Black Entertainment : Lupita Nyong’o Reveals This Shocking Thing a Makeup Artist Once Told Her About Her Dark Skin

Chyko

Oct 10, 2019
If you follow the activities of Lupita Nyong’o, then you know she isn't shy at all when it comes to discussing her experiences as a dark-skinned black woman growing up and as a Hollywood star. During a recent sit-down with Oprah Winfrey, the actress disclosed a remark a makeup artist recently told her about her complexion.

“There’s definitely still a misunderstanding of dark skin,” Nyong’o told Winfrey on a soon-to-air episode of “OWN Spotlight: Oprah At Home with Lupita Nyong’o and Cynthia Erivo.” “I recently had a makeup artist say to me, ‘Oh, well, you know, your skin can take anything it’s so tough.’ I have very sensitive skin. It’s just misunderstood. And so that definitely then plays itself in so many different ways.”

Nyong’o also also pressed for the representation of dark-skinned women — including behind the scenes.

“The more dark-skinned women that are present and working, the better,” she explains. “And I think it’s about there being a change in the demographic behind the camera as well. And that’s how, then, things will truly change.”

This follows the release of her first book, a picture-based story geared toward children titled “Sulwe,” which was released on Oct. 15. Months earlier in April,

the Oscar-winning actress explained on Twitter why it was important for her to release such a book, the title of which is a Luo term for “star.”

Use the link for the full coverage and kindly react to the post.

https://www.amebobook.com/lupita-nyongo-reveals-this-shocking-thing-a-makeup-artist-once-told-her-about-her-dark-skin-59182.html

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: