Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Little Black Girls Are Ugly

Black Squared

Feb 28, 2010

I'M 'TEAM SOLANGE', ALL DAY LONG!! :terrific:

lol :D
Although this is beautiful, sisters don't HAVE to go so short. I was talking to my mother about black women wearing their hair natural and she pointed out that these days sisters tend to go with the short look, which she doesn't like. She says it looks too "manly" which I disagree with but I see her point. You can still go natural and wear your hair long, I LOVE seeing sisters with "big" hair, lol.

enquiring_mind

Nov 25, 2009
UK
Although this is beautiful, sisters don't HAVE to go so short. I was talking to my mother about black women wearing their hair natural and she pointed out that these days sisters tend to go with the short look, which she doesn't like. She says it looks too "manly" which I disagree with but I see her point. You can still go natural and wear your hair long, I LOVE seeing sisters with "big" hair, lol.

Oh I absolutely agree...I'm by no means a 'short-hair' person either...I just couldnt! I was simply drawing the VAST comparison between Beyonce and her Sister...I have about 5 inches currently, but I'm not stopping til I look like Chaka Khan :D But I see that that's the only option left to sisters who want to chop out the perm and 'start over', depending on how much regrowth they have of course...but if there was no regrowth, a short crop like this would result. Of course it won't always be this short; There are wigs/braids/weaves to aid the transition...I just find Solange refreshing, compared to her slightly more famous sister. Those hairpeces, man... :10500:

Hotep :)

Black Squared

Feb 28, 2010
Oh I absolutely agree...I'm by no means a 'short-hair' person either...I just couldnt! I was simply drawing the VAST comparison between Beyonce and her Sister...I have about 5 inches currently, but I'm not stopping til I look like Chaka Khan :D But I see that that's the only option left to sisters who want to chop out the perm and 'start over', depending on how much regrowth they have of course...but if there was no regrowth, a short crop like this would result. Of course it won't always be this short; There are wigs/braids/weaves to aid the transition...I just find Solange refreshing, compared to her slightly more famous sister. Those hairpeces, man... :10500:

Hotep :)
If I had to pick between Beyonce and her sister her sister would be my choice EASILY. I can't even look at sisters with wigs/weaves anymore, it just looks ridiculous to me now. The fake straight hair speaks to sub conscience insecurities and I have very little tolerance for insecurity these days.

dunwiddat

Sep 17, 2012
Peace and Blessings Family,

It seems that once a little Black girl comes out of the womb, one of the first things that takes place in her life ... is that she gets a perm or gets her hair pressed. Something has to be done to her hair, for her to be pretty. :(

Little white girls, little asian girls ... all other little girls ... come out of the womb pretty.

But not our little Black girls.

We rush them to the hairdresser, or the kitchen sink, to make what God gave them something else.

What does this do to a young girl's self-esteem ... her long-term view of herself?

What are we saying to our babies, by rushing them off to pressing combs and relaxers, at such a young age?

Are we perpetuating the weapons of mass destruction put on our people?

What are we saying to our sons, regarding beauty?

Are little Black girls ugly ... the way God made them?

:heart:

Destee

This is nothing more than the perpetuating of a slave mentality. Black parents need to reinforce pride in their children. I have two grand daughters who have a lovely head of hair, and when their hair is braided you cannot want anything more beautiful. Parents must set the example because IF they perm their hair, their girls will want the same done to theirs.

Black mothers must also make a CONSCIOUS decision to purchase black dolls for their little girls. For too long all that our children have been exposed to are images of white children. Also as parents we must search for books that show African
American/Caribbean themes and family life. Children must see that what they have is beautiful. If we do not love ourselves who will.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Not to take this too far afield, but since the title of this thread is "Little Black Girls are Ugly"..... :) I just came back from the drug store. Lupita (12 years a slave) was on the cover of some magazine. It said she was an "Oscar winner." I laughed and said to the elderly woman ahead of me, "I didn't even know she won the Oscar!" To which sista-grannie replied, "She's an ugly little girl!"

It was on.

"Black self-hate," "you think all black people are ugly," "Who's pretty? white women?" yada yada yada... Oh, and to which she replied each a every time that Lupita was U.G.L.Y.! One "ugly little girl!"

The heat burning my collar cooled, however, when she spat: "And she's not black anyway. She's AFRICAN!" :mad:

Thought of this thread immediately. Oh, and, uh, venting.

Carry on. :news:

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Hey, dunwiddat! Uh, I ain't "dunwidDIS!" :lol:

I'd just come in when I wrote the above. Had time to think about it. LMAO thinking about it! The 75-80 year-old "sista" left the store before I did. When I paid for my stuff and went to get in my car..... the old broad tried to sideswipe me! NOT my car.... ME!!! Then she said something (prolly nasty - couldn't make it out), and sped off. :rofl1: :rofl:

Knew I shoulda pimp slapped her. :rolleyes:

(felt good to get in an argument with someone I could beat up for once! :lol: )

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Sorry, but I just HAD to post this! :lol:

Lupita Nyong'o of Kenya named world's most beautiful person

Kenyan Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong'o, 31, has been named the world's most beautiful person for 2014 by People magazine.

Thu 24 Apr 2014, 16:34 pm (GMT +2)

• : Lupita Nyong'o of Kenya named world's most beautiful person

She said she "never dreamed" she would be praised for her looks and find herself on the US weekly's cover.

Nyong'o shot to fame in the film 12 Years a Slave, winning the Oscar for best supporting actress last month.

She subsequently won her first major endorsement when she became the new face of French cosmetics giant Lancome.

Nyong'o said it was "exciting and a major, major compliment" to be on the cover of People.

"I was happy for all the girls who would see me on it and feel a little more seen," she is quoted by the magazine as saying.

She received an Academy Award this year in the category of Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal of Patsey in the Steve McQueen-directed film.

http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?aid=20278

:mirror:

ellen covington

Jul 18, 2013
brooklyn ny
Occupation
community leader
I heard the young woman who made a website dedicated to the self love of other dark skin girls killed her self. What tragedies when someone that is creative enough to help fix the problem is beaten down so bad she dont have the strenght fix her self What does that say to the young girls who looked to her website for support and what world do we live in when chocolate colored girls need support to just live

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
I heard the young woman who made a website dedicated to the self love of other dark skin girls killed her self. What tragedies when someone that is creative enough to help fix the problem is beaten down so bad she dont have the strenght fix her self What does that say to the young girls who looked to her website for support and what world do we live in when chocolate colored girls need support to just live
She had other problems. She didn't kill herself because she was dark-skinned.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly
Happily Married and doing well❤