Africa : Macron Got A Lot Wrong About Africa ... But Made One Good Point

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Macron Got A Lot Wrong About Africa ... But Made One Good Point

... Despite my criticisms of Macron's comments, I do believe he made a pertinent point when he said: "If we want a coherent response to Africa, then Africans must develop a series of policies that are far more sophisticated than a simple Marshall plan" ...

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/07/11/536445457/macron-got-a-lot-wrong-about-africa-but-made-one-good-point

French President Emmanuel Macron speaks a Press conference after a meeting of European Union leaders at the Chancellery on June 29, 2017 in Berlin, Germany.

Michele Tantussi/Getty Images

By
VIVIANE RUTABINGWA

Willy Bravo

Jun 26, 2018
In a speech in Algeria, Macron called colonization "a crime against humanity".

Whether world leaders condemn their colonial pasts or have something valid to say about the present state of Africa, their sympathies seem superficial.

I agree that it is up to Africans to create effective ways to develop their nations. Sadly, many African countries have been mutilated to such an extent that it has created a chasm that makes collective discipline seem like a pipe dream. But it will have to be achieved one way or another.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Granted Willy Bravo ... However, from my view, the only mundane panacea would be
Reparations across the board for Africa (Alkebu-lan) and it's descendants.
In a speech in Algeria, Macron called colonization "a crime against humanity".

Whether world leaders condemn their colonial pasts or have something valid to say about the present state of Africa, their sympathies seem superficial.

I agree that it is up to Africans to create effective ways to develop their nations. Sadly, many African countries have been mutilated to such an extent that it has created a chasm that makes collective discipline seem like a pipe dream. But it will have to be achieved one way or another.

Last edited:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍