STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
omowalejabali said:
Very wise words sister Destee!

This is something that has been bothering me lately. Excuse me for saying so but it's my opinion that this should be a written rule in this community. We have rules for respecting each other but some of the opinions here in regards to Our Ancestors is appalling at times.

At no time should we Speak Negatively about Our Ancestors. If we do, we risk Banishment.

jmho,
Om.
Brother O ... thank you for the kind words ... :love:

I understand and agree with you, regarding respecting our Ancestors, and would legislate us honoring them properly, if i could ... but i can't. Loving ourselves, our people, our Ancestors ... is something that must come from the heart, if it is to be done properly. We must each be moved, in our own time, inside our own selves, to fully overcome the conditioning of white supremacy / racism. It is happening this way for me, so i'm willing to let it happen this same way for others. At least i try ... whew, sometimes ... i do get krazee about my Ancestors! :)

Thanks for sharing your suggestions with me. Even if i can't do them, others may read, and be moved to do it for themselves!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

This video is heart-wrenching, and speaks to the very title of this thread ... Little Black Girls Are Ugly.

Look what we are doing to our babies.

The video has the following text included at the end of it:

My first really big step toward self-degradation: when I endure all that pain, literally burning my flesh to have it look like a White man's hair. I had joined that multitude of Negro men and women in American who are brainwashed into believing that the Black people are "inferior" ... that they will even violate and mutilate their God-created bodies to try to look "pretty" by white standards. As he once said, "We hated our African characteristics. We hated our hair. We hated the shape of our nose, and the shape of our lips, the color of our skin ... This is how whites imprisoned us. Not just bringing us over here and making us slaves. But the image that you created of our Motherland and the image that you created of our people on that continent was a trap, was a prison, was a chain, was the worst form of slavery that was ever invented ... "

Malcolm X
taken from "Hair Story"

Beauty

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I HATE what we are doing to our own babies.

Teaching them, by example, word, and deed ... that they are not pretty the way God made them!

I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT !!!

Destee

PLATINUMILLITY1

Nov 2, 2005
Life is waiting....
Occupation
Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
Yes to all of you questions Destee...ad it iis not only in our African Culture of people...it is all over this nation....

Trying to get employment with a more natural African presentation is so frowned upon....I speak from the personal side of this.
But that is only because we did not maintain the Afrocentric light of our spectrum....
When perm came out...it was obvious that thre was still insecurities other wise we would not hae to continue with this fight.....It's so amazing...one aspect o the world we live in......Something so simple yet still so complex as hair

truetothecause

Feb 26, 2007
In the fantasy of Afreekan Unity
Occupation
The~rapist
Comment in Cue....

:hearts2:

I heard you Mama Destee...
Sorry for the DE~lay...M.E.

Pricess Platinmum~illity1
stirred the pot right back up

and this is what i up- chucked:

Mama Destee...

I talk about my "hair st8'tening experiences~! Finally!!!:qqb014:

:hearts2:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.