Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive

The National Memorial for Peace and Justice

https://museumandmemorial.eji.org/memorial

Fireman

May 19, 2017
It is about time. This is our holocaust memorial and museum.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I wish the names of the racist murderers were also recorded and not just the people hung. There should be a plaque with their names listed and put on public display. Don't hide them. Let the world know, including their descendants, who they were. Why should Black people always be the ones to feel the pain and be reminded of the constant struggle for justice, while white folk walk around acting like it's our cross to bear alone? Nazi's were brought to trial for allegedly committing war crimes against Jews. Where is our justice?

I plan to visit the museum and memorial in Montgomery, AL. I'm making a commitment to. I think we all should.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
One may ask in whose mind or body has history been rewritten. Certainly not in within the Black soul. That history certainly wouldn't be new or need rewritten for my parents or my grandparents or my great grandparents or my great great grandparents nor does it need to be any rewriting for me.
Welding that artistic vision of yesterday into how it relates to todays world leads to how how little has been in reality gained. Yes go visit, make it real if it isn't already a part of your very core, but walk away and decide what part you'll play in either the continuing of or the stopping of the flogging and stripping away, the very the lynching of your soul and for those destined to come after.

Teach the children well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : This new lynching memorial rewrites American history African American History Culture 3
C Black People : The Racist Lynching Execution Of George Floyd Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : House makes lynching a federal crime, 65 years after Till African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Lynching preachers: How black pastors resisted Jim Crow and white pastors incited racial violence Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Ndugu Black People : No Reason Why we should not have a Nationwide Boycott on Black Friday ova Police Lynching! Black People Open Forum 1
Ndugu Black People : Since we nixed Boycott the Super Bowl, advertizers over police lynching, will we boycott the movies? Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : The Senate’s Three Black Members Introduce Bill to Finally Make Lynching a Federal Crime Black People Politics 0
Lunar Cycle Law Forum : Legal And Binding? No, But a Lynching Just The Same Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Lunar Cycle Law Forum : A LEGAL AND BINDING LYNCHING IN THE NAME OF THE PEOPLE Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 56
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : congressman-who-wants-to-impeach-trump-receiving-lynching-threats Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : woman-says-claims-that-led-to-emmett-tills-lynching-not-true Black People Open Forum 5
IFE African American History Culture : Emmett Till accuser exaggerated claims that led to 14-year-old's 1955 lynching African American History Culture 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Black Woman Activist Faces Charges of 'Lynching' for Protest Activities Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 8
serious brother Law Forum : Lynching in 2016 Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Kemetstry African American History Culture : LYNCHING SUSPECTS STILL ALIVE? African American History Culture 0
OldSoul OldSoul : The Spectacle Lynching of Claude Neal OldSoul 0
S Black People : Racism: History- A lynching in Texas in 1916 (BBC Documentary) Black People Open Forum 9
Corvo Black People : AIG vs Lynching Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : Racist New Orleans cops convicted in the lynching of Henry Glover Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Anniversary of the Lynching of Fred Hampton Black People Open Forum 0
I Black People : Afrikans participate in the public lynching of a fellow Afrikan man! Black People Open Forum 3
Blackbird Black People Politics : The Lynching of Barack Obama Black People Politics 2
Destee Black People : Earl Caldwell Chronicle on Lynching Black People Open Forum 0
river Black People : The Last Lynching in Paris Texas - the Family left and Moved to Chicago Black People Open Forum 3
S African American History Culture : WITHOUT SANCTUARY...American Lynching Photography... African American History Culture 0
OldSoul OldSoul : (An unflinching view of lynching) OldSoul 0
daroc Black People : apology to victims of lynching- cspan2 Black People Open Forum 10
ASHANTA Quiet Poetry Lounge : Psychological Lynching Will Now Be Deleted Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : New Emmett Till Memorial Will Be Made Bulletproof, Group Says African American History Culture 4
Kemetstry Black People : BLACK PEOPLE FOUNDED MEMORIAL DAY! Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY On Sunday we pray the last Monday in May is Memorial // Day in a pastoral way cel Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY On Sunday we pray the last Monday in May is Memorial // Day in a pastoral way ce Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
chuck Black People Politics : Any Comments About Obama's Memorial Day Speech In Japan? Black People Politics 6
R Black Poetry : HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
KingSango Black People : FBI orders new agents to see MLK Memorial Black People Open Forum 2
Alarm Clock Black Women : Memorial Day honor to Nana Harriet Tubman Black Women 5
Alarm Clock Black Men : Memorial Day honor to Minister Nat Turner Black Men 3
cherryblossom Black Ancestors : Memorial Day: Sankofa Honoring Black Ancestors 15
Ankhur Black People : Questionable OTHER Dedictions at the Dr Martin Luther King Memorial in DC Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : NAACP to protest Confederate memorial celebration in SC Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : First Americans Memorial Day today Black People Open Forum 6
Ankhur Black Entertainment : Memorial Day movie, "Miracle of St Anna" or "American Gangster"? Black Entertainment 0
Ankhur Black People : Memorial Day time of Tribute to Our Soldiers Black People Open Forum 1
cherryblossom African American History Culture : The Clayton-Jackson-McGhie Memorial, Duluth, MN African American History Culture 0
river Black People : Recording of Michael Jackson's Memorial Service Live Black People Open Forum 7
THE-GOD Black People : Anybody ever been to the George Washington Masonic Memorial? Black People Open Forum 0
R Black People : Confederate War Memorial Black People Open Forum 10
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : REMEMBERING .......A MEMORIAL Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Destee Pan Africanism : First Memorial to Black Victims of Nazi Genocide African American History Culture 0
D African American History Culture : Ithaca, NY Memorial pays honor to 26 African-American Civil War vets African American History Culture 0