3
Ankhur Black Women : Attalah Shabazz, El Hajj Malik Shabazz's daughter Black Women 0
Onyemobi Black People : Happy 84th Birthday Omowale El-Hajj Malik Shabazz (Malcolm-X) Black People Open Forum 5
R Black People : El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Black People Open Forum 12
KWABENA Black People : HAPPY EARTH/BIRTH-DAY BROTHA MALIK! Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in the 乙ulu┤The Material Foundations of Political Power in the Zulu Kingdom, 1857-1878 Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in the 乙ulu┤Origins of the Zulu Kingdom Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in the 乙ulu┤Warfare, Leadership, State Formation: The Case of the Zulu Kingdom, 1808-1879 Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in the 乙ulu┤Race and Masculinity in British Representations of the Anglo-Zulu War Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in the 乙ulu┤Reevaluating Zulu Religion: An Afrocentric Analysis Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Zulu king: I won't let my people forget our history All Things Africa 2
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Afrika Bambaataa (Zulu Nation Founder) accused of sex abuse by 3 men Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 15
Kongolini Zulu Mau Black People : There is a sound going out like the call of a lion!...by Kongolini Zulu Mau... Black People Open Forum 0
G Black Entertainment : Afrika Bambaataa Speaks on the Early Days of Hip Hop & the Zulu Nation Black Entertainment 8
S Black People : Shaka zulu pickney Black People Open Forum 0
FASN8N1 Audio Video Web Conferencing : Africa Bambaataa - Zulu War Chant Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
candeesweet Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Afro Deep House: Mateo & Matos - Hey Zulu (Original Mix) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Who Owns the World? Sunday Noon ET CHAT (1600 Zulu) OldSoul 3
MsInterpret Black Short Stories : Zulu Folktale...Why The Cheetah's Cheeks Are Stained Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Ankhur Black Entertainment : ZULU MECH 1 Black Entertainment 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : ZULU NATION Christian Study Group 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : Great Zulu Shaman and Elder Credo Mutwa on Reptilians Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Knowledge Seed Black Spirituality Religion : Zulu Shaman on Reptilians Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 25
G South Africa : Meatsaience & Others- DAVID ICKE & Zulu Shaman / South African Elder CREDO MUTWA South Africa 0
G South Africa : DAVID ICKE & Zulu Shaman/South African Elder CREDO MUTWA together on News 4 the Soul South Africa 0
I Black Spirituality Religion : The Zulu soul and Ena. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
I Black Spirituality Religion : TALES FROM A SANGOMA (zulu spiritual leader) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 16
I African American History Culture : Zulu Society Traced to Reign of Pharaoh Khufu African American History Culture 7
Queenie Black People : Siyazama: (Zulu for) "We Are Trying" Black People Open Forum 2
Isaiah African American History Culture : MARDI GRAS INDIANS & THE ZULU KREWE... African American History Culture 4
P Pan Africanism : Oprah Winfrey is a Zulu African American History Culture 26
IFE Black Positive People : Shabazz Daughters Launch Malcolm X Legacy Clothing Line to Honor Father and His Principles Black People Doing Positive Things 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Was Lance Shabazz correct on Farrakhan's allege affairs ? AACOOLDRE 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Ambassador Shabazz Emotional Reading at Muhammad Ali Funeral OldSoul 0
KingSango Black People : The Story of Shabazz. The inherit racism in the NOI teachings. Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Afro-Mexicans Demanding Justice for Malcolm Shabazz Attacked by Hundreds of Cops Black People Open Forum 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Malcolm Shabazz short facts AACOOLDRE 2
Alarm Clock Black Women : Dr Betty Shabazz Black Women 0
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Why Malcom Shabazz Was Killed Omowale Jabali 15
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Two men arrested in Malcolm Shabazz murder in Mexico, more sought Black People Open Forum 5