Black People Politics : Legalizing It All Seems and Sounds Like Another Cop Out!

chuck

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 9, 2003
I feel and think folks operate on the basis of nostalgia, i. e., since the effort of booze is gradual, the impact of drugs ad naseum immediate, both on the addicts and/or our various communities...

Your feelings/thoughts/etc?

And thanks in advance!

FYI

Rottenez watkins

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 24, 2014
I feel and think folks operate on the basis of nostalgia, i. e., since the effort of booze is gradual, the impact of drugs ad naseum immediate, both on the addicts and/or our various communities...

Your feelings/thoughts/etc?

And thanks in advance!

FYI

I believe this going to be like a repeat of crack cocaine.Because when crack cocaine hit it was a drug that was little known about that had a big effect on most African american families lives.The push for weed to be legalized nationally,a drug people wish to rationalize and want law abiding citizens and their governments to sympathize with them about. I feel is a plan to increase the crime rate,because eventhough it may be legalized the motives and intentions of those who possess or illegally sell it will remain the same.So the question to ask is will the end result justify the means those who will allow themselves to continually be dubious to obvious acts of entrapment because who would think if weed is legalized that there wouldnt need to be any act of ill-will perpetrated against them because we all have access to it? I'm not naive because I'm well aware,that not all minds are for,or even that matter great minds that think alike but rarely are good favors put in place to benefit minorities especially when it comes to dealing with our American government.

chuck

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 9, 2003
I believe this going to be like a repeat of crack cocaine.Because when crack cocaine hit it was a drug that was little known about that had a big effect on most African american families lives.The push for weed to be legalized nationally,a drug people wish to rationalize and want law abiding citizens and their governments to sympathize with them about. I feel is a plan to increase the crime rate,because eventhough it may be legalized the motives and intentions of those who possess or illegally sell it will remain the same.So the question to ask is will the end result justify the means those who will allow themselves to continually be dubious to obvious acts of entrapment because who would think if weed is legalized that there wouldnt need to be any act of ill-will perpetrated against them because we all have access to it? I'm not naive because I'm well aware,that not all minds are for,or even that matter great minds that think alike but rarely are good favors put in place to benefit minorities especially when it comes to dealing with our American government.

Good evening, and I appreciate your reply, but my overall intent/purpose/etc. is to get more of the alleged or real advocates to do more than react/overreact/etc. to the bad pr, realize and recognize how else we get played cheap and close....

Nothing new or news about the misuse of addictive drugs to quell people in rebellion...

The British did that to the Chinese, as was also a subject brother Malcolm brought up in his famous 'Message to the Grassroots' speech...

My and the as well as more to the point:

No liberation forces are bound to rise in the midst of drug addicts etc.

So many have just not been able or willing to fess up, in the aftermath of the Civil Rights and Black Power movements, etc.

Movements do provide the share of lessons etc., but all movements run their courses...

In more recent years, a lot of smoke/little fire/etc.

Bare chested and/or all of the swagging etc. doesn't stop the bullets ad naseum...

As the Last (Black) Poets chided my generation(s), today's folk be playacting, big time...

Other folks don't even be playing...

'Stand your own' b. s. is the m. o. of cowards and pyschos....

Let's do be for real about that too....

And let's us also base comebacks on realizing what/who/etc. our young folk are coping/dealing/etc. in the midst of....

FYI

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Black People : Legalizing Illegal Immigrants..the Republican Plan to replace the Black Community? Black People Open Forum 63
J Black Poetry : you are so sweet that it seems to me that I will have caries and diabetes. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Black Cop Kills Unarmed White Kid? Everything Isn’t as It Seems in Fox’s New Series Shots Fired Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : black-women-and-girls-are-missing-and-no-one-seems-to-care Black People Open Forum 22
Continuous Broadcast Law Forum : Seems Drinking Coffee Then Driving or Drinking Coffee While Walking Is A Crime Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Stevie's Vision seems the Deepest of all Entertainers regarding Trayvon Ish Black People Open Forum 0
dunwiddat Black People Politics : Seems like Mitt Romney can't help lying Black People Politics 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : R. Kelly- Seems Like Your Ready Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : The First Trick of the Devil that seems effective is Willie Lynch Black People Open Forum 5
R Black Poetry : Grabbing Info Got odd facts but seems like a god act to rhyme all the time Devastate Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
baller Black Poetry : (it seems like) Ten Thousand Years Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
I Black People : Just What are thr RULES of posting here? It seems there are 2 sets of them... Black People Open Forum 46
watzinaname Black Poetry : Not as Simple as it Seems... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
T Seems like only Yesterday Black Men 2
HODEE Black Poetry : Relationships, Common Dreams. It seems like a dream. I want it to be so. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
M Black Poetry : life seems but a sunset Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Sometimes it seems Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
D Black Poetry : Seems I'm Always Alone Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
J Black Poetry : "it seems the older l get.." (get 2 know me) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Discerning Black People : Sounds just like a Covid-19 denier on here Black People Open Forum 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Failing Hard Drive Sounds Science and Technology 0
ru2religious Black Spirituality Religion : Strange Sounds around the World Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : S.O.U.L. (Sounds of Unity and Love) Black Entertainment 6
Ankhur Black People : Japanese Nuclear Plant Skipped Inspections/ Sounds familiar Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Black People : WHOA!! This woman says she isn't racist, but sounds like it. Black People Open Forum 11
Ankhur Black People Politics : OBAMA SOUNDS SHARP AT PRESS CONF OVER TAXCUTS Black People Politics 3
SeekingMaat Black People : Sounds of BLACKNESS Black People Open Forum 1
M Black Spirituality Religion : Beautiful sounds Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Sounds of Silence Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
triniti424 Black Entertainment : Van Hunt... (yeah i know his name sounds white lol but hes not) Black Entertainment 3
K Black Authors : "Azucar Moreno" (New book) sounds like a good one Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
T Black Poetry : as it sounds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
I Black Relationships : This sounds retarded, but I need your opinion Black Relationships 7
N Black Poetry : Sounds of Blackness Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Sounds of Silence Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
L Black Poetry : “Us” sounds so much better Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
K Black Poetry : Sounds of Blackness Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
F Black Entertainment : D'mello This Name Sounds Familiar Black Entertainment 3
F Black Entertainment : heather headley sounds good Black Entertainment 0
N Black Poetry : Succession of Sounds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
Heartbeat Black Poetry : Sounds and Smiles Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
S Black Poetry : Embedded Sounds on a Page Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9