Black Poetry : " louisiana burning "

j'hiah

louisiana burning
racism and injustice can no longer be hidden in small judicial pockets
and prosecutorial lawlessness....
but we united for this cause and became
rebels without a pause...

before the wheels began turning backwards louisiana will be burning... faster with all night fury
remember the scottsboro boys from alabama...
they were in the process of being legally lynched by an all- white jury
and that was back in the 30's when they were
accused of raping two white women :puke2:
if you were to research the unfair trials of the south and the north
the east and the west you would see
no due process...
no proper, legal procedures
:time: the clock winds to '07 to Jena and six boys get none either???
how the old white supremacists would love to turn back the hands of time
into the blurry channels of black and white tv
away from the granddaughters and sons replaying one of our cd's
and away from the educational magnitiude of our hbc's...
i'm hurt... i'm dissappointed
at the churches whose pastors demand consistent tithes and attendance
but when asked to act
on righteous vengeance, he and his congregants kept within their walls...
grow some balls...
what if Jena was your town.. or is it already??
keep your pace to act steady
for if Jena 6 could've been 7 if it included your own...
and then that's when God himself would have to come off his throne
b/c if it were mine in that number....
my wrath would sleep nor slumber...

louisiana burning

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
Da waves in da air i feel ya man continue to bring us closer in da light

Da Street So'ja

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
where failure is not an option
Occupation
thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
man poet

love how you laid this here

yes we need justice

turning back the hand of time should not be allowed

especially when trying to take us back to where

we don't want to return

peace

poet

hopefully this can play out in our favor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
HODEE African American History Culture : In 1850’s a Louisiana scientist Dr. Cartwright claimed to have discovered two new diseases peculiar to Blacks that he believed justified enslavement African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Kavanaugh's Dissent In Louisiana's Abortion Case Means Trouble For Roe v. Wade Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Queenie Black People : Floods in Louisiana! Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Louisiana mom could face felony charges after punishing sons for robbery Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Aluku Black Education / Schools : A Sytem That Is Working In Louisiana Black Education / Schools 0
crwn Black People : Watch This Disturbing Video Showing Harvard Students Trying To Pass Louisiana's 1964 Literacy Test Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Brain-Eating Amoeba Shows Up in Louisiana Tap Water: Here’s What You Should Know Food Discussion and Recipes 2
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Percy Mayfield- Louisiana (1952) Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Too-Saggy Pants Banned in Louisiana, Prompts Fears of Racial Profiling Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul OldSoul : White Mob in Opelousas, Louisiana killed nearly 300 Blacks Over The Right To Vote OldSoul 0
cherryblossom African American History Culture : Charles Deslondes: 1811 Slave Revolt: New Orleans, Louisiana. African American History Culture 2
pamelab The Front Porch : Introduction on to forum - Know of any Yoruba practitioners in Louisiana? The Front Porch 16
RAPTOR Black People : Modern day slavery in louisiana and mississippi? Black People Open Forum 9
H Black Education / Schools : Louisiana Schools Teaching Black Males They Are Retarded Black Education / Schools 25
Desert Storm Black Poetry : Louisiana Plantation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 36
Destee Black People : SLAP ON THE WRIST FOR LOUISIANA JUDGE WHO WEARS BLACKFACE Black People Open Forum 3
OmowaleX The Louisiana Native Guard Honoring Black Ancestors 0
Isaiah LOUISIANA BLACK WOMEN... Honoring Black Ancestors 1
$$RICH$$ Meat Recipe : Louisiana Salmon Croquettes Food Discussion and Recipes 0
I Black People : Louisiana approves spending funds Black People Open Forum 4
info-moetry Black Spirituality Religion : THE "BLACK CODE" OF LOUISIANA Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : The Day a Native American Tribe Drove the KKK Out of Town The North Carolina Klan thought burning crosses would scare the Lumbee tribe out of Robeson Black People Open Forum 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Burning Fire Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : prominent-ferguson-activist-found-dead-in-burning-car Black People Politics 1
OldSoul OldSoul : Burning Spear - Christopher Columbus OldSoul 1
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Burning Spear - Invasion [Aka Black Wa-da-da] Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Burning Spear - I Stand Strong Black Entertainment 1
John Williams Black Spirituality Religion : The Talmud says that Jesus is in hell burning in excrement Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 21
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 5 Fat-Burning Foods for the Holidays Black Health and Wellness 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Bowie State University Choir - Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Burning Spear, Old Marcus Garvey Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Amnat77 Black People : Anger, shock over cross burning in Calif community Black People Open Forum 3
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : BOOK BURNING Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Ankhur Black People : Message About "the Burning House" Black People Open Forum 29
cherryblossom Black Poetry : Our Village Is Burning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
H Black Poetry : Burning to Write... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
T Black Spirituality Religion : Burning the Idols Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
T Black Spirituality Religion : Burning the Idols~ Why WE HATE Ourselves Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
G Black Spirituality Religion : From Church to a burning hell mega-churches, Million dollar pastors... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
D Broken gym light bulbs blamed for burning eyes Black Health and Wellness 0
D Black People : Burning of UNIA (Marcus Garvey) flag Black People Open Forum 4
naija-man Black People : PREACHER TO BE HANGED FOR BURNING CONGREGATION MEMBERS. Black People Open Forum 4
4 Black Poetry : THE BURNING BED... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
D Black People : Man arrested for burning Mexican flag in US. Black People Open Forum 0
D Black Ancestors : Burning Montreal Canada down...who did it? Enslaved African Angélique they say... Honoring Black Ancestors 6
H Black Children : Burning Up... Black Children 7
AHMOSE Black Spirituality Religion : Keep your fires burning! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
KWABENA Black Entertainment : BURNING CDs and DVDs Black Entertainment 21
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Burning luv Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 18